Login

russian armor

Comming update: IS-2 and ISU-152 will be buffed

31 Mar 2014, 14:06 PM

Its great they are buffing expensive call in units at their AT role and nerfing their AI role to not squad whipe.

So now rebalance all other tanks. I persoanlly would like to see it as BALANCED as the infantry game is now. Where inferior units can beat superior units through the magic of "Micro" and "Cover". I would very much like to see a lone T34/76 beat a Panther through flanking and better micro.
31 Mar 2014, 14:13 PM

Its great they are buffing expensive call in units at their AT role and nerfing their AI role to not squad whipe.

So now rebalance all other tanks. I persoanlly would like to see it as BALANCED as the infantry game is now. Where inferior units can beat superior units through the magic of "Micro" and "Cover". I would very much like to see a lone T34/76 beat a Panther through flanking and better micro.
Actually that´s also what I´d like to see. A Panther being flanked should be toast. Hence I suggested it´s role as an anti tank sniper with good frontal armor. Not a nascar which drives in close, shrugs off shots to the side and drives out again.

A range buff and side armor nerf would be cool. blitz should be changed with some spotting ability, similar to that on Su-85s and Zis.
31 Mar 2014, 14:24 PM

Actually that´s also what I´d like to see. A Panther being flanked should be toast. Hence I suggested it´s role as an anti tank sniper with good frontal armor. Not a nascar which drives in close, shrugs off shots to the side and drives out again.

A range buff and side armor nerf would be cool. blitz should be changed with some spotting ability, similar to that on Su-85s and Zis.

800 HPs instead of 960....Do you REALLY need IS2 HPs on a non call in?
31 Mar 2014, 14:28 PM

Permanently Banned
If they turn the ISU into a soviet elefant and IS2 into soviet panther the game will be zzzzzzzzzz
31 Mar 2014, 14:46 PM

The story described above is characteristic of Soviet propaganda, because it details the power of the gun but fails to focus on the very limited type of battle in which this is good. Yes, Soviet tanks in narrow streets will always win because all you want there is the largest gun, and reload is unimportant since once you block a street no additional threats can arrive.

FWIW that story is definitely post Soviet era.

As to the limited usefulness the SU-152 debuted at Kursk and earned its beastkiller reputation there. Its limited effect on the battle is probably due though to how there were only about 12 in action...

The Soviets weren't dumb, if the ISUs had been useless they wouldn't have placed large production orders for them, they'd have stuck to their SU-85s and SU-100s. It can't have been too crappy if they used them through til the end of the war.
31 Mar 2014, 14:53 PM

It can't have been too crappy if they used them through til the end of the war.
Actually ISU-152 were largely pushed by propaganda. To some extend as much as the Tigers. This fear from heavier german tanks had to be overcome, thus the Zveroboy was pushed. The Russians usually used 4 ISU-152s together to get a decent rate of fire out of the vehicle(s). In actual combat there are of course some situations where the did their job well, but with a rate of fire that slow, my bets go on a Panther, which could just as easily defeat the ISu, with better optics and 6x the rate of fire.

Models being constructed throughout the war doesn´t necessarily mean tehy are superior. For example the Panzer IV while being almost outdated was in production til the end of the war, for the sake of having a tank in numbers.
31 Mar 2014, 15:11 PM

Actually ISU-152 were largely pushed by propaganda. To some extend as much as the Tigers. This fear from heavier german tanks had to be overcome, thus the Zveroboy was pushed. The Russians usually used 4 ISU-152s together to get a decent rate of fire out of the vehicle(s). In actual combat there are of course some situations where the did their job well, but with a rate of fire that slow, my bets go on a Panther, which could just as easily defeat the ISu, with better optics and 6x the rate of fire.

Models being constructed throughout the war doesn´t necessarily mean tehy are superior. For example the Panzer IV while being almost outdated was in production til the end of the war, for the sake of having a tank in numbers.

It more depended on who shot who first. The ISU-152 was very powerful, and was usually used in prepared ambush positions which means it usually got off a shot before the enemy could find its positions.

A panther could have a rate of fire of 30 rounds a minute, but that wont protect it from being hit by an ISU-152. It would be an advantage however for a second panther following the first, as it would probably knock out the ISU-152
31 Mar 2014, 17:35 PM

However, if a Panther takes one shot at the rear of the ISU152 it's entire ammunition will explode, the Soviets never mentioned this but since the ISU152 uses very large, heavy shells and like all tanks if the ammunition is hit the entire tank is dead. Real life battles are not like Company of Heroes battles, you don't tickle down HP like in the game, it's one shot into a weak spot it's one kill.

The Soviets don't talk about the flaws in their tanks and they always love to boast about them despite losing them in huge numbers. For example, the T34 cooks and explode just as easily as a Sherman but who got the reputation of being a tea kettle?

T-34 is very well repaired, many of the tanks were restored by 3 - 4 times, while the Germans thought that this new tanks, from here the myth: "Red Tank zerg rush". During this tank crews loved T-34.
1 Apr 2014, 00:27 AM

T-34 is very well repaired, many of the tanks were restored by 3 - 4 times, while the Germans thought that this new tanks, from here the myth: "Red Tank zerg rush". During this tank crews loved T-34.

Well incase you haven't look at the Soviet production numbers many tanks the Germans encountered were new tanks. Lots of Damaged T34s has been repaired yes, but you can say the same for all German tanks and Shermans.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Netherlands 21
Russian Federation 85
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak