Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Red Rock Canyon

16 May 2014, 20:28 PM

I just wanted to share my map if anyone has the time to give it a play and provide some feedback. The comments I get on the Steam Workshop aren't very constructive most of the time.

I originally was going to make a "North Africa" map, but then I realized that I don't have any idea what that looks like. Google returned images of flat desert, and that didn't seem like a great idea for a map afterall. So instead I made a desert map inspired by photographs of Arizona, with red rocks, cliffs, and canyons. It features a river/canyon with 5 chokepoint crossings (3 bridges and 2 water crossings). Three of those crossing are infantry only. The map is also split perpendicular to the river by two 64x96 mud fields - The mud is disguised as sand dunes. I did this to slow down how quickly units can move from one side of the short end of the map to the other. There are also 2 invulnerable abandoned Howitzers on each side of the River. You can kill the team crewing it, but you cannot destroy the gun itself. The Howitzer range is about half of the map and doesn't reach the enemy base (unless you crew the Howitzer on their side of the River). I feel it adds some fun to the map, but doesn't cause overwhelming destruction - though if you feel otherwise I may just take them out entirely.

I believe the map is balanced - the sides are basically symmetrical without being carbon copies of each other. Pathing shouldn't be an issue. Objects to use as cover might be a bit scarce but I'd like another persons opinion on that before I start plopping more objects down. Thanks for looking.

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260452788

21 May 2014, 17:54 PM

Looks cool, especially the bridges. Unfortunately, I have no time to try it out.
21 May 2014, 18:05 PM

The map looks great, looking foward to testing it, but im wondering how much of trouble will the brigdes be since they will be easly guarded with mgs, ats and mines... maybe too easy. We will see
22 May 2014, 16:28 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I like the unique concept and look of the map. I would recommend lowering the blurry effect, it could get heavy on the eyes over time. Is it supposed to simulate dust or what?
I think you did great job with coming up something different.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Netherlands 35
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak