Login

russian armor

To all the noobcallers and teamkillers

12 Jun 2014, 10:45 AM

Hello,

First post here, and I'll be starting on a negative. It's about the noob-callers, the L2P neckbeards and the teamkillers.

Yes I'm a noob. I discovered this wonderful game completely by accident about 4 days ago. Since then I have played some of the single-player campaign, but multiplayer is a lot more enjoyable. Except the only time I joined a 4x4 multiplayer match and proceeded to quickly have my base destroyed by a member of my team. Nice!

After that I decided to keep away from multiplayer matches vs other players, and have been having fun with mutiplayer vs AI compstomps... at least mostly. Although still marred sometimes by some toughguy spamming chat with insults if something isn't to their liking.

I played EVE online for years so I'm not exactly thin-skinned, and used to a toxic community. However everyone was a noob once and had to learn how to play this game. So if you see a new guy making mistakes, how about offering some friendly advice and helping new guys instead of being an elitist dickhead and driving new players away. After all it's not like there's a huge playerbase to begin with.
12 Jun 2014, 10:52 AM

Welcome to the community!! This is the place where you'll find many dickheads! :D In other words this community is mostly toxic.
12 Jun 2014, 10:58 AM
Patrion 14

Except the only time I joined a 4x4 multiplayer match and proceeded to quickly have my base destroyed by a member of my team. Nice!

Wow, that is just sad :( Like any gaming community there are a lot of assholes here, but I wouldn't say it's as bad (or certainly not worse than) the better known communities like LoL. So don't stay away from multiplayer matches just because of that incident, you'd be missing out on a lot of fun. Also, try 1v1s, at least you won't have whining team mates there ;)
12 Jun 2014, 11:02 AM

to be perfectly honest with u , i see close to zero flaming ingame , at +1k hours and teamgamer only. and the only team-base-kils i have ever seen, were executed by me.
12 Jun 2014, 11:05 AM

"some toughguy spamming chat with insults if something isn't to their liking."

lmao! that exactly how all my games go in coh1, team mates scream at me all kinds of insults. My favourite one was "Noob Whore!"
12 Jun 2014, 11:17 AM

Yeah unfortunately manners fall astray on the internet. Personally I don't see a lot of this since I play mainly 1v1 games.

However, if you keep getting a lot of abusive team mates I would probably suggest trying to find 1-2 people who are nice in-game and just play 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 arranged team (AT) with them. That would be my best advice.

Otherwise, just keep that head up, ignore the filth and keep at it til you overcome that learning curve. With a good attitude you can jump it very quickly.

Welcome! :)
12 Jun 2014, 12:20 PM

Speedkermit ... feel free to friend me in steam!! I've only been playing since February and I'd be most happy to give you a game or play a 2v2 with you. I've no qualms with winning or loosing I just love to play the game. Or anyone else who is turned off by the attitudes ... let's take back the game!! Good players not so good players ... it's all fun and we can get better together.
12 Jun 2014, 12:26 PM

You must find those in who you trust. :D
12 Jun 2014, 13:49 PM

Speedkermit ... feel free to friend me in steam!! I've only been playing since February and I'd be most happy to give you a game or play a 2v2 with you. I've no qualms with winning or loosing I just love to play the game. Or anyone else who is turned off by the attitudes ... let's take back the game!! Good players not so good players ... it's all fun and we can get better together.

I will do that. Thanks for the offer. Nobody else that I know plays COH2, although I hope to change that. I'm sure multiplayer becomes a lot better once you can communicate properly with teammates allowing a lot more co-operation.
12 Jun 2014, 13:55 PM

Just stop playing 4v4, it's like playing all for one in league of legends and complaining about flamers... Go 1v1, it's mainly serious people, not 12 yo spamming tigers. You'll learn so little by playing 4v4.
22 Jun 2014, 07:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

And I would stay stick with team games, because that is what people actually play most of the time.

Plus they are fun.

Feel free to play to find people to play with who are not obnoxious

(So if you want to friend me by all means do so)

I've had a teamkiller on my side once in 1,150 hours so I don't think they at all common (or I am lucky)

If your opponents are obnoxious this is usually a sign that you are beating them
22 Jun 2014, 08:13 AM

Start off by playing 1v1s. You won't have to put up with annoying team-mates and you'll learn much faster too.
25 Jun 2014, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2014, 08:13 AMKhan
Start off by playing 1v1s. You won't have to put up with annoying team-mates and you'll learn much faster too.

i been trying more 1vs1 and 2vs2 but damn do i get spanked pretty easy
26 Jun 2014, 04:34 AM

Welcome to the game. By all stretches, this is actually a pretty great community. Compared to some gaming communities I've been apart of at least.

Take the advice that's been said already here. Add some of these people on steam and do some team games with them. That way, you avoid the possibility of always getting matched with experienced players in 1v1s until you've learned the game. Honestly, arranged team games are always more fun than random team games because you sort of know the people you're playing with. Good luck!
5 Jul 2014, 10:55 AM

I normally play with one guy and communicate via TS. he gives the orders as he is better than me at the game.
5 Jul 2014, 11:32 AM

I don't post a lot because I really don't have anything constructive to say to players who are all more accomplished at this game than I am but the game itself is great even with balance changes nerfs and buffs.The OP is correct on his opinion of a few players but for the others in this COH.2 site I have learned a lot and appreciate their help. This game means a great deal to me as I play it for stress relief and not to have a woe-is-me post I won't elaborate.If in the future I play a 1v1 know this I can only use one hand and I am new to the online against people playing so my gaming etiquette will leave something to be desired but hopefully I won't offend players who I have come to respect for their skill and humor.This is a game that helps me cope and even though I get my hind-end handed to me on a regular basis it is still fun.
5 Jul 2014, 12:15 PM

Hello,

First post here, and I'll be starting on a negative. It's about the noob-callers, the L2P neckbeards and the teamkillers.

Yes I'm a noob. I discovered this wonderful game completely by accident about 4 days ago. Since then I have played some of the single-player campaign, but multiplayer is a lot more enjoyable. Except the only time I joined a 4x4 multiplayer match and proceeded to quickly have my base destroyed by a member of my team. Nice!

After that I decided to keep away from multiplayer matches vs other players, and have been having fun with mutiplayer vs AI compstomps... at least mostly. Although still marred sometimes by some toughguy spamming chat with insults if something isn't to their liking.

I played EVE online for years so I'm not exactly thin-skinned, and used to a toxic community. However everyone was a noob once and had to learn how to play this game. So if you see a new guy making mistakes, how about offering some friendly advice and helping new guys instead of being an elitist dickhead and driving new players away. After all it's not like there's a huge playerbase to begin with.

Sorry to hear you encountered the worst kind of idiots in our community. Had one happen to me the other day -_- Basically if you don't do what they want because they are xXxSOVJETKILLERMLGPROxXx and know best how to play the game.
5 Jul 2014, 13:14 PM

I must admit, i have had a couple of games with players so bad, and unwilling to listen to helpfull advice that i have teamkilled. But only because they were so hideously bad that teamkilling increased the chance of winning for the rest of the team.
Doesn't happen often but sometimes there are those players who appear too play for the opposing side.
5 Jul 2014, 22:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

you can report those you feel have broken the terms of service to enforcement@relic.com (with the proper evidence replays, screenshots, etc...)

so basically the teamkillers and if someone is being extra abusive to you or someone else. :)
6 Jul 2014, 04:36 AM
Patrion 27

I started sending friend requests to players who I opposed or teamed-up with in random matches or who I had good games against on 1v1 ladder. Now I have a long Steam friends list of people and we get together all the way up to 4v4 games while chatting on Skype.

Ignore the assholes and be nice to the cool players and you will have much more fun!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★