Login

russian armor

Which way do you move the map around?

15 Mar 2014, 00:02 AM

I usually move the screen with my mouse and click on the minimap to quickly jump to certain units or situations. I find it faster and more intuitive than the Tac - Map (which i pretty much never use). I also assign hotkeys to units. For example, numbers 1 - 4 are mainline inf units like Grens, Scripts or Guards. 5 is usually for the 5th inf unit (if i get one, i usually stick to 4 mainline units) or for Snipers. I can micro my sniper way easier when i know that i can access him by just pressing or double - pressing 5. MG's always get the number 6 and pios happen to get 7.

I cant imagine playing without these numbers now. I find that hotkeys can help to avoid doing unnecessary mouse work thus giving you more time to micro your units + its faster (for me atleast).
3 Apr 2014, 09:59 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2014, 14:41 PMiond
I used to use arrow keys, but that was very impractical because of distance from hotkeys and bumping around with mouse was weird for me.
So I copied/modified some Autohotkey snippets and now I use WSAD + clicking on minimap for moving around and Shift + WSAD to access underlying hotkeys (the new grid ones).
It's quite awesome and I recommend to try it.. (I can post my version if anyone is interested..)

PLEASE post how to change the hot keys. This is a continous problem. There used to be an "bridgerS" hot key guide for COH1. I don't know if anyone has that or if it works with COH2.

But hopefully RELIC will maybe listen to add this support. Espc. since default hotkeys are not laid out great. would be good for new players to be done by JUNE!
3 Apr 2014, 12:07 PM

do remember that you can turn off the classic hotkeys in the settings which will change them to a grid setup that matches the build display.

Top row: q,w,e,r
Mid row: a,s,d,f
bot row: z,x,c,v

Other wise I move with the mouse on the mini-map.
3 Apr 2014, 13:08 PM
Donator 11

Arrow keys on WASD
Tactical map on Middle mouse button (which i use quite frequently to observe the general battlefield panorama)

Attack (A) goes on Q
Stop (S) goes on F

Control groups from 1-6 (for other games i reserved 7890 for lesser buildings)
1-3 on early game is snipers, mgs, scoutcars and then evolves into tanks/snipers
4/6 goes for mortars/artyllery
5 goes for Pios/CE

I would love being able to move all abilities to <ZXCY

What did you use to modify these? autohotkey?
4 Apr 2014, 13:58 PM

PLEASE post how to change the hot keys. This is a continous problem. There used to be an "bridgerS" hot key guide for COH1. I don't know if anyone has that or if it works with COH2.

But hopefully RELIC will maybe listen to add this support. Espc. since default hotkeys are not laid out great. would be good for new players to be done by JUNE!

With autohotkey you can simply write
Code

key::otherkey
or
key::Send, {otherkey}

and it will send otherkey whenever you press key. You can use modifiers as Ctrl or Shift too..
Autohotkey can do many more things, but you can customize your layout with only a few basics..
You can take a look at my simple creation below.

4 Apr 2014, 19:31 PM

Permanently Banned
reading these post... i feel pretty stupid because using vanilia settings but still have average 60-7 CPM :D
26 Aug 2014, 16:56 PM

I would never use arrow keys myself. To move around the map i use the middle scroll button, idle infantry unit, tactical map and hotkeys.

How do you make the middle scroll button to move north and south instead of focusing down? I tried programming my mouse but cant get rid of the focusthingy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★