Login

russian armor

How to nerf RNG gods

10 Jan 2014, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 04:43 AMatwar

wtf man is not hard to think like a normal human, what i proposed is a REWORK not a buff to ram, to make it only stun 8(it can be any number) seconds to both tanks
after that, obviously, both tanks remain fully operational. Everybody gets the idea except you

Awful idea. Did I understand you right? Eight seconds stun on both tanks and then both tanks are fully operational? Wow.
Don't you think that a tiger or panther that got rammed will two shot a T34 at point blank range??? T34 will have zero chance to escape, and that would be a guaranteed waste.

Anyway, I think that all five ideas are aimed to nerf soviets even more. It is not going to work towards balance. I do agree however that soviets mines on ice must be visible.

And just to agrevate all of the German fanboys even more, let me tell you something.

During one match, my vanilla engie squad bumped into a Tiger that was slightly damaged. Two pio squads were trying to repair it in a prompt manner. My engie opened fire and the very first bullet hit one of the pios flame thrower... Boom!!! Huge explosion and Tiger slowly pulled under the ice....My engie squad got instant vet3and ran away to base.

You guys will start screaming and cursing RNG and blah blah blah and propose another soviet nerf... like "Well, combat engineers are here to build, why do they carry Mosin rifles anyway????" (lol)

Let me break it down for you.

1. You all know that flamers will explode on hit and the explosion will kill the whole squad,don't you? It happened to me many times, and this is one of the reasons why I never upgrade my engies. Well, why would you have your pios stand in front of the tank??? Place them BEHIND so they are in cover and the vehicle will swallow all the bullets.

2. Why would you leave your tank on ice and totally unprotected? Of course, it will get sinked in matter of seconds.

This was entirely tactical mistake not RNG, yes I got a lucky shot but still.

You know how many times I got my engies killed with a single bullet while they were planting mines?
Once I've lost both of my vet SU85 to two shots because they were left unattended on ice.
Once I've lost my super expensive ISU152 to a bombing run because, again, it was on ice.

I didn't start yelling RNG RNG RNG!!!! I didn't start screaming that Stuka and Pak must be nerfed because they one shoted my tanks.

I've learned my lesson, I analyzed my mistakes and I play in different way now. I never ever go with my tanks on ice, not until I send infantry across the river to make sure there is no AT ambush on other side. And every time I see enemy approaching my engies while planting mines, I cancel mine and move them away until the threat
is gone.

Those were just a couple of examples.

My message is that what you call RNG is in most cases result of your tactical errors, lack of experience, lack of attention or just simple stupidity.

I hope none of you got offended and I would like to apologize for my tone.
Good luck and remember this is just the game!
10 Jan 2014, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 18:50 PMtokarev

Don't you think that a tiger or panther that got rammed will two shot a T34 at point blank range???

2 shot? nothing but a tiger ace, elefant or pak43 can do that.. so no i dont think that would happen.

Anyway, I think that all five ideas are aimed to nerf soviets even more. It is not going to work towards balance.

molotov and ram are obviously changes aimed at soviets. i didnt realize ice was a soviet thing.

This was entirely tactical mistake not RNG, yes I got a lucky shot but still.

this was a tactical mistake that got punished because of RNG.

Once I've lost my super expensive ISU152 to a bombing run because, again, it was on ice.

I didn't start yelling RNG RNG RNG!!!!

THIS is entirely a tactical mistake. go test it as many times as you want. your tank will sink 100% of the time when it gets bombed. thats why its not RNG. then try sinking a tiger by blowing up a flamer with a CE. see how often it happens. those are some really bad examples.
10 Jan 2014, 19:22 PM

T34 dies to two shots after RAM, or you personally ram tigers with full health tanks? What a waste. I go for a ram when I realize that I'm losing this engagement, when I see that t34 is under half of hp and its obvious that I will lose the tank anyway.

Of course it will go down in two shots.

And if you ram with full hp T34 that could be more efficiently used somewhere else, then I don't know what to say..... just take off that "Stategist" badge off your name, will ya?

You are just confusing the beginners.
10 Jan 2014, 19:31 PM

were talking about a hypothetical situation where you dont lose your gun/engine when you ram, remember? you want to let your tank almost die before you stun the tiger? or would it be smarter to stun the tiger to prevent it from shooting?

if were talking about ram the way it is now and you ram with less than half hp, it would die in 1 shot if it survives the ram. youd have to ram at more than 50% hp to die in 2 shots. i think you might be confusing yourself
10 Jan 2014, 19:45 PM

Don't you think that a tiger or panther that got rammed will two shot a T34 at point blank range??? T34 will have zero chance to escape, and that would be a guaranteed waste.

I think I'd rather see combined arms play. A T34 ramming a tiger or panther so that supporting units can bring it down while it's vulnerable. That's the kind of gameplay that feels rewarding, not praying for a ~40% chance of crit.

I think a lone T34 ramming a Tiger or Panther should serve only or mostly to give you time to bring the rest of your army over there to support the engagement.

10 Jan 2014, 20:38 PM

Whatever guys, my message was that you have to look at your own mistakes first before you bring in this mysterious word - RNG. And I'm done with this topic because its just another whining about Soviets ocasionally winning the game.
11 Jan 2014, 00:04 AM

and the gods of RNG says: cover your sniper... ok

http://9gag.com/gag/axN3bv1

16 Jan 2014, 22:55 PM

Permanently Banned
and the gods of RNG says: cover your sniper... ok

http://9gag.com/gag/axN3bv1

No need much cover in the game i think, i use but the majority enemy dont, and still running in open space, no problem... And half of the time the good cover turn a problem, because of molotovs, need for speed style, etc...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★