Login

russian armor

4vs4 Tiger & Elephant & P4 spam.

22 May 2014, 10:14 AM

Hello
We were playing 4v4. Ostheer build fast Brumms and mass p4,so they destroyed our paks. Our t34 were useless,then we made IS-2's,but by the time they got there,there were 1 elephant and 2 tigers.So our zis+is2+t34-85 could not help. So: Brumm in front=destroys paks,then tigers help the brumms and elephants sniping our is2's. We had solid 50/50 mapcontrol,but still they managed to build such massive tank force. Ow and they had in the last 10min game 4 tigers+tiger ace,2 elephants and 5-6 p4.
any advice,what would you do in this situation?
22 May 2014, 10:30 AM

Tbh 4v4 is kinda mess, you dont know who is paying and who is drinking. Cutting off resources is not that big of a factor, microing aswel, so it comes down to who has greater army
22 May 2014, 10:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I refer to this experience as "Critical Mass."

Your description of how this game went leads me to believe you failed to kill any of their tanks early in the match. If you lose tank engagements the enemy tanks pile up and yours don't.

If you really had 50/50 map control, you should be able to match their tanks with yours. You need to press an advantage when the tank armies for both teams is low.

In the current meta, spam ISU. 6+ ISU and elefant doesnt matter.
22 May 2014, 11:09 AM

Oftopic; God dang brumbarr is way to powerfull.
'Ah a pack? Who cares, one-shotting it anyway'

Ontopic; 4v4 is indeed tankspam, no real skill required.
22 May 2014, 11:24 AM

Jea,we kinda lost our first 2 tanks,but they were t34's,so doesn't really matter in than point. we had 50/50 mapcontrol,both armies had fuel caches. They used brumms as indirect arty+they had stationary arty pieces or maybe 2 of them. In the last we had engagment,with 2 is2 and 4 zis,and we managed to only kill 1 tiger and 1 panther,bud rest elephants and brumms and tigers,just crushed us ))
Jea,4v4 is just spammin tanks til the end,not much of skill required :/
22 May 2014, 11:25 AM

and only 1 of us had ISU,but that didnt really matterd,cause 2 shot from elephants and 2 shot from tigers,made ISU dissapear ))
22 May 2014, 12:34 PM
Donator 11

Well if you got 50/50 map control, one of you could have gone soviet industry so that you could have gotten 2 or 3 tanks more than the enemy had p4's that way you could have made 4 t34 packs that hunt enemy p4's down before they can make too much of them
22 May 2014, 13:23 PM

Oftopic; God dang brumbarr is way to powerfull.
'Ah a pack? Who cares, one-shotting it anyway'

Most Soviet vehicles do this to all German infantry. So yes, pay back is warranted.

But like someone else said, 4v4 is highly dependent on which team sucks less. The oshteer is particularly unforgiving of poor teammates, especially in the early game. The only way I have lost Elefants is through an enemy tank pincer movement followed by Shrek holding infantry crawling up my flank as I fall back, or a mass AT guns rushing a flank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS