Login

russian armor

I hate the Pursuer

17 May 2014, 09:03 AM

I still can't beat this guy.

Watched some video where he said just keep moving up and to the right. This works 5 out of 6 times then he catches me on a downward diagonal slash.

I give it one more try tomorrow, and hope I get a ballista kill, otherwise, GG WP Dark Souls II.

17 May 2014, 09:13 AM

Try using a heavy tank :facepalm:
17 May 2014, 13:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Right? I always go left and that works just as well, in my experience.

Keep at medium range. When he pulls his sword back to do the charge attack, roll left and then run in for a hit. Only heal when he does the stab attack that makes his sword light up blue. Just keep backing up and circling left at all other times. A shield that blocks 100% of physical damage helps a lot.
NB the charge and double-slash attack looks slightly different on the wind-up animation than the regular charge attack. Could be my imagination, but I don't think so. Bait those charges!

I'm assuming you've played other Souls games and know that fast movement speed and an ability to roll-dodge through attacks > everything.

Fun boss. I won't spoil anything about him. Suffice it to say that spoilers are possible :p
17 May 2014, 14:23 PM

Run straight at him, parry his first attack and he will be stunned.

Shoot him with the ballista and throw a bomb at him.

GG
17 May 2014, 15:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Also, has anyone ever summoned phantoms for this fight and then gotten "accidentally" TK'd by the ballistas? It happened to me about three times in a row.
17 May 2014, 17:37 PM

Are you a shield user? I was still a filthy casul shield user (despite having played DSI) when I met him the first time, he owned me. Then I got gud and learned how to roll. Get your equip load below 40% and time your rolls.
17 May 2014, 17:40 PM

Eh, I went sorcerer, I haven't practiced parrying a lot or using shields. Getting the timing down is quite hard, I'm usually early...I'll try that. Then I went to Tower of Flame and tried shield using, aha, I see your point Daniel.

So I am good at dodging already, but there is one attack I can't seem to roll out of...Oh and 40% you say? I thought 50% was the marker for pathetic rolling..

17 May 2014, 18:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Eh, I went sorcerer, I haven't practiced parrying a lot or using shields. Getting the timing down is quite hard, I'm usually early...I'll try that. Then I went to Tower of Flame and tried shield using, aha, I see your point Daniel.

So I am good at dodging already, but there is one attack I can't seem to roll out of...Oh and 40% you say? I thought 50% was the marker for pathetic rolling..

70% is enough to roll decently. With Pursuer, just be very patient as the fight can take a long, long time if you are not able to do the parry + ballista (I can't get the timing right). You just need to roll, roll, roll, roll, roll.
17 May 2014, 20:59 PM

AFAIK its a continous increase in roll speed/distance the lower your equip load. There are also cutoffs at 50/75 or something like that, but dont listen to me cause I dont really know.

I would try to roll diagonally (try towards or away from enemy depending on attack) if you aren't already. Straight up backwards/forwards and left/right get you caught a lot.
17 May 2014, 23:56 PM

Oh, I think I figured out what the problem is. This fourth roll I need to do, I can't do because my stamina is too low, I wasn't really paying much attention...So I'll just go do some other bosses and get that up, even with no equipment can't keep the rolls going...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★