Login

russian armor

How do you use the Mighty Elefant.

19 Apr 2014, 17:14 PM

I really suck with Elefant. It tends to drain my offensive capability instead of adding to it. At max range its inaccurate. At med range it's close to being flanked. I cant seem to justify it over building 2 panthers. I rarely have a hard time keeping it alive but cant really get any punch. Anybody that has mastered this beast, care to share some tips?
19 Apr 2014, 17:26 PM

Step 1- get the elphant
step 2 - sit it on middle vp
step 3 - profit??????
step 4 - win
19 Apr 2014, 17:28 PM

Throwing games away.
19 Apr 2014, 17:41 PM

Step 1- get the elphant
step 2 - sit it on middle vp
step 3 - profit??????
step 4 - win

ok whats 2.5 cause I seem to be missing the part before profit. Plus I have never seen a teammate get any real use. It is strong but isn't easy to line up good shots. Im not saying it should be a "I won button". Someone other than elfant haters must have some tactics that gives it some offensive punch.
19 Apr 2014, 17:42 PM

I use it 8/10 games (elefant) and I can say that not always you must use it.
If enemy goes turtle mode with ISU152/IS2/SU85/SU76, use it, it will annhilate them.
If enemy goes mobile force with mass T34, T34/85, DONT use it, because it will likely be flanked (believe me). Instead, use Panthers or Tigers, or do like me and get PaK43 :)
Remember that next patch is adding HOLD FIRE, so it will be more beastly.
19 Apr 2014, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
1. Get elephant
2. Take your mouse
3. Right click on KW - 8
4. Profit
19 Apr 2014, 18:03 PM

1. Get elephant
2. Take your mouse
3. Right click on KW - 8
4. Profit

KW - 8? Do you mean KV-8?
19 Apr 2014, 18:10 PM
Patrion 310

Get an Elephant look at it and don't use it... and your collegues in the field will love you... :).
Almost as much as the Panther collector... my precious... :).
19 Apr 2014, 18:18 PM

ok whats 2.5 cause I seem to be missing the part before profit. Plus I have never seen a teammate get any real use. It is strong but isn't easy to line up good shots. Im not saying it should be a "I won button". Someone other than elfant haters must have some tactics that gives it some offensive punch.

Make sure to use spotting scopes with focus sight, also it is a very map dependent TD. Some maps like minks pocket it will not perform well.
19 Apr 2014, 18:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Its extremely situational. Ive stopped building them and opt for PAK43's instead.
19 Apr 2014, 18:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

on maps like crossing in the woods they can be awesome i don't use elepant doctrines but thats what everyone seems to do on crossing in tourneys. :D
19 Apr 2014, 18:53 PM

spotting scope
place behind river on Semoisky
attack-ground
???
gg wp
19 Apr 2014, 19:36 PM

I believe the elefant is the best tank in 2v2+. It forces every vehicle in a 100 range radius to either stay back or rush it aggressively - something that even 2 panthers cannot achieve.

1. Use it with the jäger armor doctrine. Spotting scopes are invaluable.

2. Keep an eye on it at all times, because it will be the number one target for airstrikes and artillery.

3. Every fixed artillery piece is a threat to the elefant, but it can be dealt with the 160 munition stuka dive bomb (with or without the 80 munition recon plane), so better save some munitions in that case.

4. Since it is a heavy fuel investment, i would always compliment it with heavy T2 (vet scout cars with spotting scopes are great) and light T3 (one P4 or Ostwind) before getting an elefant out.

Panzerwerfers and other heavy fuel investments should be handled by your team partners. Late game is a battle of attrition, and the elefant only covers the vehicle part. Your partners must cover the anti-infantry and mobile tank part - that's why you don't see elefants in 1v1.

5. Position it behind your lines where it can cover most of the map or at least one VP. If your opponent gets SU85s, ISU152s, IS2s or KVs, you will have a very easy time dealing with them.

Flanking (and ramming) T34s (-85) should be your main concern besides artillery. Cover your flanks with tellermines (or halftrack riegelmines) and use your remaining vehicles to block enemy tanks trying to flank you. Good opponents will always try to kill your elefant in one big coordinated armored push, so always try to anticipate a big attack.

Some maps like minks pocket it will not perform well.

I disagree. Minsk pocket basically has three big lanes, and you can control the middle one, reaching from your base right to the enemy base, with one elefant.

The only map where elefants absolutely don't work is road to kharkov, starting from the north position especially.

Happy hunting with the elefant, or just "death" as the crew calls it ;)

19 Apr 2014, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 17:28 PMPorygon
Throwing games away.

loool noob, no matter what game, but once i get the elefant and dont lost yet vehicles(and i usually dont), the game is over for the enemy.
19 Apr 2014, 19:59 PM

One of the best lines of the elefant commander is *DESTROY THAT SOVIET PIECE OF CRAP*!! (When targeting enemy vehicle) XD I always laugh my ass off
19 Apr 2014, 20:06 PM

Good tips, Thanks. Ive been using it with the command tank because I am starting to love that command p4. Maybe I need to go ostwind / spotting scopes instead

.....Just occurred to me the one with the command tank has hull down. I'm terrified of using that on German Tanks though. Maybe I should try it for shits and giggles. Does hull down increase Range? And has anyone in the history of Coh2 used hull down lol? Maybe Ill try to dedicate a pio squad to hull down duty.
19 Apr 2014, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 19:44 PMakosi

loool noob, no matter what game, but once i get the elefant and dont lost yet vehicles(and i usually dont), the game is over for the enemy.

It's the same logic against SU85, you see it, get no vehicles or get them on the other side of map, use infantry wasting its shell.
Seriously that shit is quite hard stopping it rotating his damn big nose and piss at random cons and wasting the spotting scope. May the next patch hold fire fixing it but now, it is bullshit.

I failed to find one reason using it instead of TA, or even Tiger / Panther / Pak43.
19 Apr 2014, 20:18 PM

spotting scope
place behind river on Semoisky
attack-ground
???
gg wp

gg wp :d
19 Apr 2014, 20:20 PM

Suppress enemy infantry, roll Elefant over them. GG WP.
19 Apr 2014, 20:23 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 20:14 PMPorygon

It's the same logic against SU85, you see it, get no vehicles or get them on the other side of map, use infantry wasting its shell.
Seriously that shit is quite hard stopping it rotating his damn big nose and piss at random cons and wasting the spotting scope. May the next patch hold fire fixing it but now, it is bullshit.

I failed to find one reason using it instead of TA, or even Tiger / Panther / Pak43.

Let me make this into the potato level, once the elefant hits the field, you have 100 % dominance in vehicle vs vehicle warfare, so all you need to do is spam more vehicles then the game is over. or you wanna spam conscripts against p4s? If the enemy bring atgun , just make nebel.

In 2v2 that is what we did with mate. I usually go to elefant, imediately tech to t4, get 1-2 nebel, then you have eneugh CP to get elefant, while my mate brings p4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★