Login

russian armor

Suggestions for tactical map

2 Apr 2014, 14:51 PM

I rarely use it but think it has potential. Some people probably use it very often. If you do, what are your main limitations with it? The following is how I think it could be improved.
  • List of recent notifications
  • Smaller unit icons
  • Box selection of units
  • There is a lot of unused space on the edges of the screen; maybe use that for something. The actual map is quite small considering it is given a full screen.
  • Higher resolution (less blurry) map. Also allows for better detailing of terrain features.
2 Apr 2014, 14:56 PM

suggestion : new hotkey for tactical map ctrl + s
2 Apr 2014, 14:59 PM

Suggestion: Add rebind keys section in options menu.

Seriously an RTS 2014 and there is no option to rebind your hot keys. Something I just love about how incompetent they are, it makes me smile.

Auto-Hot key is a way to get around this btw if people didn't already know. I have mine personally bound to ~. But 3rd party software shouldn't be necessary to do this. :rolleyes:

• There is a lot of unused space on the edges of the screen; maybe use that for something. The actual map is quite small considering it is given a full screen.

This is my one main gripe about the tac map.
2 Apr 2014, 15:15 PM

Permanently Banned

Suggestion: Add rebind keys section in options menu.

Seriously an RTS 2014 and there is no option to rebind your hot keys. Something I just love about how incompetent they are, it makes me smile.

Auto-Hot key is a way to get around this btw if people didn't already know. I have mine personally bound to ~. But 3rd party software shouldn't be necessary to do this. :rolleyes:

This is my one main gripe about the tac map.

some relic member told that they wont make it, because ppl could use it as breach in their security Kappa
2 Apr 2014, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2014, 15:15 PMakosi

some relic member told that they wont make it, because ppl could use it as breach in their security Kappa

There's a hidden function in CoH2 that disables their office's security cameras that can only be activated with a certain unbindable hotkey.
2 Apr 2014, 15:40 PM

I would only fix the attack move on tactical map (big size) because if I do the action of Attack move into an area where there are many of my (or my team) units, It doesn't click and I need to click far away to give the order, it's a bit annoying
2 Apr 2014, 16:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

When i was using radio intercept, that was the one time i had issues with it.

Since i have rebind it to the middle mouse, it´s something i use quite often, if not, all the time.

I´ll add:
-Not being able to reinforce.
2 Apr 2014, 17:39 PM

• Smaller unit icons

This.
2 Apr 2014, 19:46 PM
Patrion 27

Here's a simple script I use on autohotkey:

#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes 2

Capslock::Numpad0

`::0

LControl & Q::Send {F1} (no space aftter colon makes googly face so there's a space in the rest)

LControl & W:: Send {F2}

LControl & E:: Send {F3}

LControl & R:: Send {F4}

LControl & T:: Send {F5}

LAlt & MButton:: Send {Backspace}

Capslock has no in-game use and moving the camera angle is easier with the "backspace" setting.

Setting tacmap to one of your mouse thumb buttons can be nice too.

+1 *1,000 for a list of recent notifications on the tac map. Radio Intercept really needs this feature for late game when there are so many cues for yourself and the Ostheer that you will miss stuff all the time.
4 Apr 2014, 09:25 AM

Reinforcing units from tactical map view is something Im really missing.

The map is too small. It could be much bigger because there is many unused space around the map. Example: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130624182321/companyofheroes/en/images/c/cb/Coh_2_screen_7.png

Also I think the Units "flags" could be a bit smaller.
4 Apr 2014, 12:59 PM

Even better suggestion: relic should make it possible to map keys however you want. Not many ppl use the tactical map because it's in numpad 0 which is probably the hardest button to press while microing everything, makes no sense at all. Probably those who use it use autohotkey to bind another button to it.

Edit: someone else already mentioned this, sry.
4 Apr 2014, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2014, 15:15 PMakosi

I don't understand how it breaches anyone's security if you can remap your keys from the main menu lol. Does it also breach security when you can change your graphics settings too?
4 Apr 2014, 17:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 13:03 PMTNrg

I don't understand how it breaches anyone's security if you can remap your keys from the main menu lol. Does it also breach security when you can change your graphics settings too?

Usage of kappa, check.
Post by Akosi, double check.

PD: i deny to believe that post is real.

With this thread i started using the non classic hotkey mode + autohotkey. Made some tweaks here and there but i think this would definetely help improve my gameplay.
4 Apr 2014, 18:23 PM

I would straight murder an orphanage full of kittens if we could get a Supreme Commander style dual monitor display with the tactical map on one screen and the main game screen on another.

Fastest google search example: http://berglondon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/supcom2.jpg

Also +1 to re-mappable buttons. It is kind of ridiculous not to be able to.
4 Apr 2014, 18:26 PM

I've wanted that since CoH1. Some may say it gives dual monitor users an advantage, however. I think it is the same as playing with a mouse that has extra buttons though. More convenience than game-changing. The big map on SupCom2 was also much more useful than CoH2's, as I remember it.

Edit: The time it takes to move your eyes between screens and re-find your focus is probably longer than the ms it takes to show the map with the hotkey.
4 Apr 2014, 20:16 PM

Usage of kappa, check.
Post by Akosi, double check.

PD: i deny to believe that post is real.

I understood that, just the logic behind the relic's claim doesn't make any sense :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★