Login

russian armor

Thoughts about new patch

2 May 2014, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 07:36 AMbuckers
does anyone else have this feeling:

when they lose a game they don't think it's because of the imbalance, but rather the opponent being better than you, or you making some mistakes?

i get that feeling with this patch. it's good

Most of the time yes....but the PzGrens could use a little love.
2 May 2014, 19:02 PM

I think that Relic needs to tweak the AOE-Profiles. For me, that is causing the most problems because inf dies like flies now. No one can deny the fact, that soviet mines wipe entire squads now more often than before the patch. T34 are inf killing machines and do pretty good vs German t3 armor as well. Schrecks almost make no sense anymore because one t34 shot and at least two men are down. But also German tanks like the Tiger wipe whole Soviet squads in one shot. That has happened like 5 times now to me and has never occured before the patch. I think if Relic deals with squad wipes through AOE, the two factions are pretty much balanced.
2 May 2014, 19:27 PM

The only real issue I have with this patch is the StuG changes.
Now, I'm not saying they are a bad unit now, or even saying that they are OP, my issue is entirely with the fact that their role changed so drastically.

They used to be the go-to unit for a mobile anti-tank, why change so dramatically that they are now primarily anti-infantry? It just seems curious to change the role of a unit like that.

Ditto with the G43s, I might be wrong, but I thought their intention was always to make the units more dangerous at long range, but now they are primarily a short range threat?

I don't really understand the thinking behind this, and think that changing unit roles can hurt the game.

Also I don't think they needed to make the Su76 more expensive, but that's neither here nor there.
2 May 2014, 21:10 PM
Patrion 14

The only real issue I have with this patch is the StuG changes.
Now, I'm not saying they are a bad unit now, or even saying that they are OP, my issue is entirely with the fact that their role changed so drastically.

They used to be the go-to unit for a mobile anti-tank, why change so dramatically that they are now primarily anti-infantry? It just seems curious to change the role of a unit like that.

Ditto with the G43s, I might be wrong, but I thought their intention was always to make the units more dangerous at long range, but now they are primarily a short range threat?

I don't really understand the thinking behind this, and think that changing unit roles can hurt the game.

Also I don't think they needed to make the Su76 more expensive, but that's neither here nor there.

stug is still very decent against midium tanks and by the time heavies come out your first stug probably had enough time to gain target weakpoint ability.

agree with su76. i also dont like relying on ability to acess ai power of su76.
2 May 2014, 23:30 PM

Did the STUGIII-G actually get a nerf to its AT capabilities? It feels like it just got better against infantry and get reduced health and cost. But then again I have only seen it used against medium tanks thus far, did it get a penetration nerf or something? Is it now worse vs heavy tanks?
3 May 2014, 00:08 AM

Did the STUGIII-G actually get a nerf to its AT capabilities? It feels like it just got better against infantry and get reduced health and cost. But then again I have only seen it used against medium tanks thus far, did it get a penetration nerf or something? Is it now worse vs heavy tanks?

40 less penetration. Most targets gained extra armor. 80 less health. 20 less armor.
Only Relic postRelic 3 May 2014, 22:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We are seeing ELO ratings adjust from the previous patch. As others have noted, the March Deployment resulted in the inflation of German ELO ratings. Many German players are now playing outside of their true ELO rating resulting in more loses than before.

That said, we are looking into the instant squad wipes for a future update.
4 May 2014, 00:29 AM
Donator 11

please please please next patch add hold fire for AT guns.
4 May 2014, 00:45 AM

I've been playing Sovs all day, and man they feel like easy mode. The first couple of games were vs noobs but the last 5 were against decent players. i was just trying to farm mg bulletins but ended up winning every match by just spamming maxims up to their base, then a endless stream of inc barrage, kv8s, and is2s. I have yet to face an elefant but have faced what Panthers they could manage to buy. Think Im gonna stick with Sovs for a minute to see why Sov players feel Germans are so massively op.
4 May 2014, 02:31 AM
Patrion 14

I've been playing Sovs all day, and man they feel like easy mode. The first couple of games were vs noobs but the last 5 were against decent players. i was just trying to farm mg bulletins but ended up winning every match by just spamming maxims up to their base, then a endless stream of inc barrage, kv8s, and is2s. I have yet to face an elefant but have faced what Panthers they could manage to buy. Think Im gonna stick with Sovs for a minute to see why Sov players feel Germans are so massively op.

LOL
4 May 2014, 04:31 AM

Getting used to the change of the t34 has been difficult, like seeing them go toe to toe with the p4 now.
4 May 2014, 04:45 AM

Gotta mirror that. With Soviets, I am beating people that would otherwise be clearly out of my (midskill) league, both in 1v1 and 2v2. Lots of viable approaches too, Conspam to Shocks to IS2,Snips/Penals/Guards, Clown Car spam etc.
I might add that if you can pull a decent multidirectional flank à la Coh1 with early Molotovs there is virtually nothing the Ostheer player can do about it on the more constrained maps. Even without too many shotblockers Mgs suppress too slowly and just dont deal out the dps while Grens are only useful if static, and with Ura Cons get up close and personal without taking too much damage. Once you are in molotov range, the ost player has too move while you can always cancel the throw....
4 May 2014, 06:12 AM
Patrion 15

Best news I've read from Relic in a while! Huzzah!
4 May 2014, 07:19 AM

We are seeing ELO ratings adjust from the previous patch. As others have noted, the March Deployment resulted in the inflation of German ELO ratings. Many German players are now playing outside of their true ELO rating resulting in more loses than before.

isn't it just a matter of looking at ELO or Win/Loss ratio since the update? or is that not possible
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★