Login

russian armor

CP changes

11 Dec 2013, 09:50 AM

I don't think shocks coming a little earlier is too bad , because they are expensive and most people called them a little later anyway. There's no huge need to call them before you have 4 cons with molotovs.

They will be nice against assault grens now though.

Exactly, I just had a game where his FHT arrived just a few secs after my shocks hit the field (went 3xcon, lolotov, con).

11 Dec 2013, 13:39 PM

I don't think shocks coming a little earlier is too bad , because they are expensive and most people called them a little later anyway. There's no huge need to call them before you have 4 cons with molotovs.

They will be nice against assault grens now though.

It seems that penal troops are going back to their closet again now that shocks can be deployed earlier. :(
11 Dec 2013, 13:58 PM

I really like penals with guard doctrines, gives a good boost to AI.

I've been using 2 con, 2 penal, 2 guard quite a lot. Don't bother getting molos. Use cons to reinforce penals where you can.
11 Dec 2013, 14:15 PM

Use cons to reinforce penals where you can.

Zombi penals is the best strategy ever. :)
I love how fast you can vet them if you keep them in cover fighting while reinforcing continuously by cons.
11 Dec 2013, 14:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

G43s are "still" 2 CPs, which actually means that they come earlier now because of the increased rate of CP gain. Yay, G43s!
11 Dec 2013, 14:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Oh, Trench and Tank Traps are both 2 CP for the Ostheer Defensive Commander. Don't know if that's unexpected, but there it is.
11 Dec 2013, 15:22 PM

Also T34/85s are now 7 CP so they come out a tad earlier. 120mm mortar is 1 CP. Good changes!
11 Dec 2013, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 03:15 AMlink0
Is there a list of all the CP changes? It's not in the patch notes.

In the notes it says:

"Command Point System Overhaul:

Command Points are now earned at twice the rate as before
Commander abilities have had their Command Point requirement doubled"
11 Dec 2013, 16:15 PM

34/85s at 7?! Oh ouch i am going to enjoy that.
11 Dec 2013, 16:28 PM

I think some of them need some fine tuning. Some were basically moved from old 2 to new 2, when the new 2 is basically an old 1. By their logic, an old 2 should be at 3-5 pts in the new system.

But I think currently it may be a minor thing. However, I hope that they will reevaluate all the CP placements in a future patch. Some of them really don't feel placed very well.
11 Dec 2013, 17:00 PM

ppsh got nerfed though

Exact post

"wooof: cons used to use the singleplayer version, now they use the multiplayer version (the one shocks have used this whole time). the old one was much stronger and way underpriced."

Yes, well, I don't even have a clue what the sp ppsh stats were like so I've always just assumed they had the same stuff as shocks and thought the upgrade was hopelessly underpriced even with those (even if in reality it was even more powerful than that).

Whichever version of the ppsh they have, that 20 munition upgrade still makes them win against grenadiers that don't have a weapon upgrade 100% of the time.
11 Dec 2013, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 17:00 PMCruzz

Yes, well, I don't even have a clue what the sp ppsh stats were like so I've always just assumed they had the same stuff as shocks and thought the upgrade was hopelessly underpriced even with those (even if in reality it was even more powerful than that).

Whichever version of the ppsh they have, that 20 munition upgrade still makes them win against grenadiers that don't have a weapon upgrade 100% of the time.

i put the dps numbers here
11 Dec 2013, 18:08 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 17:00 PMCruzz

I thought that was the point of upgrading to ppsh.... To get a small advantage against infantry.
11 Dec 2013, 18:09 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 17:04 PMwooof

i put the dps numbers here

woof is it true that PGrens have no dps reduction over distance? Or is it smaller compared to other units?
11 Dec 2013, 18:17 PM

Permanently Banned

woof is it true that PGrens have no dps reduction over distance? Or is it smaller compared to other units?

Im not Wooof, but for what its worth, heres my answer, and Im sure he will show up to correct me.

Units dont have reduced raw DPS over distance. The bullets all do the same dmg when they hit, no matter what the range is.
They do, however, have reduced accuracy at longer distances, which results in a lower effective DPS, because less of those bullets actually hit at those ranges.

For the calculated raw DPS vs distance/accuracy stats, you can see them here for PGrens:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc#gid=0

So for PGrens, its 11.3 from right in their face, to 1.64 at their max range, per PGren.

What PGrens do have, however, is no accuracy reduction while MOVING.
So that no matter what the range, even when moving, their accuracy is the same as standing still, at those ranges, whereas most other units will suffer an additional penalty to the DPS that is listed on that spreadsheet, when moving.

Sorry for interjecting, I dont mean to replace Wooofs answer, just trying to help till he shows up. Hopefully I wasnt assbackwards wrong.
11 Dec 2013, 18:22 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 18:17 PMNullist

Im not Wooof, but for what its worth, heres my answer, and Im sure he will show up to correct me.

Generally units dont have reduced raw DPS over distance (except maybe MG42).
They do, however, have reduced accuracy at longer distances, which results in a lower effective DPS.

For the calculated raw DPS vs distance/accuracy stats, you can see them here for PGrens:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc#gid=0

So for PGrens, its 11.3 from right in their face, to 1.64 at their max range, per PGren.

What PGrens do have, however, is no accuracy reduction while MOVING.
So that no matter what the range, even when moving, their accuracy is the same as standing still, at those ranges, whereas most other units will suffer an additional penalty to the DPS that is listed on that spreadsheet, when moving.

Sorry for interjecting, I dont mean to replace Wooofs answer, just trying to help till he shows up. Hopefully I wasnt assbackwards wrong.

So I guess the spread sheet is per model?
11 Dec 2013, 18:24 PM

Permanently Banned

So I guess the spread sheet is per model?

Thats right. Those are individual weapon rates. Multiply them by however many there are of them in a unit for the units total optimal DPS with all guns firing. Also, I recommend using specifically the "DPS including reload" bracket, since on many weapons the reload/burst durations and all manner of small integral stats, are combined into one final figure that best represents actual DPS output. Thats why they have the "Final Numbers" header right at the top of the spreadsheet (which I only noticed now btw).

I also made a few ninja edits. Sorry, but I often keep coming up with stuff even after I posted.
11 Dec 2013, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 18:17 PMNullist

nothing to correct. you nailed it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS