Patch update

28 Mar 2014, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 08:15 AMbuckers

all i read is
'something that benefits the soviet faction? CHEESY, GIMMICKS RAHRAHRAHRHA'

stay classy, pory. you magnificant fanboy

Hater gonna hate :banana:

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 08:06 AMLe Wish
@kyle. A zis gun or even guards can destroy it for free, I don't see it as a major problem.

That's true, it is very easy putting a Zis that can four shot a bunker. After this patch should be one shot less, means Zis can vaporise bunker.

For the guy below

ZiS takes ages to come to bunkers, needed around 10 shots with attack ground to destroy the bunker..../quote]

What game are you playing? :unsure:
28 Mar 2014, 08:28 AM

Satchel charges should be available on Vet-1 and the ammo cost sighly increased.
Destroying a 150 mp + 60 ammo bunker with a vet-0 penal troops and only 45 ammo feels unbalanced.

Also conscripts should be cheaper, maybe not on cost but on reinforce cost.

The fact that germans can build bunkers and close certain areas of the map for soviets until feels unbalanced. Soviets have no option to do that. If u encoutered a bunker in early game as soviet u knew that this part of the map is at the moment lost cause there is almost nothing u could do about.

ZiS takes ages to come to bunkers, needed around 10 shots with attack ground to destroy the bunker.... and only 1 good flank to be cleared out. With Penals+Scoutcar u couldnt be that sure if u made it behind the bunker....Now u can be at least sure that shitty thing is gone.

It's about time that germans get nerfed on this bunkerism shit when soviets loose all attack momentum in last patch...
28 Mar 2014, 08:37 AM
Donator 22

they decreased the munition cost for the satchel charge, from 90 to 45 a few patches ago....
28 Mar 2014, 08:39 AM

they decreased the munition cost for the satchel charge, from 90 to 45 a few patches ago....

90 is engi demo, satchel cost was always the same
28 Mar 2014, 08:39 AM

I think it was never 90 munis...More opinions?
28 Mar 2014, 08:41 AM
Donator 22

Oh really? I thought it was 90...ups my fault :/
28 Mar 2014, 08:58 AM
Donator 11

Nice change to penals, looking forward to trying out the soviets tonight :)
28 Mar 2014, 09:11 AM
Donator 33

Excellent, super stoked to have such a quick response by relic to the recent patch deployment. The game feels very different after the recent update and for me it's a step in the wrong direction, I sincerely hope we can move forward with minor tweaks like these constantly improving the game.

Cheers!
28 Mar 2014, 09:49 AM
Benefactor 3110

I think relic is on the best way to make the very best of coh2. I nj the march deployment a lot.
I like the bigger army range of Russia atm. I have to admit i tend to skip the tanks as well and go AT Guns Call in Tanks, this is probably not optimal. And i dont like full decrew of my mgs and motars with one nade. But lets wait how they develop it further, if they dont i try a strat.
Go Go Go relic you are on the right track!
28 Mar 2014, 10:28 AM

I also like the patch from 2 days ago but i have to say this. It needs more fixes then just the anounced ones. Everybody is saying that the soviets need to adapt. The problem is that the soviets where designed to play like they did and now the say that they have to adapt. But can this be done? It is like you say to FC Barcelona to play defencive (but the players are all attacking type). And also, if the patch changes are very big, why only (or most of) the soviets have to adapt? The germans don't have to or just very little.
So i thing the (most) complaints are justifed. It is not a lie to say that after the patch 99% of germans players where happy. Not because they are all pro players that wanted less RNG...

Again, i am not saying that the should get back, but please... all German players be more understanding to your opponets. I know, they are also crying (to much sometimes) but they have a point (at least this time).

Off topic: What happend to ANDYSRIPPING? He has disappeared after the big loss against Barton? Anyone knows? I think its a shame if he gave up on the game because of this (was his fault anyways :-)).
28 Mar 2014, 10:36 AM

+1 for fast and reasonable patch.

But I say it now: In 2-3 weeks the new Soviet meta will be figured out, and I already see how they are "overpowered" then :D
28 Mar 2014, 10:51 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Fantastic stuff, more awesome changes!
28 Mar 2014, 12:31 PM

The fact that germans can build bunkers and close certain areas of the map for soviets until feels unbalanced. Soviets have no option to do that. If u encoutered a bunker in early game as soviet u knew that this part of the map is at the moment lost cause there is almost nothing u could do about.

ZiS takes ages to come to bunkers, needed around 10 shots with attack ground to destroy the bunker.... and only 1 good flank to be cleared out. With Penals+Scoutcar u couldnt be that sure if u made it behind the bunker....Now u can be at least sure that shitty thing is gone.

It's about time that germans get nerfed on this bunkerism shit when soviets loose all attack momentum in last patch...

I can't agree with you. you can use 1 unit that will be the mg bunker target while another unit will be able to move through the arc of fire and get in the back position of the bunker. Bunker is only efective vs blobs or vs a single squad.

pre patch: Zis (T2) and Guards (Commander) could destroy a bunker. Now even T1 can easily destroy it. That means that every soviet choice can easily destroy MG bunker.
28 Mar 2014, 12:36 PM

Permanently Banned

I can't agree with you. you can use 1 unit that will be the mg bunker target while another unit will be able to move through the arc of fire and get in the back position of the bunker. Bunker is only efective vs blobs or vs a single squad.

pre patch: Zis (T2) and Guards (Commander) could destroy a bunker. Now even T1 can easily destroy it. That means that every soviet choice can easily destroy MG bunker.

Have to disagree with that. A single PG Squad can support the Bunker and handle every form of Infantry charging at it.
28 Mar 2014, 12:43 PM

German reasoning for bunkers is flawed. Why can one faction build bunkers and the other can't? Why must we be forced to draw a bunker's fire with two units when you don't need to at all?
28 Mar 2014, 13:02 PM
Donator 11

ahh there it is... the supposed fix patch
28 Mar 2014, 13:09 PM

If it's not too late PQ, I'd highly recommend taking a quick look at pioneers. Maybe a similar DPS reduction as penals gained would fix some very early game issues. Other than that, very much looking forward to this. Best set of patches this game has seen yet. Good work!
28 Mar 2014, 13:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 13:09 PMShazz
If it's not too late PQ, I'd highly recommend taking a quick look at pioneers. Maybe a similar DPS reduction as penals gained would fix some very early game issues. Other than that, very much looking forward to this. Best set of patches this game has seen yet. Good work!

I would agree with the slight decrease in damage for pios
28 Mar 2014, 13:58 PM
Benefactor 3110

I would agree with the slight decrease in damage for pios

i have to admit, in my last games when i saw pios i treated them like elite inf, and pulled all troops together, just in case. But everybody is bitching about pios, so it is prob. true. Still good patch and def right direction!
28 Mar 2014, 13:59 PM

I'd say they should just have their build time increased. That would keep everyone happy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Russian Federation 33
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak