Login

russian armor

re-downloading COH2 on new drive? am I f**ked?!

26 Jun 2014, 21:27 PM

Hi people. First time posting and no idea where to put this topic.

Basically I might be having hard drive failure and will be finding out after a pc checkup this weekend. If I have to reinstall win7 on a new drive that means all my info including COH2 will be wiped. After I go through the painfully slow re-download through Scam.. I mean... Steam then will all my DLC, Campaign/ToW progress, loadout profiles, etc etc be wiped out and I will then have to start from scratch?

I really don't want to waste countless hours (like I haven't already right?!) spamming units to get a bulletin unlock. Or play for weeks trying to get back to my progress rank.. which, btw, was wiped out by the WF updates!! I still have my 5 star faceplate but have lost ALL rank progress that I got from the Steam Free Weekend a few months back. I got to 100 and unlocked around 2/3rds of everything in the loadaout/commanders/bulletins and I really really really don't want to lose that progress. I use my bulletins! Man, this issue has me pissed off at Relic for once. seriously dropped the ball. I played a guy yesterday who was at a 71 rank and I asked him how and he said that's what he was before but I was at at zero!! Also.. how am I supposed to know how to unlock bulletins now? I was really close on quite a few so I was playing games specifically to unlock them. Like spamming the Panther just to get vet3. Now I have no idea what is needed to unlock the hidden bulletins. I'm really disappointed in whoever was in charge of this aspect of the 'update'.

OK.. I'm ranting and rambling... IDK... I'm just getting repeatedly let down by Relic. Every time I think the game is worked out they update to nerf/buff something and it's a mess and then they have to screw something else up to fix that.. wash rinse repeat.. The game has so much more potential and Relic just keeps making near misses on the bullseye.

whatever... Will my game progress be reset to zero all across the board or is there a way to save all my info for a transfer? I'll go back to playing and bitching in my head instead of in the forums. But if I lose everything then I might have to chalk up spending all this money on a waste and leaving the COH world behind.
28 Jun 2014, 07:53 AM
Donator 11

Wow ...
Your total progression is saved with your steam account, campaign progression, dlc's buyed, etc ...
We aren't in 2000 anymore, and i think your pseudo totally describe you.

I have uninstalled coh 2 a few times, and i have never lost anything.

And about your rank lost, i think its the prestige systeme if someone can confirm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★