Login

russian armor

after 3/25 patch: what are soviet options for winning ?

PAGES (7)down
26 Mar 2014, 14:54 PM

I think once soviet players learn to use cover and how to close distance effectively the complaints will die down. Up until now they could just run up to germans, throw a molotov or grenade, and be done with it, thats no longer an option.

thats funny, because that is what i do when i play germans.
agrens, then pgrens. close combat and slaughter. rinse repeat. it is not just a soviet issue.
26 Mar 2014, 14:55 PM
Patrion 310

Thanks for lecturing :). Though being an average player doesn't mean I am not aware of using cover. I never was under the impression to be able to just Hurrah-away and waste some germans without resistance :). And I also liked playing germans as well as soviets. But now I am kinda steamrolled over by germans when playing soviets :). Enjoy your game.
Have a nice time.
26 Mar 2014, 14:58 PM
Donator 11

Soviet players just need to learn how to play this game the way it was meant to be played. Sorry Ooooraaah molotov spam with snipers in clown cars cant win you games forever.

I really feel germans have always won on solid play but soviet won on silly gimmicks (mass molotov with lucky flame crits, ram, clowncars, counter snipe with double snipers, mines that insta wipes vetted pgrens).
26 Mar 2014, 15:01 PM

Permanently Banned
The soviet always work with spam...
26 Mar 2014, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 14:58 PMspajn
Soviet players just need to learn how to play this game the way it was meant to be played. Sorry Ooooraaah molotov spam with snipers in clown cars cant win you games forever.

I really feel germans have always won on solid play but soviet won on silly gimmicks (mass molotov with lucky flame crits, ram, clowncars, counter snipe with double snipers, mines that insta wipes vetted pgrens).

can we stop with the finger pointing and arrogant L2P comments, and give honest feedback and suggestions. besides cover, because that is a given.
26 Mar 2014, 15:06 PM

thats funny, because that is what i do when i play germans.
agrens, then pgrens. close combat and slaughter. rinse repeat. it is not just a soviet issue.

Then you're using PGrens incorrectly, close the distance to medium and stick behind cover, can't use them like shocks pre-patch without taking unnecessary casualties - even if you do win the encounter.

A-Grens were like as you say, but with the new patch you need to close the distance effectively or they get killed off before they can get close.
26 Mar 2014, 15:11 PM

Then you're using PGrens incorrectly, close the distance to medium and stick behind cover, can't use them like shocks pre-patch without taking unnecessary casualties - even if you do win the encounter.

A-Grens were like as you say, but with the new patch you need to close the distance effectively or they get killed off before they can get close.

A-grens now have sprint. Their huge close range DPS more than makes up for the little extra fire they take along the way.
26 Mar 2014, 15:17 PM
Patrion 15

ppsh spam ?

as a soviet player, what are my best units/options for winning ?
enginners - super weak
guards w/out 100 muni upgrade
con - weak until ppsh
shock - ok (but to costly)
maxim (easily flanked and killed)

as a german player, i just need 4 pios, 4 pgren (or is there a better BO ?)

I find the M3 has been giving me a really flexible and fun early game. Also, shocks are still pretty baws, as are guards.
26 Mar 2014, 15:21 PM
Patrion 26

The patch is just fine, I played both sides and had no issues. People are still used to the old times where you could walk right into the other units face without even taking damage.... Pios excel in close quarters so cons can easily beat them at range. Cons and Grens are pretty similar. Combat engies beat pios at range thats a no brainer... They use rifles. Shocks and Pgrens are close quarters but now if I am not mistaken they also have movement penalty so you should stay still to deal maximum dps. Penals are good too ( didn't use them, but fought against them) they excel in early game but lack in late. People who complain about the game patch are not used to seeing their units die so fast because of the small mistakes they have done. Just play the game and adjust to the changes. Its always hard at the beginning with such kind of rework.

P.S: Although I agree 1 Pio should not be able to defeat a cons squad no matter the distance. It should deal significant damage to it but not utterly destroy it, but 2 pios should easily deal with 1 cons squad.
26 Mar 2014, 15:36 PM

To actually get to the OP's original question, I'll say this...

I haven't had trouble with the Soviets recently, been playing a bunch of custom matches with my friends to test patch. I get 4 cons + healing + and depending if there are MGs present, molly's (depends on the game is, but usualy ill get mollys). You really gotta micro your units around and send them on flanks, occupy houses where you can, disrupt disrupt disrupt. I havent tried T1 yet since i been having fun with t2 but ill get an MG and at gun. Tanks seems to come around the 13-15 minute mark now from what ive seen from my games and from streams.

Its all about cover now guys. Its great! Dont forget, "hit the dirt" is a real strong ability now. And some doctrines that seemed useless before may become of use now (urban warfare doctrine with its bonus for infantry and small at guns that stop german scout car rushes!)
26 Mar 2014, 15:40 PM

To actually get to the OP's original question, I'll say this...

I haven't had trouble with the Soviets recently, been playing a bunch of custom matches with my friends to test patch. I get 4 cons + healing + and depending if there are MGs present, molly's (depends on the game is, but usualy ill get mollys). You really gotta micro your units around and send them on flanks, occupy houses where you can, disrupt disrupt disrupt. I havent tried T1 yet since i been having fun with t2 but ill get an MG and at gun. Tanks seems to come around the 13-15 minute mark now from what ive seen from my games and from streams.

Its all about cover now guys. Its great! Dont forget, "hit the dirt" is a real strong ability now. And some doctrines that seemed useless before may become of use now (urban warfare doctrine with its bonus for infantry and small at guns that stop german scout car rushes!)

there sov players. listen to this. it will help you alot.
26 Mar 2014, 15:48 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 14:58 PMspajn

Moltov is not that bad I mean its v easy to dodge and without it what would cons do to stand a chance against lmg grens or vet grens, or clear a house? Also lets look at the counterpart personally I find the rifle nade much more effective and lethal and it reliably wipes 3-4 models not just relying on lucky crits, with the new nade changes I expect the rnade is going to be ridiculously op if it also behaves the same way.

Ram well yes of course without ram a P4 stands a fair chance vs 2 T34’s a lot of the time and a full hp t34 can’t even kill a half health P4 a lot of the time also both of which should not be so sure fire given the only slight price difference (which now is even less/other way around?). Don’t even mention panthers or the fact that all German heavy tanks cost less and perform far better than their heavy soviet counter parts in AT (Yes AI is a little worse but not so bad and you can build nebels or ostwind to support, soviets are always getting told to ‘use combined arms aka upgraded guards, mark vehicle, button and 2 tanks just to kill a tiger or panther if it doesn’t have smoke and blitz’). Basically soviets need ram or something in place of it as their AT is so crap already panther spam is a guaranteed win if you last long enough.

Clown cars are a little lame yes but they die so easy, I mean just build one scout car in prep and it’s no problem at all, since it was so cheap if it killed one m3 it was already worth it. Personally I never had a problem with clown cars, no matter now anyway.
The balance was I thought reasonably good I still think Germans had the clear edge in the long run due to their superior units and veterancy and I never worried if I was a little behind when t3 hits as I know if I/we hold on a little more we will have the edge. If you dominate early on as Germans its already GG whereas for soviets it’s a necessity. Now it seems (although I have not played yet) Germans have the advantage early and late game with all their units been superior.

Yes you can use cover but so can Germans and their units have the range advantage which means in cover they do better as they will easily kill units that try to approach or units that remain at distance even if both are in cover so you can’t just say L2P green cover as what if your opponent is also very tactically minded? Germans can use cover too what then? Flank oh wait MG or super pios/pg’s, try from range oh wait the rapid fire pinpoint German mortar or new SC flank, save for tanks oh wait it costs way too much now. Ok, desperate now let’s try the SC cheese with flame oh wait it dies to a pioneer squad!?! When guards will now struggle against a SC and can only ensure a kill for 150muns……

I may change my opinion after actually playing but atm I don’t see how L2P green cover answers any questions.
26 Mar 2014, 15:50 PM

One big problem I encounter now is Germans playing:

Gren with LMG/G43
Bunkers
Mortars
Pzgens with Pzshrek
Rocket launcher
Game over, no way to get trough.

They are not even getting any armor or AT guns anymore lol. Just pz grens with shrek all over the place
26 Mar 2014, 16:02 PM

I will say this... Playing a German with the TA doctrine is tough. With the vetted units now receiving accuracy bonuses it can really hurt your soviet game. I think maybe another small nerf to TA is in order now. Not to the Tiger Ace itself, but the ability to vet. Longer cooldowns? More expensive? That vetted unit the german has is gold now, pure gold.
26 Mar 2014, 16:08 PM

Stop pissing the guys of with your damn Cover. i dont think that this players are so stupid and staying in on the street with their units, while Grens or Pgrens killing them. This cover is just a option to hold your cons, Penals for a longer time in fight, but at least they will die too.
look: if i stay in green cover and trying to shoot at grens which are stay at long range ill lose.
if i trying to urrahhh them and throwing a molotow, grens will dodge and killing my units too, cause im out of cover.
i have always to use 2 soviet units to kill 1 wehrmacht unit Wowwww!!! Good Job for your foolish arguments about Cover.
Next time just do few games with Soviets against Players who arent so stupid and staying in molotov Fire.

btw After Patch:
Early Game: German Infantry rocks everything (not only Pioneers)
Mid Game: Cant get enough fuel for Soviet t3/t4 and the only nice option is to get Paks to destroy scout Cars which doing more dmg now too
Late Game: German Tanks will come to kill you and your best option is to spam Paks or dying like a nasty Pig with 1 su85/t34/76
26 Mar 2014, 16:24 PM
Patrion 26

Stop pissing the guys of with your damn Cover. i dont think that this players are so stupid and staying in on the street with their units, while Grens or Pgrens killing them. This cover is just a option to hold your cons, Penals for a longer time in fight, but at least they will die too.
look: if i stay in green cover and trying to shoot at grens which are stay at long range ill lose.

Show us one replay where vanilla grens out of cover won against vanilla cons/penals in green cover. I call it either BS because you are butthurt or the cons/penals didn`t had the green cover directly in between them and the grens.
26 Mar 2014, 16:25 PM

I have yet to play online, but in my short test against the computer the Ost army feels much stronger. I will see how it plays today.

I suspect that Pio's deserve a slight damage decrease, and will have more to say when I play against players today.

Infantry do die extremely quickly now. It is good, if you make a mistake you are punished.
26 Mar 2014, 16:28 PM

can we stop with the finger pointing and arrogant L2P comments, and give honest feedback and suggestions.

+1
This website should hire some moderators. Very few posts ends up being gamerelated. Not the place to go to when you need help with your gameplay.
26 Mar 2014, 16:41 PM

It's so nice to see that tottaly"unbiased" players with names like SS,Wulf and PanzerViking(sound a little german) are giving so much helpful and nice feedback like "L2P noob" and so on...
26 Mar 2014, 17:06 PM

I used to use AurgelWolf, someone had taken the name in an MMO I tried to register it with, so I changed it to wulf. No German motivation at all.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 82
United States 13
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L