Login

russian armor

How to deal with this soviet strat

22 Mar 2014, 18:04 PM

I'm wondering if this is somekinf of new fashion strat since I've faced it twice in a row now. Basically you spam maxims early on then get a couple of conscripts and AT guns. I saw this being used in combination with soviet industry and shock rifle frontline tactics - I don't know which is more painful to deal with.

With soviet industry you obviously run into problems when you counter the maxim spam with the FHT and your opponent gets a T-70 a couple of minutes later.
With shock rifle frontline tactics the maxim spam is supported by a shock squad preventing you to cap 1 VP and the other maxims + at guns and tanks cover the rest VPs and hold ground until IS-2 comes.

This is super hard to deal with since you can't hold much ground before you get the FHT on the field and by then you are pretty far behind in fuel and the T-70 is going to hit the field very soon.

This strat also abuses the fact that the flamer HT is so weak that it takes significant damage from small arms fire and you need to constantly repair it and be very cautious because of the AT guns so you can't really use it very effectively.

I tried to counter the maxim spam with double mortars + FHT but didnt have much success.
23 Mar 2014, 21:50 PM

Well when I encounter the maxim spam style, by this I mean instant tier 2 with 1 or no conscript into 3 to 4 maxims I like to rush for scout car because it comes earlier then the FHT.

The scout car at close range can take out those maxim crews fast and with the turret you can runs circles around them plus its expendable losing it doesn't have the same impact as losing a FHT.

Again this is only reliable if there is no form of AT on the field, if no conscripts are spotted or if you see 1 conscript squad using molotv and maxim spam, no way soviet can have fuel for at nade or mp for a field gun any time soon, that's your scout car window, try to use it on isolated squads, most of the times the soviets spread the maxim to hold more ground, but if the army is all together just cap around the map.

From there if you are expecting early T-70 or T-34 get pgrens with shreks and a pack or against shock troops I find that snipers work well in supporting pgrens, sure you have to be careful if the shocks go after your sniper, but with pgrens chasing and not taking fire and sniper getting at least 2 shots of before having to retreat suddenly the shocks are not that much of a threat
23 Mar 2014, 22:58 PM

What about snipers and mortars?
24 Mar 2014, 04:50 AM

From what you say, it is team game, right?

For my experience, the best way is Assgren doctrine + Luftwaffe supply doctrine. The assgren guy try his best to push away anyone from fuel, and the Luft guy support them with MG42, assgren guy can rape the maxim and put down bunkers on fuel or cutoff, and the Luft guy keeping the assgren healthy and asskicking by dropping medical supply.

Assgren guy continue to flood the field with T2 units like FHT, PG, Pak and wait for Tiger. Luft guy get some fuel drop and fast T3, if they do it right, they can counter the shocks and fast T70/Quad well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★