Login

russian armor

Stugs

15 Jun 2014, 23:02 PM

Hey Guys,
Do any of you use StugIII's I see them here and there sometimes a lot and sometime not at all. I find they can be very effective if used with stacked bulletins and scopes. Just be cause I use them in groups of three or four depending and find they shred most anything except T34/85'sand 152's and out perform one or even two Su 85's. Given I do put my bulletins on them and its a bit of a muni sink with 30 for scope and 50 for an mg ?

The scopes really help them shine do to the fact that most things have taken one if not two shots from each before they even shoot back ? Granted AT guns hurt but three Stugs will go head to head with at least one destroying the gun out right by hitting it and not the crew?? when one is hurt I pull it back for a quick repair and while the other two or three cover and continue dishing out punishment.

This is how I like to play and Im sure there better strats but what do guys think have tried this?
15 Jun 2014, 23:22 PM

Yes I like to do this strat too from time to time. When you got 3 stugs they can really steamroll paks. However I think they dont scale well into the lategame vs. the very best soviet panzer and vs. mass flanking tanks.
15 Jun 2014, 23:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I like using stug with a P4 and a Pak 40. The combined capability of these 3 units can handle almost any Soviet tank force, and is also flexible enough to handle some anti-infantry duties. I generally don't build more than 1 or 2 stugs, as I prefer P4.
21 Jun 2014, 06:25 AM
Benefactor 340

In 1v1 I normally just save for the Panzer 4 i find t34s just flank and destroy Stugs to easily

Also I haven't seen the unit stats, what advantages does the stug have over a p4, does it have more range more pen etc
21 Jun 2014, 06:55 AM

One of my mist favourite unit
23 Jun 2014, 10:35 AM
Patrion 14

In 1v1 I normally just save for the Panzer 4 i find t34s just flank and destroy Stugs to easily

Also I haven't seen the unit stats, what advantages does the stug have over a p4, does it have more range more pen etc

50 range (pz4 has 40) plus target weak point at vet 1
23 Jun 2014, 15:51 PM

I find target weak point to be very mean against enemy tanks, especially the bigger ones. It is very satisfying to chain a couple of stuns from target weak point on a more expensive call-in tank while pounding on it with other non-vet tanks or AT.

I prefer to use the Jaeger Armor doctrine and mass Stugs. Keep in mind that is all from 3v3 and 4v4 experience. I don't generally spend any time on 1v1 or 2v2.

Jaeger Armor docrine
2CP Halftrack AT mine
4CP Recon Flight
5CP Spotting Scope
12CP Stuka Bombing Strike
12CP Elefant

I'll admit that I'm a bit noobish, so I haven't found a good way to work in Halftrack AT mines, but I imagine that they could be good for covering flanks, and given the mobility of halftracks, covering enemy retreats to give them a nasty surprise :P. I usually find that I play more effectively if I skip T2 all together though.

The long range of a Stug + a spotting scope make them rather deadly ESPECIALLY in a snow storm, and they can tear through large groups of Katyushas if they can manage to sneak behind the lines (also easier in a snow storm)

Similarly, a recon flight can give you not only valuable info on enemy movement and vulnerabilities in their defenses, but can also give you a spot on enemy units to snipe at with a Stug.

Once you get an Elefant, these tactics will work even better for it. (With Stugs already in front of the Elefant of course) It isn't fast enough to flank, but once you engage an enemy tank, you can pound it a couple of times, stun it with target weak point as per usual Stug combat, and the Elefant will reap in the kills.

All that to say: I really really like Stugs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★