Login

russian armor

US + Russian - Strategy Help

2 Jul 2014, 19:16 PM

Hi

Me and my friend are fairly new to CoH2 and have decided to try and create a strategy for 2vs2 (US+Russia).

Being fairly new, i wondered if anyone here had some advice or tips before we start creating the strategy. stuff like: for our army combination, which commanders to use and when, if the US player is better at certain things, certain things russia are better at etc.

i played a fair bit of vCoH and am fairly impressed with the western front expansion, just got to get used to a few chanegs.

Thanks for the help!

2 Jul 2014, 19:22 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/19332/please-tell-me-whats-wrong

download and watch one of my replay or take a look at the picktures.

I can say something to youre question after the patch in 3 h.
3 Jul 2014, 13:45 PM

any news?

p.s. i cant download your replay.
3 Jul 2014, 14:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Comparing US and Soviets I find US has much stronger infantry and Turreted tank destroyers. Soviets are better with Heavy tanks and howitzers.
So i would say the US players goes 3/4 rifles and focuses on flanking and offesnive operations. Get a lieutenant and the AAHT. I dont think you need the US atguns because they have less penetration than the Soviet one. Infantry company is strong just becuase of the 30cals. Give all your rifle double 30cals and maybe one squad with double bazookas. Mayor next and m8howitzer thing and then jacksons

Soviet can go T1 or T2, I saw you are new so T2 would be safer. Get conscripts and maxims, more maxims the more OKW players you face.
Then T3 (jacksons are better cus of the turret than su85s) and get t34 and atguns.
Howitzers are extremely good versus OKW because of their forward emplacements and the lack of offmaps to kill howizters. Be careful of some ostheer commanders which can easily kill howitzers. IS2 is good too versus OKW.
3 Jul 2014, 14:42 PM

thanks sarantini, great information there!

for the soviets though, which 3 commanders should be chosen? - one with howitzers available ?
3 Jul 2014, 14:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

What commanders do you have?
if you only have the default I would say Guard motors, Shock rifle and Guard rifle.
personally I am in love with the terror doctrine currently against OKW
3 Jul 2014, 16:27 PM

Hi

Me and my friend are fairly new to CoH2 and have decided to try and create a strategy for 2vs2 (US+Russia).

Being fairly new, i wondered if anyone here had some advice or tips before we start creating the strategy. stuff like: for our army combination, which commanders to use and when, if the US player is better at certain things, certain things russia are better at etc.

i played a fair bit of vCoH and am fairly impressed with the western front expansion, just got to get used to a few chanegs.

Thanks for the help!

One of the more common plays I see in my community when it comes to US + Soviet is the Maxim + Medic Truck Combo. When paired together, you can have maxim teams (2-3) lock down areas and still move from one spot to another rather quickly. Axis infantry are strong, but are still susceptible to heavy suppression of overlaying MG sprays.

By aggressively pushing your maxim line forward, coupled with hospital truck and rifle squad, you can advance your front line and gain resource. Normal infantry will have to force retreat due to suppression and MG42 set up to hinder your front lines will still have trouble dealing with the US rifle horde that can outflank them. Maxim lockdowns are hard to flank because of their fast set-up time so it makes the tactics decently effective. The additional resource you gain from early win could mean early tech and therefore get armor before your opponent. If your opponent is really behind, you can literally get a tank and drive it into their base, and they can't do anything about it because they simply can't afford the tech upgrade because of either manpower bleed due to Maxim sprays or little oil from early loss (of course, this must mean your opponent isn't very experienced in this game yet). The major weakness of this tactics is the weak AT or AB(anti-building). If the opponent manages to squeeze out a good armor vehicle (222 with cannon upgrade) and just kite your infantry, it could mean serious manpower bleed. Smart placement of a HMG bunker could also seriously hinder the advancement of your troops. So for this tactics to work to its full effect, you must make sure to push your forces forward quickly to avoid opponents having enough time to react.

I've still yet to play enough games to be confident in my recommendation, but this is sort of a norm I see in my community. I thought it might be helpful to let you know, considering how this tactics does not require any specific commander.
3 Jul 2014, 18:45 PM

One of the more common plays I see in my community when it comes to US + Soviet is the Maxim + Medic Truck Combo. When paired together, you can have maxim teams (2-3) lock down areas and still move from one spot to another rather quickly. Axis infantry are strong, but are still susceptible to heavy suppression of overlaying MG sprays.

By aggressively pushing your maxim line forward, coupled with hospital truck and rifle squad, you can advance your front line and gain resource. Normal infantry will have to force retreat due to suppression and MG42 set up to hinder your front lines will still have trouble dealing with the US rifle horde that can outflank them. Maxim lockdowns are hard to flank because of their fast set-up time so it makes the tactics decently effective. The additional resource you gain from early win could mean early tech and therefore get armor before your opponent. If your opponent is really behind, you can literally get a tank and drive it into their base, and they can't do anything about it because they simply can't afford the tech upgrade because of either manpower bleed due to Maxim sprays or little oil from early loss (of course, this must mean your opponent isn't very experienced in this game yet). The major weakness of this tactics is the weak AT or AB(anti-building). If the opponent manages to squeeze out a good armor vehicle (222 with cannon upgrade) and just kite your infantry, it could mean serious manpower bleed. Smart placement of a HMG bunker could also seriously hinder the advancement of your troops. So for this tactics to work to its full effect, you must make sure to push your forces forward quickly to avoid opponents having enough time to react.

I've still yet to play enough games to be confident in my recommendation, but this is sort of a norm I see in my community. I thought it might be helpful to let you know, considering how this tactics does not require any specific commander.

Thanks for the advice partisan! are there any replays you know of that can show this 'tactic' in action?

Also just been reading through the latest patch notes, do you think getting the american AA is still viable?
3 Jul 2014, 19:14 PM

Syko --

My friend and I also started using USAF and Soviet 2v2 -- looking for the same answers you are so I will keep my eye on your forum.

I just posted our first win but I don't think it was anything to garner any tactics from but maybe you may see the good/bad. I play as Soviet.

3 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM

Ghostball - no problem mate, feel free to add me on steam (syk08024966) aswell.

Ive started writing up a build order, based on what partisan and sarantini have said but its not tested in game yet.

When ive got time ill watch that replay aswell!
4 Jul 2014, 16:05 PM

Thanks for the advice partisan! are there any replays you know of that can show this 'tactic' in action?

Also just been reading through the latest patch notes, do you think getting the american AA is still viable?

Now that's sort of difficult considering I don't have the habit of keeping videos. I went ahead and played a random game in my community as Soviet with some US allies and uploaded the recording already. Its sort of a noob stomp (I was later told they were bad players) and I wasn't playing it by the books, but its all I can give on such a short notice. http://www.coh2.org/replay/19737/noob-stomp--but-its-all-i-got-sorry

I'll keep this in mind though, whenever I get a better example I'll leave it here for you.

Edit: I made one really really bad mistake(in the game). You would probably figure it out if you watched it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 115

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight