Login

russian armor

Stats reset under consideration

Neo
12 Apr 2014, 14:45 PM

Decay should work a bit faster or ladder reset :)

Seasons is the perfect compromise between wiping stats entirely and just keeping things the same all the time.
12 Apr 2014, 15:13 PM

Can someone explain to me how seasons work?
12 Apr 2014, 15:14 PM
Donator 11

If we get seasons I sure hope we can keep our old stats somehow and look back. In that case I like the idea of seasons.
Neo
12 Apr 2014, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 15:13 PMKhan
Can someone explain to me how seasons work?

Like any other sporting competition. You play for a set period of time and whoever is top at the end of that year/season wins the competition in that season.

Then you start afresh.

The only difference with e-sports is that you can retain the ELO from previous seasons to continue matching people properly against similar-skill opponents. Best of both worlds, really.
raw
12 Apr 2014, 15:45 PM

seans/reset is a must imo after this ungodly ostheer smurfing
12 Apr 2014, 17:20 PM

I would love to see some unique faceplates handed out to the top placements at the end of a season, Nothing like some internet swag.
13 Apr 2014, 04:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 17:20 PMwuff
I would love to see some unique faceplates handed out to the top placements at the end of a season, Nothing like some internet swag.

i would pay good money for a new faceplate =3
13 Apr 2014, 05:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2014, 17:20 PMwuff

Approved.
13 Apr 2014, 06:35 AM

Reset is fine with me, but if it should have a competetive character Relic should redo that arranged team part for 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. Makes no sense to have 20 teams in top50 which basically consist of the same player with 20 different partners.

Just do it as ESL ladder does it - people have to form teams first and only matches with that specific combination of players do count for competetive ladders. And limit number of teams one player can actually be in to 1 or 2
15 Apr 2014, 02:27 AM

I would absolutely love Seasons, yes please ! :D
15 Apr 2014, 02:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge

if it was along side regular stat tracking id be fine with seasons.

i forgot to mention that i just don't give 2 shits about stats but some people really really like them so who am i to deny them. :)
15 Apr 2014, 03:56 AM

*&%^ Stats Tracking Im so sick of F'ckin stats tracking all it does is encourage cheaters and make it risky and scary and stressful to even try out new strategies - promoting ridiculous amounts of smurfing and other bs. Stats Tracking is not fun ruins the fun of games and contributes to the decline of gaming communities everywhere.
15 Apr 2014, 04:30 AM

*&%^ Stats Tracking Im so sick of F'ckin stats tracking all it does is encourage cheaters and make it risky and scary and stressful to even try out new strategies - promoting ridiculous amounts of smurfing and other bs. Stats Tracking is not fun ruins the fun of games and contributes to the decline of gaming communities everywhere.

Removing stats in any mildly competitive game is a backwards step. Its a simple decision whether or not you decide to take heed of your stats. Frankly, its better than a system that panders to the participation-sticker mentality that society seems to be heading towards. Have you heard about youth sports clubs where neither team wins or loses for the sake of the well being of the children? How ridiculous is that? Same thing here. Competition is good. I agree to an extent it can encourage weak minded individuals to cheat, but for the majority, it encourages self-improvement. If you can't handle it then ignore it. If you can't ignore it then play more casually.

Personally, I stopped worrying about my rank when I realised that this game is literally half the daily player base (somewhat more) than vCoH was at its prime lol. I might start caring if CoH2 got "big". Wow!

15 Apr 2014, 06:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2014, 06:35 AMFridod
Reset is fine with me, but if it should have a competetive character Relic should redo that arranged team part for 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. Makes no sense to have 20 teams in top50 which basically consist of the same player with 20 different partners.

Just do it as ESL ladder does it - people have to form teams first and only matches with that specific combination of players do count for competetive ladders. And limit number of teams one player can actually be in to 1 or 2

Thats dumb, if someone is good enough to be top 50 with several different teammates then they deserve to have it. Also that is just a "what if" because nobody is in the top 50 with a plethora of buddies.

Frankly, its better than a system that panders to the participation-sticker mentality that society seems to be heading towards. Have you heard about youth sports clubs where neither team wins or loses for the sake of the well being of the children? How ridiculous is that? Same thing here. Competition is good. I agree to an extent it can encourage weak minded individuals to cheat, but for the majority, it encourages self-improvement. If you can't handle it then ignore it. If you can't ignore it then play more casually.

+1

I agree with NWF about the discouraging trying new and creative playstyles part, but thats the reason I thought smurfing was a good thing. The only downside to smurfing IMO was the occasional asshat that used it to harrass or cheat anonymously, but that could be solved by having multiple in game profiles tied your steam account and better player reporting tools + enforcement from Relic.
15 Apr 2014, 06:11 AM

It should have reset, when battle server lunched.

I strongly suggest that server reset once, when western armies come out.

and season begins, never reset states again.
15 Apr 2014, 09:00 AM

Reset elo :
no, I don't want to roll over newbies/noobs again. Annoying for them, and for me.

Reset win/loss :
why ? to feel better watching your e-peen ?
And don't forget the 14 maphackers. If there is a stat reset, I hope they will keep their losses.

Actually, if they reset stats, I hope they will keep your old elo hidden for your first game : no 10 placement games, no noobstomp. But as long as you don't play 1 game, you don't appear on the ladder. That way, it will "purge" the ladder of players who are not playing anymore. Decay is good, but not fast enough.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★