Login

russian armor

TIRED OF THESE STINKING MAP THIEVES!!!

19 Dec 2013, 23:02 PM

reposting this here from my post on Steam...

Seriously, what's up with alllll these idiots posting maps me & my buddy deadkenny's busted our butt to convert? It's getting ridiculous to where I don't want to continue to do it. All these duplicates will only cause confusion. I'm not creating original content, but converting from COH 1, but still it's a LOT of work. Is there a better way than flagging it? This is really sucking. I mean, the slogan up there at top of the COH2 workshop... "The War continues with YOUR map"...to me includes these conversions & it sure sounds nice in theory but wow... people are lame.
19 Dec 2013, 23:07 PM

Well it doesn't necessarily mean that people actually had the intent to steal your maps, they just probably published everything they had in their folder including your maps..
19 Dec 2013, 23:19 PM

If what Lutzow says is the reason for the current situation, then hopefully it should solve itself once people use the workshop exclusively to download custom maps and don't get them from e.g. coh2.org.
19 Dec 2013, 23:51 PM

I don't think they are trying to really take credit for them per se, like creative work or something because they even leave our descriptions with our signatures... but posting them regardless of reason is a colossal goof. But I mean if a person knows how to browse the workshop, subscribe to maps, even just to play this complicated game, etc... can't they see after going in to the workshop that on each of the files they would have to independently publish each one? One dude even thanked someones compliment on the map. To me it's "well I'll just publish em to make sure everyone can get it" which may have some sort of good intention it's only making things a pain.
20 Dec 2013, 03:35 AM

This is true. You have to actually make an effort to publish something, and if you want to share it with your friends, its easier to just give them the name and the number of players than to go through the trouble of publishing the map. Both Commune 225s got published by some dude. Flagged/reported and left comments on the page. Still annoying as hell because that's 300 subscriptions that the real file doesnt have. Sure, its not like its a competition, but as a person who puts a lot of effort and energy into a map, its still nice to see those numbers as a token of appreciation for your energies. When people sap them its a bummer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★