Login

russian armor

soviet mines - squad wipes

2 May 2014, 20:45 PM

Leave the mines alone. Soviets have enough issues with players abusing the pay to win commander troop training. As long as assholes can keep exploiting this bullshit doctorine the risk of squad wipes from mines needs to haunt them.

Build a mine sweeper just like soviets countering s mine spam.
2 May 2014, 21:10 PM

I think the damage related to soviet mines should be reduced to a point where the maximum amount of gren models that can be killed in one mine hit is 3, and that's at a 15% chance, considering they're at full health.
2 May 2014, 21:37 PM

I think the damage related to soviet mines should be reduced to a point where the maximum amount of gren models that can be killed in one mine hit is 3, and that's at a 15% chance, considering they're at full health.

+1, same thing for s-mines if they turn out to be doing the same when fixed.
2 May 2014, 22:36 PM

This can't be overstated enough. I will simply leave games where I randomly lose a full health gren squad in the first 5 minutes because, barring your opponent being asleep, it's the inverse problem that the tiger ace had when it was free. Assuming we're both playing equally well, no matter what happens now I am simply behind a squad for the rest of the game because RNG dealt me a bad hand.

Sweepers are not a solution because you cannot sweep everywhere all the time.
2 May 2014, 23:09 PM

Wow! After almost a year of CoH2, somebody finally found out what to do about mines!

To be fair, I have won my fare share of games simply because my opponents refuse to get mine-sweepers. Often these games ended with remarks as 'mines so bs' even though my opponents never even attempted to counter them.
2 May 2014, 23:47 PM

problem with mine sweepers is if there is an hmg behind the mines, the pios won't even get there without dieing or suppressed.
3 May 2014, 00:47 AM
Donator 11

If you let one minesweeper pick up every mine you plant then i can only say, Learn to Play.
4 May 2014, 16:00 PM

shouldn't squad wipe IMO, 3 models dead is sufficient.
4 May 2014, 17:12 PM

I agree that three models dead is more than enough.

So in this case, either a damage must be toned down, or the price has to go up to.... 50 muni per mine (?) also, I would like to see mine sweeper as an upgrade for all German infantry. Here you get an option of weapon upgrades. Or maybe even a purchasable mine sweeper upgrade for some vehicles? Like on a half track?

Practically speaking, I realized that most of these complains come from greedy players who don't use minesweepers at all trying to save 60 muni for weapon upgrades. Yes, there might be a maxim covering a mine field. So how about combined arms and flanking? Sniper or mortar, or smoke can work just fine.

I guess it is "you have to adapt" issue. Blobs of LMG grens or shrek panzergrenadiers will not get you a victory like it was before. Things have change.
4 May 2014, 23:41 PM

Just had a game on Langres and lost 2 full health squads early on to mines placed on cut-offs and chokepoints, wont be playing 1v1s anymore until they fix this bs, its so frustating to lose the advantage built early on trough preservation and enemy squad wiping because of 30 munitions thermo nuclear mines. I wonder how hard is for them to change a simple value on the code...
5 May 2014, 01:26 AM
Donator 11

If you force yourself to never go anywhere before first checking it with a minesweeper your capping power will be next to zero not to mention flanking possibility is next to zero if you have to go with sweepers before you flank every goddamn time because mines just blows apart your army.

3 models is way too much for 30 munitions, 0-2 model killed and suppression... yeah like vcoh.
5 May 2014, 01:30 AM

Mines were always defensive stalling counters. Either they were designed to make squads get off the field and reinforce, or they tied up a vehicle in needing repairs from a crit. It was always this way in vCoH, and it worked well enough there where it rarely wiped a full squad.

If anything, mines were more likely to kill one man and severely maim the rest, making them have to either spend a ton of time back at Triage or popping medkits, and even with that functionality it was always stated "mines win games."

Completely destroying a squad just seems like overkill. I watched a teammate barely clip a mine today (it was fully exposed by my minesweeper and he just wasn't paying attention), and though only one model was near the mine, the entire 300+ MP Pgren squad with 120 munis of Schrecks pumped into it died in an instant. Yes, he was stupid, but I really don't feel like one model clipping a mine should gib an entire squad "because RNG."
7 May 2014, 04:40 AM

Why are people even comparing S-mines? S-mines have four signs around the perimeter that you can clearly see. Unless you aren't paying attention and walk right into it without retreating, there are indicators that the minefield is there.

The only thing I would change about S-mines is a slight increase to build time, like 1 second per mine. They set up just a little too quickly.

As for the soviet mines, I too have experienced squad wipes while playing Germans.

A well placed soviet mine, such as on a fuel or cutoff point, has wiped full health, 4 man gren, mortars, and panzer gren squads that I have fielded.

I think the AI capabilities of the soviet mines need to be toned down quite a bit. They should be killing at most 2-3 men from the squad, with 3 men being a 10% chance or something. The majority of times they should only kill 1-2 men from the squad.

Germans do not have mines of their own that are equivalent. S-mines are rarely used, as Germans have much more important uses for munitions. Most of the time I only ever build S-mines if I am completely dominating the game, and have plenty of ammo to spend on defense.

Another thing, most of the time the squad wipes occur before you even realize the enemy team is using mines. That means that you often won't even have the minesweeper ready yet, or are saving munis to upgrade your grens / for shreks, rifle nades, etc. This happened to me yesterday during a match on Semoisky where I pushed the enemy off a fuel point, moved my fresh ~90% health grens in and boom, instant loss of a gren. This can be devastating for the Germans in the early game. There's no way a 30 munition ability should be able to completely destroy a 240mp squad.
8 May 2014, 00:00 AM

Every other match I'm experiencing squad wipes to soviet mines. Last match I just played I lost two panzergrenadier squads fresh out of T2 to mines placed on pathways.

This is simply unacceptable relic. 30 munitions to bleed your enemy 340mp? How is this considered fair?
8 May 2014, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 01:26 AMspajn
If you force yourself to never go anywhere before first checking it with a minesweeper your capping power will be next to zero not to mention flanking possibility is next to zero if you have to go with sweepers before you flank every goddamn time because mines just blows apart your army.

3 models is way too much for 30 munitions, 0-2 model killed and suppression... yeah like vcoh.

+1
8 May 2014, 00:08 AM

Every other match I'm experiencing squad wipes to soviet mines. Last match I just played I lost two panzergrenadier squads fresh out of T2 to mines placed on pathways.

This is simply unacceptable relic. 30 munitions to bleed your enemy 340mp? How is this considered fair?

+1 not too mention how is that adding value to the game? In COH you only lost squads when you really deserved it - getting in to a fight you cant win, not retreating, a very very lucky arty strike ect - this is just terrible design.
8 May 2014, 01:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just like in the last patch i felt bad while playing germans, i feel bad when i´m wiping squads with mines.

Anyway, i should have save the replay, but already had Osstruppen full health squads being wiped by a mine XD

Mines on last patch were fine.
10 May 2014, 22:38 PM
Patrion 310

Just like in the last patch i felt bad while playing germans, i feel bad when i´m wiping squads with mines.

Anyway, i should have save the replay, but already had Osstruppen full health squads being wiped by a mine XD

Mines on last patch were fine.

i actually change my opinion...
Mines do sweep hard on infantry. Although it happens more often when the squad is down to 3, i think even then mines are a bitch. Same goes for those AI mines the axis can place, they take ages to swipe...
11 May 2014, 00:38 AM

If we're nerfing the Soviet mine, it needs to do the same amount of damage to armour as it does currently...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 23
United States 2
United Kingdom 143
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %