Login

russian armor

New Patch Balance

30 Mar 2014, 19:40 PM

Permanently Banned
We have to promote this poll in the Shout it out! Box :) Also tell everyone you know to participate! :)
raw
30 Mar 2014, 20:56 PM

This topic is stupid, balance isn't decided by public polls of feelings. Plus, the options to vote for are meaningless.
30 Mar 2014, 21:09 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 20:56 PMraw
This topic is stupid, balance isn't decided by public polls of feelings. Plus, the options to vote for are meaningless.

To be honest, I have a better feeling in trying to make a difference instead of being angry and feel grumpy ;/ And I think Relic will look at this, there are so many players complaining. :)
31 Mar 2014, 00:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since this has a nice poll, why dont we try to unify the discussion on fewer threads.
31 Mar 2014, 02:00 AM

This is my first and will probably be my only post. I have about 450 hours on record playing this - and only - game since last summer and I have to admit it is extremely addictive.

I am an average player and I played both factions about 65/35 prioritizing soviets. I always play 2v2 or 3v3. I do micro above average from what I can see and work hard on flanking and building strategies to outrun the enemy.

I was wondering at one point if the game was "nerfing" good players vs weaker players as I sometimes have hard time beating up less skilled players (either side). But I got over it assuming RNG was doing it's frustrating job.

It is literally awful since the patch. I have won one single game being soviet and I am getting beaten up by blobs throwing nades and decimating all i have (I loose 3 guys or more 95% of the time- even got 10 guys killed on 2 spread squads with a riffle nade) as opposed to me killing about 1, maybe 2 guys OR none 95% of the time ! I never kill anyone with a molotov unless the guy sits still in the fire as opposed to me loosing at least 1 or 2 guys instantly when I get one thrown at me.

I thing sure is that I cannot dodge a nade nor a molotov in any case. I even sometimes retreat slightly before it's thrown and still get decimated often. I do have lucky shots thought, about 1 for every 25 lucky shots against me.

I will skip the tanks part as this post is already pretty long and I'm having a hard time getting there anyways since 3 days.

I am getting to wonder if my computer would be the problem, as if I was a second behind the action. Problem is that my mate is pretty much feeling the same situation. I have a I7 laptop running @ 66% details and all the lest is low res. It lags very little to not at all.

Anyhow, I was looking for a good reason to remove this game and get my life back. I think this update was it.
31 Mar 2014, 03:11 AM

I do have lucky shots thought, about 1 for every 25 lucky shots against me.

Your problem is your attitude. I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the game.
3 Apr 2014, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 03:11 AMDanielD

Your problem is your attitude. I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the game.

As this is the only feedback I get, I guess you are right for some part. I just can't see how my attitude - even at it's best - could compensate for the remaining 24 lucky shots against me.

Reading through this forum, I am glad to find out I am not totally off the track. Even thought I feel that the game owes me several lucky shots, there seems to be a obvious misbalance 2v2 and up. It doesn't feel right to me that I have to click like hell and fight like crazy and endup loosing all my soviet battles while knowing that I could sit back and relax in the same battle being on the German side.

As it seems so hard to balance 1v1 without negatively affecting 2v2 and up, wouldn't it be an option to have different units properties for 1v1 as opposed to team matches? Wouldn't it be a way to put somewhat an end to this balancing consistent controvercy? I thought things were getting pretty good prior to this update in teamed games.

just a thought...thrown in the sea.
3 Apr 2014, 22:42 PM

AnTi_Gel; I'm a pretty outspoken critic of Relic's balancing (see my signature) and I am advocating for change. However, Peter has taken up a pretty good list of items for adjusting this upcoming patch that I feel will fix a lot of the things you are feeling.
3 Apr 2014, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 22:42 PMNapalm
AnTi_Gel; I'm a pretty outspoken critic of Relic's balancing (see my signature) and I am advocating for change. However, Peter has taken up a pretty good list of items for adjusting this upcoming patch that I feel will fix a lot of the things you are feeling.

Great news! I was actually going through the 3 pages of your signature link and thought I'd probably give this game another shot when the 2 news factions hits the battlefield. This will give RNG enough time to forget about me.:loco:

Good luck guys with all this balancing debate! I am confident you will get there! :D
3 Apr 2014, 23:33 PM

The more I play the patch the more balanced it feels.

Germans are easier to win with, but the balance is really starting to get closer. Soviets require more micro and skill to beat an evenly matched German player. This might not be possible to change since the German faction is designed to be a more linear faction.

Soviet early game is too weak right now, but not by much.

Pio's also feel really good. CE's do not.

Maxim should not always be killed by rifle nades.
4 Apr 2014, 00:01 AM

Ok here is my oppinion,

i try to be as neutral as i can but this game is not balanced at all. I mean since the last patch i win 90% of games with germans with just building 4 grenadiers and then switch to tier 3 but with soviets its just messed up. Even if your opponent have clearly lower skills in microing units then myself and so on u still lose most of the games and this is disappointing as hell. I want to play for having fun and not to rage. I also have no problem with losing games because i sucked or my opponent had better skills but if this balance get not fixed soon i dont know... I mean i played coh1 a lot and even preordered coh2 because i liked the game so much...so this just makes me sad about the current state of the game.

And even if the balance getting better with next patches what will happen with the new expansion in nearly 2 months? I dont expect anything good or at least they have to patch one year to get it at least half balanced...not talking about new commanders. This game has so much potential to be a really good strategy game i just dont understand what developers are doing with it

PS: sorry for my probably bad english
Neo
4 Apr 2014, 00:40 AM

Every win as Soviet since the patch feels like a massive achievement.

German wins can be different but most feel easy. Played a game today where I watched my Grens rape everything from long range and just couldn't help thinking "that's total BS" even though they were my units.
4 Apr 2014, 00:46 AM

I'm pretty disappointed they are patching the game so quickly. I understand that Relic fears they will alienate players if they don't hotfix what appear to be problems, but let's be honest: the vast majority of people who play the game are not very good. They also don't really know what they are talking about. People can't win with their old strategies, and new strategies don't immediately work, so they blame balance. The fact that anyone posts any strong opinion at all before playing the patch for at least a week or two is ridiculous, but I don't expect that to change.
4 Apr 2014, 00:50 AM
Donator 11

I'm pretty disappointed they are patching the game so quickly. I understand that Relic fears they will alienate players if they don't hotfix what appear to be problems, but let's be honest: the vast majority of people who play the game are not very good. They also don't really know what they are talking about. People can't win with their old strategies, and new strategies don't immediately work, so they blame balance. The fact that anyone posts any strong opinion at all before playing the patch for at least a week or two is ridiculous, but I don't expect that to change.

That should be on the front page.
4 Apr 2014, 01:14 AM

You don't need to play for 2 weeks to figure out that a hotfix is needed. This is not a very complicated game.
4 Apr 2014, 01:35 AM

the vast majority of people who play the game are not very good. They also don't really know what they are talking about. People can't win with their old strategies, and new strategies don't immediately work, so they blame balance. The fact that anyone posts any strong opinion at all before playing the patch for at least a week or two is ridiculous, but I don't expect that to change.

Maybe I am not good enough for you- I don't know. But as Neo said: Why does a soviet win feel like a massive achievement while a loss with German fact feels like a major fail ?

Why does "2 weeks adaption" need to be done for 1 faction only while you can run idle as usual on the other side on pretty much every update? (Remember, I play both factions)

There may be too much "not soo good players" out there for you but I think that you are definitely in need of them in order for your game to survive in this competitive and yet, capitalist word (for most).
4 Apr 2014, 02:44 AM

Classic denial post. "Hey, why are we driving with a flat tire?", "Learn to adapt!". Let's be honest, we are customers who paid for a game that in this state is broken. One year after launch the paying customers are acting like QA for massive game mechanic changes. But hey, you know what, I don't know what I'm talking about and the Tiger Ace V1 never happened and it certainly did not take 3 months to get addressed.
4 Apr 2014, 03:00 AM

I've watched a little of your streams DanielD, with Twister, and yes, it is possible to win with vastly superior Soviet micro. But it's simply not fair for one faction to be much easier to control than the other. If they want to make Ostheer micro as difficult, I am all in favor of that, I said as much in one of my other posts and that's my favored solution. But it's very unfair and mean-spirited of you to berate the vast majority of players for what is currently a clearly imbalanced game.

It would be great if you'd consider contributing positively, say by writing some tutorials or doing some video examples of proper Soviet micro this patch. I for one am as flummoxed as most people, as most opponents my skill level have equally good micro, know what smoke means, can smell a flank, etc. With that all equal, it's back to the question of "how do you close the range on units with vastly superior long-range firepower," and I have to fall back on support weapons, which is fine, but it means less map control, less capping, and less chance of staving off armor.

Thankfully they will be adjusting things soon it seems.

4 Apr 2014, 04:05 AM

Great news! I was actually going through the 3 pages of your signature link and thought

Notice how it's locked now? It hit a sore spot but gathered a lot of support. The vicious cycle of balance patching will continue until the broken process is fixed. A proactive approach of opening up the beta server to additional folks would go a long way to fixing some of the obvious issues before the patch is published.
4 Apr 2014, 04:18 AM

Did this ever even work?

Pre-patch I always managed to stop blobs just fine with MG42s and when I played soviets I always engaged from many different angles at the same time because not doing so just resulted in my squads getting suppressed by one or two well positioned MG42s.

I agree with this. How did con blobs ever had a good chance against solid german play? mg42s and grens shut it down pretty hard. problem pre patch were vetted infantry durability, piss poor conscripts scaling and german infantry innate weakness to snipers.

the idea that you can get conscripts and snipers without insane teching cost is like dream come true for US in vcoh.

conscripts did run through red cover and survive with a good deal of hp left, that I agree, but grens and pzgrens were also culprits of that.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★