Login

russian armor

Couple questions about sniper data

27 May 2014, 16:21 PM

This is not a balance discussion, please don't talk about sniper balance here. I just want some data since I can't understand all the stuff on the coh2 stats website.

Does the german sniper recloak slower or faster based on cover? Or is Revert time on dete...: 2.0 the only number that matters?

Is the ready aim time for the soviet sniper 2.0 at all distances? It doesn't seem like the data for the soviet sniper rifle is correct on coh2stats since it says it does 16 damage, which isn't enough to kill a german sniper in one shot.

What I'm getting at is whether or not its possible at max range to use a german sniper to counter-snipe and recloak even if a 2nd soviet sniper is facing the correct direction at max range, and whether or not this scenario is cover dependent.
28 May 2014, 08:31 AM

I can only answer the 16 damage part: The SovietSniperTeam has two weapons, and the one of the Spotter does low damage. Or if you are at the right one, I think the damage doesnt matter and Snipers always proc a crit, which insta kills.

I will add a Question of my own^^:
Any stats how the recloack speed is influenced by shooting/staying in the same spot?
3 Jun 2014, 11:39 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I'm not entirely sure, but my guess is that the Sniper does 16 damage which will effect damage against vehicles such as a scout car or half track. But it has a 100% chance to score a critical hit against infantry.
5 Jun 2014, 08:23 AM

As for the damage this is the weapon soviet sniper uses for insta kills, the other one (which is also listed as soviet sniper default weapon in the files - that's why it's so on my site) is the one used by the spotter.

As for the camo mechanics - unfortunately, I have no solid idea how it's calculated in-game, so I'm not able to give you a definitive answer on that one.
5 Jun 2014, 08:34 AM

Thanks tensai, hopefully someone else can answer the question about the camo calculations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 7
unknown 5
United States 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %