Login

russian armor

Soviet Industry...

• This thread is locked
16 Dec 2013, 16:28 PM

I am not sure how well SI functions in 1v1, but it is still badly broken in 3v3 and 4v4 maps. I understand that we are not trying to balance the game around 3v3 and 4v4, but we should not make it a dumping ground for OP commanders.

Problem: SI's greatest weakness in smaller maps is the lack of early map control, but this is largely negated in larger maps where the same number or only slightly more points are present. A teammate will easily pick up the slack and cap any points an SI player cannot get to. Large maps also play well into SI because it discourages infantry use, and punishes AT guns by making them take a long time to walk to their target. Tanks can move rapidly, hitting soft points and easily win back map control. Finally, there is little risk here for the SI player. Even if a tank is lost they often did much damage and their teammates can pick up the slack while they continue to build tanks.

Solution:
1) Industry fuel could be tied to points on the map. Industry would boost fuel income from points captured, not give it to you because comrade Stalin is feeling generous. This would encourage players to play well and take points, but would also allow Ost players a way to counter the fuel income.

2) Alert players they are going against SI. Right now in team games it can be incredibly hard to guess you are about to see an early T34. If you build a pak and an early T34 does not appear you lose map control to conscripts. Ost players need a way to know, with some distinct sign that there will be an early tank push. I suggest highlighting all fuel points like they are occupied by Opel Blitzs.

3) SI encourages camping with repair stations. Repair stations should count towards total pop to reduce them being spammed.

4) There needs to be a clear weakness for picking SI in larger team games, as it stands right now there is none. I would be interested in people's opinion about how to fix this. T34's are too difficult to counter with just Pak 40's and PG's or Grens. They are too inconsistent and protect too small an area. The SI player can also choose to ignore them all and attack deep behind the lines destroying ops, and taking out reinforcements.

I am tired to playing against SI, it encourages all of the worst pieces of COH, including ignoring map control, spamming a single unit, ignoring unit preservation, and in the late game camping around repair stations with artillery (KV-2). I don't mind making this doctrine unique, but it is still badly in need of a rework.

Also before biased against Soviets, Elite is also badly in need of a rework, I just have not played against it enough to come up with good ideas.

TLDR: 1) Income should be tied to map, 2) Give players warning SI is being used, 3) Repair stations should count towards total pop, 4) still needs a nerf of some kind.
16 Dec 2013, 16:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge

1) Industry fuel could be tied to points on the map.

I'm pretty sure this is how it already works, except it boosts income by some ridiculous amount so that as long as you hold one or two standard points you get more than enough fuel for armor spam.

Why not move the fuel-increase ability to 6 or 7 CPs as people have suggested before? That way you don't get early armor rushes and the 'flavour' of the commander still remains.

16 Dec 2013, 18:23 PM

Please try and contribute to the thread already running. Thanks.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/11451/soviet-industry-needs-to-be-nerfed./page/5
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS