Login

russian armor

Soviet iindustry early game

18 Feb 2014, 21:37 PM

• I have recently bought this commander and it is great, but my early gmae sucks. I can't quite understand what should I do at my early game when I choose him. It takes me time to save the fuel needed for t3 or t4 but I also dont want to waste my men power as it grows slower. Any suggestions on this topic ?
18 Feb 2014, 21:51 PM

I'd build 2 maxims, their reinforcement is cheap, 2 conscripts and additional engineer squad(with flamer). Then t70 xD and set mines
19 Feb 2014, 18:48 PM

• I have recently bought this commander and it is great, but my early gmae sucks. I can't quite understand what should I do at my early game when I choose him. It takes me time to save the fuel needed for t3 or t4 but I also dont want to waste my men power as it grows slower. Any suggestions on this topic ?

There are 2 ways I approach my opening with this commander.

#1 The safe way to play it is to open with a standard build. Building a couple of 2-3 conscripts and a 2nd eng. squad. Keep in mind if you lose a conscript squad its not that bad and in fact can be helpful since that would reduce your pop cap and keep your manpower up when you select the commander. at this point the first upgrade i go for is the Medic upgrade to keep your infantry alive. I avoid the Molotov, and AT nade to save fuel. as soon as I have enough for the T1 or 2 building I buy it but usually don’t use anything from it. Maybe a Maxim since it reinforces cheep. Then go T3, maybe T4. Only after building the tier 3 or 4 building do i select the commander. That way when your income shifts to fuel it’s at a point when you are building tanks and not building a huge stockpile of fuel in the early game that you won’t be able to use. Remember to build the repair stations ( 1 to start out but you should be up to 3 by the late game) and the 2 engineers should be putting mines everywhere. Especially at choke points leading to your repair stations.

#2 In a large team game 2v2 3v3 and 4v4, I will sometimes go for the sniper opening. Begin by building tier 1, and then start building my first sniper. while the sniper is building i send out the eng to take some points but hold him back a little until the snipeer is there to support him. Then as soon as I have the manpower i'll build another. Remember the best way to use this tactic is to use the 2 snipers and the eng as one unit. the eng goes out front, the 2 snipers follow behind and take shots at whomever is shooting at the eng. as soon as they start ignoring the eng and running after the sniper displace the snipers. I like to split them up forcing the attackers to focus on 1 while the other continues to shoot at them and bleed their manpower. if it looks like they are taking any kind of damage i retreat them immediately to preserve the 2 man squad. (90 manpower is alot to replace one guy in the early game) next i research the medic upgrade to keep those snipers healthy. I then consider building another sniper, or an eng squad. at this point you should also be able to build a tier 3 or 4 building, and as soon as you do that select the commander. This early build is high risk and high reward if done right. is does require allot of micro of the snipers but by only having 2 snipers it makes it much more manageable. you will find yourself retreating allot with this build but it does force the enemy to do 2 things. it forces them to use 2-3 units to chase down the snipers, units that won’t be capping, also the natural counter to snipers is the scout car, knowing that you can plan on how to counter it, usually by building a t70 as soon as your tier 3 building is finished or if needed skip this commander and select one with guards (alway be flexible). Oh and place alot of mines. you will find that you tend to build up alot of munitions when your primary fighting force is tanks.

the key here is not to select this commander until you have the inf units you will need for the game. This is especially true now after the patch since you don’t eve benefit from this commander until you have 2 points.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★