Login

russian armor

Making Soviets more Soviety

31 Mar 2014, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 12:47 PMVolsky

I enabled that with modding before they cut off our workaround.

imagine if modding was still enabled, volsky.... we'd have proper gren skins, a elite mod, tank riding, pak towing.

possibilities endless
31 Mar 2014, 19:29 PM

Making Soviets more Soviety: Take a look ;) (sry for offtopic^^)

One of the most stupidest films ever.
31 Mar 2014, 19:31 PM

I love that film, I like the music and some scenes also.

The stuka bombing was pretty epic.
31 Mar 2014, 19:33 PM

Your country caused so many casulaties because the Soviets soldiers were poorly equipped for winter and they just kept rushing at the enemy hoping to scare them by the amount of men and "Uraa", which didn't work very well and instead got them killed. After the Winter War the Red Army decided to get its shit together and make some reforms. Your country doing a lot of damage in the Winter War doesn't really say anything about the Red Army during WW2 because like I said, the Red Army was in a shite shape at that point.

Proof please. German soldiers in 1944-1945 was really poor equipped, only panzerfaust and nothing.
And they should attack soviet MG's without weapons and support. Haha read some histrorical books, not only watch stupid TV, western/nazi propaganda. And of course you don't know exact numbers. So better you shut up and think why this game was bannded in russia.
31 Mar 2014, 19:41 PM

I love that film, I like the music and some scenes also.

The stuka bombing was pretty epic.

But ''Save Private Ryan'' was better, true? Films made in soviet union/russia was friendly to western allies. So if they will want they will made some films like ''enemy at the gates'' but about americans which will take 3000% more loses than germany, because this capitalists was bad armored (especially paper shermans) and of course killed and rape a lot of civilian peoples.
31 Mar 2014, 19:44 PM

Na, I actually like Enemy at the gates more than Saving private ryan.
I love cinematic scenes with good soundtracks behind them (the scene at volga river, the best one)
31 Mar 2014, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 19:41 PMNEVEC

But save private ryan was better true? Films made in soviet union/russia was friendly to western allies. So if they will want they will made some films like ''enemy at the gates'' but about americans which will take 3000% more loses than germany, because this capitalists was bad armored (especially paper shermans) and of course killed and rape a lot of civilian peoples.

america kill and rape civilians? never! that never happened or currently happens. dropping an atimic bomb on a already defeated japan just to show the soviets they are the man? never happened. that was a bomb of love. vietnam? no war crimes there.current wars? no civilian casualties! dont you watch cnn?
31 Mar 2014, 19:52 PM

america kill and rape civilians? never! that never happened or currently happens. vietnam? no war crimes there.current wars? no civilian casualties! dont you watch cnn?

Oh i don't agree. This capitalists have no brains and morality. They was raped and killed about million civilians and that true, same true as this film. And after cold war will restarted with new power, Russia will make a films like ''enemy at the gates'' but about america every day, and will show american riflemans human waves, killing and raping civilians, POWs, and other true things and everybody will believe in it.
31 Mar 2014, 19:56 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 19:52 PMNEVEC

Oh i don't agree. This capitalists have no brains and morality. They was raped and killed about million civilians and that true, same true as this film. And after cold war will restarted with new power, Russia will make a films like ''enemy at the gates'' but about america every day, and will show american riflemans human waves, killing and raping civilians, POWs, and other true things and everybody will believe in it.

The USA thrown bombs on dresden city after the war...

What is this? lol

American soldiers, 50% are retarded...
31 Mar 2014, 19:59 PM

Looks like this thread took a wrong turn a few pages ago.

It is clear that the balance within the game is off since the last patch. More so in the early game with Grenadiers vs Conscripts, I'd say that Conscripts need to be slightly cheaper to compensate for the lack of long range fire power versus Grenadiers and both units need to be changed in some way or another.

Grenadiers are simply too strong at the moment, as well as pioneers. The idea that the Soviets have to more often than not rely on doctrinal units to counter basic German units (Pioneers, Grenadiers, Scout Cars) in the form of Guards, Shock troops and PPSH squads. All of which arrive at 2 Command Points, by that time Grenadiers normally have their light machine gun upgrade, further increasing their mid-long range damage input. An example of Soviets relying on doctrinal units would be going T1. If the Soviet player goes T1 he has no early anti-armour capabilities and must rely on guards to counter the scout car. I would go as far as to say that Guards are an essential part of the Soviet force this patch, and although the variety of units is great, it is becoming more apparent to me that to win a game as Soviets, Guards have to be used.

Closing the distance with any infantry unit against a grenadier squad is extremely hard. It just seems to me that the German player can almost click and forget about his Grenadiers early game, as the threat of a Molotov has been diminished so much. This is because the Conscripts have to run out into the open, thus losing 2-3 models in the process, rending them useless.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen Conscripts win against Grenadiers on a number of occasions. However that was done through either superior micromanagement from the Soviet player, or the lack of micromanagement from the German player. Of course this is an RTS game and micromanagement comes into play, however at the moment the Soviet player is constantly on the back foot during the early game.

Anyway that's my two cents I suppose, a few tweaks here and there could make this game very enjoyable.
31 Mar 2014, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 19:56 PMBravus

The USA thrown bombs on dresden city after the war...

What is this? lol

American soldiers, 50% are retarded...

50%? try 100%. the brits helped out with the firebombing of dresden. actually was a RAF plan. "Bomber Harris" was a war criminal.

the more i play this patch. im thinking that kurt is right. cons need a price decrease and grens are a bit too powerful. however, the whole pios are op is a bunch of commie propaganda. also the buffs to the is and isu are pretty powerful, maybe overbuffed.
31 Mar 2014, 20:07 PM

Is this becomming a "Americans are retarded criminals,Germany and Russia better" thread ??
31 Mar 2014, 20:08 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 12:30 PMBurts

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Please give me a source (a valid source about this, and enemy at the gates is not a valid source).

If we look at the statistics, the kill ratio was about 1 on 1.3 in favor of the germans. And that 0.3 came from the huge casaulties at the start of barbarossa.

In finland there were huge casaulties becasue of 1. Inexperienced officers ( due to Stalins purge)2. Harsh winter climate, if the red army would of attacked in summer, Finland would be gone in 1.5 weeks. 3. Poorly trained soviet soldiers.
Yes, some of that was still present at the start of the war, but after Stalingrad, russian tactics and strategical thinking became in no way worse than the germans. Oh, and let me tell you some "strategic mistakes" that the germans did. Paul in Stalingrad easily could of created a mobile reserve which could of prevented german 6th army being encircled , but yet Hitler decided ( And unlike rommel Paul only listened to hitler, didin't really think much himself), that the german is not going to leave Stalingrad, and even when they were encircled, HE still didin't give them the order to try and evacaute, instead saying Manstein will come and rescue you!!! It's even worse than the soviet whole "not one step back" mentality. I mean when the soviets realized that they were horribly encircled atleast they tried to make it out of the encirclement. If you still think that the soviets performed human wave attacks, then please google "operation bagration" which the soviets demolished the entire front, and "operation uranus" both of these ended as brutal fiascos for the germans. By 1944, (which the game is set in btw) your average russian soldier was in no less worse than the average russian soldier.

didnt you read what i already said?

Finland fought 2 wars vs soviets and the other was 3 years long 1941 to 1944 so there was plenty of summer fighting so forget about this "1.5 week". Really what are you guys talking about blaming the casulties on "poor clothing, poor training, poor officers" isnt that the thing i said? they basicly came in suicide waves.. there is fucking pictures from finland of mass soviet soldiers charging on open fields and getting cut down.

By the way finland was poor equipped and poorly trained, the army was mostly made up of farmers and peasants who was trained how to fire a rifle and that was it.
31 Mar 2014, 20:22 PM

In the winter and continuation wars the Finnish achieved overwhelming things considering the uneven odds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_war

70,000 total casualties vs. 323,000 total casualties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_war

275,000+ casualties vs. ~835,000 casualties

Makes a total of about 345.000 vs. about 1.1 mio casualties. And that with an army that had almost no armored force but some captured tanks and under 100 tanks sent to them.

The Finns surely kicked some ass.
31 Mar 2014, 20:34 PM

Could a mod lock this? My brain can't handle the level of seething rage and stupid that's present here. In a video game thread. Nobody is ever any better than anyone else in war. Solders on all sides raped, pillaged, and stole their way through the countryside in which they were advancing. It's a human thing, not a U.S. thing, not a Soviet thing, not a Nazi thing. It's a human thing.
1 Apr 2014, 06:07 AM

In the winter and continuation wars the Finnish achieved overwhelming things considering the uneven odds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_war

70,000 total casualties vs. 323,000 total casualties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_war

275,000+ casualties vs. ~835,000 casualties

Makes a total of about 345.000 vs. about 1.1 mio casualties. And that with an army that had almost no armored force but some captured tanks and under 100 tanks sent to them.

The Finns surely kicked some ass.

The 1st, it is not true and russian section of wikiperia says other things. Okay let's just count, german forces was about twice - thrice more numerous than finish army on finish front. that mean they lose(as your logic) minimum - 890,000 soldiers.
And in winter war russia lost 100,000 peoples. So don't believe to wiki.
1 Apr 2014, 11:18 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2014, 06:07 AMNEVEC

The 1st, it is not true and russian section of wikiperia says other things. Okay let's just count, german forces was about twice - thrice more numerous than finish army on finish front. that mean they lose(as your logic) minimum - 890,000 soldiers.
And in winter war russia lost 100,000 peoples. So don't believe to wiki.

eerrh what?

I have never heard that, what i heard was that germans had a force in northern finland trying to capture murmansk along with the finns. But most of the fighting was in Karelia (center, southern Finland) which was the way to Helsinki and also Leningrad and i never heard of any german divisons there so that would make no sense if Germans had more troops than Finland in Finland and didnt even participate in the greatest battles.

Also no German forces was in finland during the Winter war, only during the continuation war.

1 Apr 2014, 11:31 AM

Every country learns its history and the history of other countries from its point of view. Nobody can be objective.
For instance, you'll never find a russian who will admit that "the great Red Army" did as much killing, raping and so on in every country they entered (allied or non-allied) during WW2 as german army did in Russia. Or that N.K.V.D. was the SS soviet face.

Point is that here you're all..... :ot:
1 Apr 2014, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 20:08 PMspajn

didnt you read what i already said?

Finland fought 2 wars vs soviets and the other was 3 years long 1941 to 1944 so there was plenty of summer fighting so forget about this "1.5 week". Really what are you guys talking about blaming the casulties on "poor clothing, poor training, poor officers" isnt that the thing i said? they basicly came in suicide waves.. there is fucking pictures from finland of mass soviet soldiers charging on open fields and getting cut down.

By the way finland was poor equipped and poorly trained, the army was mostly made up of farmers and peasants who was trained how to fire a rifle and that was it.

The mannherheim line was built for 13 years. 13 years. I'm trying to dissolve the myth that soviets charged mindlessly into the enemy. While i'm not denying the fact that something like that might of happened a few times, some people think that this was the standart WW2 tactic. The reason why soviets failed so hard because they had no winter equipment , there were cases of bad mapping,bad leadership and many other things. .For example soviet maps didin't even have forests marked in some places. That is for the winter war. While its true that finnish soldiers were not trained. however its much easier to defend in a winter than to attack (especially if your opponent lacks proper winter equipment) , however Finland atleast had competent generals on their side, while the soviets had all their generals purged.

I'm not trying to make it seem like the finnish did nothing , finns did stand up heroicly againts a much bigger enemy, and they protected their freedom. However i'm trying to stop the myth that soviets had no tactics which is what apparently some people think.
Soviets by 1942 had learned their lesson, there were new , competent generals coming up. And by 1943, we all know who was winning the war.

Also, is someone really trying to base their WW2 facts on Enemy at the gates? What the fuck.

Not only was that movie a bit ahistorical (I'm not denying that soviets had lack of rifles and stuff, the reason they lacked rifles becasue they had a ton of them at the start of the war, but german blitzkrieg went fast they captured alot, however unarmed troops would rarely if ever be sent to combat), everything about that movie is fucking retarded. Every single thing.

If you want a real ww2 movie go watch the movie stalingrad made in 1993,one of the few ww2 movies that is actually from the german perspective. the new Stalingrad movie is also complete dog shit.
1 Apr 2014, 12:10 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2014, 11:42 AMBurts

The mannherheim line was built for 13 years. 13 years. I'm trying to dissolve the myth that soviets charged mindlessly into the enemy. While i'm not denying the fact that something like that might of happened a few times, some people think that this was the standart WW2 tactic. The reason why soviets failed so hard because they had no winter equipment , there were cases of bad mapping,bad leadership and many other things. .For example soviet maps didin't even have forests marked in some places. That is for the winter war. While its true that finnish soldiers were not trained. however its much easier to defend in a winter than to attack (especially if your opponent lacks proper winter equipment) , however Finland atleast had competent generals on their side, while the soviets had all their generals purged.

I'm not trying to make it seem like the finnish did nothing , finns did stand up heroicly againts a much bigger enemy, and they protected their freedom. However i'm trying to stop the myth that soviets had no tactics which is what apparently some people think.
Soviets by 1942 had learned their lesson, there were new , competent generals coming up. And by 1943, we all know who was winning the war.

Damn you Timoshenko for breaking our defence! ( But he solved quite many battles during his career )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semyon_Timoshenko
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS