Login

russian armor

(4 - 6) Lionskaya

rix
9 Dec 2013, 23:09 PM

First of all: Thank you for the generous feedback. I will work on your suggestions, they sound pretty valid to me :D

Minimap done by photoshop (if you have time).

Done!
10 Dec 2013, 00:19 AM

Great map for 2v2 fights.
10 Dec 2013, 10:26 AM

10 Dec 2013, 13:15 PM

Hi rix, I've been playing with my brother and we see acouple of things:
-Some vehicles like Halftracks are unable to cross bottom bridge(after been repaired). I have no time to repair the upper one to check if the issue was only with the bottom or is a common issue with the repaired bridges. I don't know if was because of some debris or the unit get stuck in that game. I will continue checking this.
-After the big river wall being damaged, some units can descend to the river in a weird glitch. It happens with enemy infantry units, my units and an enemy tank(T34).(*Edit: when the river is frozen)

Map looks fantastic, we have a great fun.
rix
10 Dec 2013, 22:41 PM

First of all, thank you for your kind contributions. Those thoughts and bug reports made me really happy and I am glad to announce version 0.8.0 (as promised earlier) with all your suggestions implemented. (Except the "change resources/basic map layout ones)

Click me for the latest version and the changelog, etc.
rix
11 Dec 2013, 05:42 AM
14 Dec 2013, 10:56 AM

Again I said BRAVO for the map. Any chance to make one with blizzard and one summer version?

A question that is not about your map. The other day you mention on steam that there is an Vire River Valley map for COH2 in our forums but I cant find it. Can you give me a clue?
I really appreciate your effort making this excellent map for us. Thanks.
14 Dec 2013, 18:23 PM
rix
15 Dec 2013, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2013, 10:56 AMpeterla
Again I said BRAVO for the map. Any chance to make one with blizzard and one summer version?

A question that is not about your map. The other day you mention on steam that there is an Vire River Valley map for COH2 in our forums but I cant find it. Can you give me a clue?
I really appreciate your effort making this excellent map for us. Thanks.

Hm. It must've been removed. I'll see what I can do about it.

@Lund: That units cant go through each other is the case by game design, move the first tanks out of the way, all others should be able to pass afterwards.
16 Dec 2013, 01:58 AM

Cant do bro, it was CPU game... this happens very often..maybe make bridge little wider...
16 Dec 2013, 07:23 AM

Hey rix, congrats on the recent popularity of your map. A lot of love clearly went into making it, and I'm glad it's paying off. Hope it continues into the future.

P.S. the last time I played it, it didn't have blizzards activated. Have you done it yet? Are you going to? I loves me some blizzards.

Regardless, good effing work!
rix
18 Dec 2013, 16:34 PM

@Lund. The idea behind chokepoints is, that you cant move in all your forces at once. So this is not an issue. Its map design :P

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2013, 07:23 AMRyan
Hey rix, congrats on the recent popularity of your map. A lot of love clearly went into making it, and I'm glad it's paying off. Hope it continues into the future.

P.S. the last time I played it, it didn't have blizzards activated. Have you done it yet? Are you going to? I loves me some blizzards.

Regardless, good effing work!

Working on that atm!
rix
19 Dec 2013, 13:30 PM

I am amazed by the positive feedback and the amount of subscriptions. This caused me to rush to the final version of this map (out now!). It finally contains the blizzard and the last small issues I heard about have been fixed. Please keep in mind that the bridges are chokepoints by design and thus can cause the pathfinding to come to nothing. If weapon crews (HMG/Mortars) are placed on one of the destructible bridges, vehicles incapable of running them over (Halftracks, Light Armor) will not get past them and look for another route. Also the fact that units spawn on the map (unlike in other CoH2 maps) is due to the import process of vCoH's Lyon base layout. I will not be able to change this.

In hopes that you keep on loving this map as much as I do: Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and good luck on the Battlefield!
21 Dec 2013, 07:56 AM

This needs more bridges.
rix
24 Dec 2013, 10:45 AM

This needs more bridges.

Thank you for the suggestion, but 14.500 people think otherwise.

_

Merry Christmas!
19 Apr 2014, 19:15 PM

Hi can you upload this map a file-sharing site please? Sorry for bad english
rix
24 Jun 2014, 13:01 PM

I just uploaded Version 1.0.1.3f

This fixes the issue that one bridge could not be crossed by vehicles, adjusts bases for the US Forces and solves minor graphical issues.
rix
30 Jun 2014, 16:24 PM

Version 1.1.0 Published!
-Known bugs have been fixed (Leaving Spawn as Player 2 fixed)
-Aesthetics Completely overhauled (Vegetation now represents Harsh Winter Conditions)
-High Pop Cap (300) version was published (See my Workshop/Collection for details)
rix
1 Jul 2014, 20:54 PM

Version 2.0 (another overhaul) released!
-Redid the Layout (imported previous version to new Map file)
-Spawns outside of playable area now work
-Minor visual improvements (no Pine Groves inside the city)
-More dense off-map forrests
rix
7 Jul 2014, 17:59 PM

Version 2.1
-Improved snow layout
-Redid the Ice
-Improved aesthetics once again
-Fixed minor bugs
-Aligned fire effects on destroyed cars correctly
-Turned Lights on
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10