Login

russian armor

Suggestion: Target toggle button

26 Nov 2013, 09:33 AM

I'm pulling this from one of the mega threads because I think it'll never get noticed if it stays there (and I don't think this has been suggested before??).

Give tanks and AT (possibly also other units) a target toggle button. Preferably with a key-short cut too.

The idea of the target toggle is to give the player the option of telling the unit its priority target: 'Infantry', 'Vehicle' or 'Any'.

The benefit of that ofc, is to avoid the present problem where e.g. a tank in pursuit of an enemy vehicle starts firing on the infantry it is passing.

I believe it would be better to introduce this option as a toggle instead of for example 3 different buttons.

Default should be 'Any', which means that if the user makes no choice, the unit behaviour should be as today.

This suggestion would add depth to the game play IMO. And since target priority is allready in the game, I suppose it should not be too hard to allow player control of it.

27 Nov 2013, 07:05 AM

I think Relic would've added this if they could. This has been an issue since alpha and Alpha players asked for this but Relic constantly ignores these topics.
27 Nov 2013, 08:44 AM

yes please would be nice
27 Nov 2013, 10:02 AM

I think Relic would've added this if they could. This has been an issue since alpha and Alpha players asked for this but Relic constantly ignores these topics.

Ah, OK. A shame.

Could it perhaps also be a design decision that Relic does not want the player to be able to control targeting?
27 Nov 2013, 10:16 AM

Fkning fk fk yes!

Why do good topics like this get no attention?

Answer: relic cbf actually making good implementations cause they have no plan for the future.
27 Nov 2013, 14:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

+1. I'd also be happy if AT guns just straight up didn't shoot at infantry.

Could it perhaps also be a design decision that Relic does not want the player to be able to control targeting?

I doubt that. Controlling targeting is something that is much improved in COH2 over COH1. It used to be that vehicles would "forget" what target you assigned them the moment they got a move order. Now, they remember after you've given them a move order, which is obviously much less of a headache.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★