Login

russian armor

Standalone America + Germany DLC

PAGES (9)down
28 Mar 2014, 15:21 PM
28 Mar 2014, 15:24 PM

Permanently Banned
It's funny how $13 can buy you a whole new army with 5+ commanders, or 3 commanders for an existing army with re-arranged skills.
28 Mar 2014, 15:26 PM

"The unique thing is that you're actually going to be able to play against existing COH2 content, too," he continues. "So if you buy the US forces, say, you'll be able to drop into the automatch pool and play against the Eastern Front armies potentially on an Eastern Front map. Equally, if you own the original COH2 and you haven't had the chance to pick up any of the Western Front content and you drop into automatch, you'll actually have the opportunity to be matched up with somebody who's on the same side of the war that you are, but potentially on another map.

OMG, cold war becomes hot war :O

or just making US vs Ostheer? Ivan vs Heer in France?
wonder how would US vs Ivan be balanced, US Sherman is even more shitter than T34
28 Mar 2014, 15:26 PM

Article is blocked, can someone post the important info please?
28 Mar 2014, 15:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

"By Christian Donlan Published Friday, 28 March 2014

Company of Heroes 2 is returning to the Second World War's western battleground with new standalone multiplayer DLC that offers two new factions - the US Forces and the German Oberkommando West - alongside eight new maps.

The DLC's called Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies and players will be able to buy either of the factions separately or together as a bundle. According to executive producer Greg Wilson, each army offers "distinct units, new abilities, new upgrades and new tactical and strategic elements".

Most importantly, The Western Front Armies is a standalone release - you won't need Company of Heroes 2 itself in order to play it. "This is a new entry point for the series," says Wilson. "You can play with and against the AI, you can play in comp stomp skirmish modes with your friends and you can also go into our automatch pool against other Company of Heroes players.""

"The unique thing is that you're actually going to be able to play against existing COH2 content, too," he continues. "So if you buy the US forces, say, you'll be able to drop into the automatch pool and play against the Eastern Front armies potentially on an Eastern Front map. Equally, if you own the original COH2 and you haven't had the chance to pick up any of the Western Front content and you drop into automatch, you'll actually have the opportunity to be matched up with somebody who's on the same side of the war that you are, but potentially on another map. So if you don't own the US and you're playing as the Soviets, you could potentially be teamed up with the US and playing on a Western Front map."

The US pricing sees each army costing $12.99, with the bundle available for $19.99. UK prices are yet to be announced.

Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies will be released this June. I asked Wilson if that meant it was coming out on D-Day, and he politely suggested I had been thinking about it too much.

20$ for both faction bundle. Well, i expected worse :D
Patrion 14

can we see video again, can someone post it please:)
28 Mar 2014, 15:29 PM

This is what Patton wanted.... To keep rolling through Germany and defeat the USSR.
28 Mar 2014, 15:29 PM

$20 ain't bad... Not bad at all...
28 Mar 2014, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:26 PMPorygon
OMG, cold war becomes hot war :O

Not really:
So if you don't own the US and you're playing as the Soviets, you could potentially be teamed up with the US and playing on a Western Front map.

Soviets + US vs Ost/Wehrmacht on proper maps. Ahistorical armies fighting on "historical" fronts. Ost armor just became a little bit squishier with the introduction of airborne bazooka teams.
28 Mar 2014, 15:31 PM

"By Christian Donlan Published Friday, 28 March 2014

Company of Heroes 2 is returning to the Second World War's western battleground with new standalone multiplayer DLC that offers two new factions - the US Forces and the German Oberkommando West - alongside eight new maps.

The DLC's called Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies and players will be able to buy either of the factions separately or together as a bundle. According to executive producer Greg Wilson, each army offers "distinct units, new abilities, new upgrades and new tactical and strategic elements".

Most importantly, The Western Front Armies is a standalone release - you won't need Company of Heroes 2 itself in order to play it. "This is a new entry point for the series," says Wilson. "You can play with and against the AI, you can play in comp stomp skirmish modes with your friends and you can also go into our automatch pool against other Company of Heroes players.""

"The unique thing is that you're actually going to be able to play against existing COH2 content, too," he continues. "So if you buy the US forces, say, you'll be able to drop into the automatch pool and play against the Eastern Front armies potentially on an Eastern Front map. Equally, if you own the original COH2 and you haven't had the chance to pick up any of the Western Front content and you drop into automatch, you'll actually have the opportunity to be matched up with somebody who's on the same side of the war that you are, but potentially on another map. So if you don't own the US and you're playing as the Soviets, you could potentially be teamed up with the US and playing on a Western Front map."

The US pricing sees each army costing $12.99, with the bundle available for $19.99. UK prices are yet to be announced.

Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies will be released this June. I asked Wilson if that meant it was coming out on D-Day, and he politely suggested I had been thinking about it too much.

Thanks so much! This looks very interesting, I like that it is a standalone game.

Sounds interesting except I'm not crazy about USA and Soviets playing together.

well, i'm not buying the new stuff. Eastern front is way more interesting than the western front. Also russians + US on one map? what? WTF???
that's retarded...
Oh, tons of balance issues and they are working on MORE factions.
Honestly, i had faith in relic. Well, i'm still going to play as ostheer/sovs, however not going to buy the new stuff. Not interested at all.

So... Americans for AT... Soviets for AI... things suddenly get interesting...
28 Mar 2014, 15:32 PM

Sov+US teams is something I dislike though. Add a "historical battles" mode Relic :P
28 Mar 2014, 15:32 PM

I want to play as Germany and team up with the US to defeat the soviet horde x)
28 Mar 2014, 15:33 PM

Great ^.^ , just dont expect the balance to come anytime soon , but it will be nice indeed :D
28 Mar 2014, 15:33 PM

Oh boy. That Nuke Tank will take a while to get balanced MVGame
28 Mar 2014, 15:34 PM

This is a dream come true! :D

What I saw in the video was Airborne, Sherman, Riflesquad, panzer II, Jagdpanther and I think that it was a sturmtiger! :)'

And the maps looked amazing, not so depressing ;)
28 Mar 2014, 15:34 PM

LOL. so don't buy it. It is a free market.

Me, I am very interested in Western Front Allies.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 112

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment