Login

russian armor

So... tank traps

24 Feb 2014, 16:48 PM

So I recently used the Soviet defensive commander for laughs in a 1v1 surprisingly the call ins doesn't seem so uber bad at 2cp somehow...

Anyways so tank traps, they don't work, at all. At least on the soviet side tanks just clip right through them. Not sure about the German side I'll try that when I get home later, unless someone else can confirm.
24 Feb 2014, 19:09 PM

I haven´t used tank traps that much on either side. I do know though that in CoH1 heavy tanks like the Panther, Tiger, Pershing had "heavy crush", which allowed them to roll over tank traps. I wouldn´t be surprised if that also applied to Tigers and IS2s in CoH2.

Also I´ve seen tank traps go down rather fast by attacking them with the tanks main gun. So they are probably meant to be just some delaying device for tanks.
24 Feb 2014, 19:22 PM

Nah man, they were just driving right through them like t34 phantom variant.
24 Feb 2014, 21:42 PM

They kind of work, but they're badly implemented. As you mentioned, vehicles can sometimes slip through them, so you have to double up and lay down interlocking rows. The fact that you can just shoot and kill them, instead of needing an engineer to dismantle them limits their use to delaying tanks.

I used the german defense doc a fair bit, the soviet one is worthless IMO, and had some good use of the traps. They're really nice when the enemy needs to push deep to take a position (ie push tanks in to take out support). The delay caused by traps can by time for a extra couple pak43 shots.

If the traps had a faster build time they'd be a lot more useful. Most of the time your engineers are better off doing something else.
24 Feb 2014, 22:11 PM

They were implemented horribly. They are a doctrinal ability now and should be effective as such, stronger even then in Vcoh. Heavy crush shouldn't destroy them and they should have relatively high health as to not be destroyed easily, but should be clearable by pios and engis with the mine sweeper upgrades like barbed wire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 64
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment