Login

russian armor

THQ is Bankrupt for Real This Time

PAGES (16)down
22 Jan 2013, 20:31 PM

the "original source" material will not indicate that on

1) January 18th South Park says it wants 2+ million
2) on Januart 21st THQ said "fuck u South Park we dont owe u anything".

making the January 22 new article i linked newsworthy

the fur is flying.

southpark was a crap game to begin with just like darksiders.
i didnt even bother in buying darksiders 2 due to bad feedback all over youtube and dlc within the first two months or so... this is EA BS.. F''' U

coh2 is going to launch because its already done. if they "cannot" keep up supporting or patching the game.. your bad. simple as that

22 Jan 2013, 22:20 PM

One month ago I was eagerly searching for leaked screenshots and a release date, now I've learnt everything about the american economy.

22 Jan 2013, 22:57 PM

Creditors get first crack at everything?

https://twitter.com/DDInvesting/status/293802752230965248
23 Jan 2013, 01:54 AM

The loss of jobs for many , could not be a relief for some .What do we pay - $100 for COH 2 - That is a amount that would be spend at a Mc Donald meal in a day .

I do believe we are as eager, as people at THQ or at Relic to know what happens , But , I presume we have to stop some where ...

Its not so much as the info that a**oys me , But , The bickering between members ...
23 Jan 2013, 02:58 AM

23 Jan 2013, 03:43 AM
Benefactor 115

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,5579/

Seems like he just takes whatever job is going, no need for alarm. I would say apply for a spot writing trash for kotaku but you're too shit to even do that.
23 Jan 2013, 08:59 AM
Caster Badge

And he was not a high level employee who worked there for long.
23 Jan 2013, 09:08 AM
23 Jan 2013, 09:24 AM
23 Jan 2013, 09:40 AM
Donator 11

^ LOL good one
23 Jan 2013, 10:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

7 more hours right? Damm I hope Relic survives, and gets bought by the right people :)
23 Jan 2013, 11:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

More rumors:

Sega in for Company of Heroes dev Relic?
Meanwhile, Vancouver based indie developer Tim Lewinson claims that Sega has acquired local studio Relic. The British Columbia games development scene has contracted in the past ten years, and Sega recently closed many of its western development operations, making such an acquisition - if true - a surprise move.

Relic developer Neil Rodway had conformed on Twitter that companies interested in acquiring the studio included EA, Ubisoft, Sega and Warner Bros.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/387805/thq-auction-rumours-ubisoft-nabs-south-park-sega-snaps-up-relic-koch-vies-for-volition/

And from the link Vio posted in the shoutbox:

http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/63674/thq-verkauf-sega-kauft-relic-koch-evolve-crytek-homefront

It's in German but from what I understood ; Relic has been sold to Sega for $26mln. In total THQ has gotten around $32mln from everything they've sold (Including Saint's Row for $5mln and Homefront for $0,5mln).

If I understood everything correctly. Clearklake wants to buy THQ completly for $60mln. BUT if the individual asset sale bring in more then their offer. THQ would be gone completly. Clearlake can then still offer more if they really want to buy THQ. Man, this whole thing is complicated as f*uck :P
23 Jan 2013, 11:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

As I understood THQ got $32mln for selling COH2 ($26mln), Homefront ($500,000) and Evolve ($5mln). We don't know yet about the rest of the games.
23 Jan 2013, 11:44 AM
Caster Badge

Apparently EA is interested in Metro. Nothing on Saints row. Though if Relic and CoH got 26 million.. I imagine Saints row will sell for quite a bit more.
23 Jan 2013, 11:58 AM

IF the numbers are correct (and thats a big if, since everything is just based on rumours), saints row would probably NOT bring in more money. reason is simple too: CoH2 is basically good to go... a little more beta testing, some minor adjustments and game can be thrown into the market and will generate cash, while the biggest part of the costs, the development, are already taken care of. if you go to the supermarket, you pay less if you buy flour, tomatoes, salami, cheese etc. than if you go to pizza hut and order a pizza. big part of it is, that the pizza (like coh2) comes pre-prepared. thats what you pay extra for.
23 Jan 2013, 12:00 PM
Donator 11

If SEGA purchased Relic, what would that mean for CoH2 future? Would the scheduled works continue as planned (with closed beta and release date set for march)? Or would they rather stop all the works and postpone the release to rethink (change) almost finished product?
23 Jan 2013, 12:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

CoH2 would be safe. The game is closed to being finished, and will bring in money. It would mean Relic can continue working on their schedule and release the beta within a few weeks. Might be a small delay on the releasedate itself because of the distribution. I read that SEGA is actually in good financial shape atm and they've done a nice job with the Total War series. It would be the best for all of us if they'd buy it.
23 Jan 2013, 12:19 PM

They introduced mini dlc in Total War wich sucks, but still, Creative Assembly is IMHO one of the best RTS devellopper ever, and did good job with their franchise. Considering the massive scale of their games and their overall quality, I assume Sega is really caring.

With CA and Relic in the same basket, it's going to be the best quality RTS publisher on the market :)
23 Jan 2013, 12:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2013, 12:19 PMcanard
With CA and Relic in the same basket, it's going to be the best quality RTS publisher on the market :)

Probably one of the reasons why they want to buy Relic ;)
23 Jan 2013, 13:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

We might aswell use this as sort of a 'live-blog' from now on :P Court Hearing starts in 30 minutes. It's looking alright for Relic/CoH atm. Several potential buyers for them.

From NeoGaf:

Franchises

Saints Row - Koch Media had highest bid, most publisher interest
Darksiders - No concrete information, some publisher interest
Red Faction - No concrete information, some publisher interest
Company of Heroes - SEGA had highest bid, EA was interested as well, rumours say SEGA already bought it
Evolve (Turtle Rock IP) - No concrete information, rumour says Koch Media bought it
Homefront - No concrete information, rumour says Crytek (who is developing the sequel) bought rights

Studios

Volition - No concrete information, will most likely be sold together with Saints Row franchise
Relic - SEGA had highest bid, rumour says they bought it
Vigil - No concrete information
THQ Montreal - No concrete information

Franchises not up for sale

Metro

Licenses not up for sale

WWE
Warhammer 40k

Fuck if I know

South Park - THQ wants to sell, Volition is apparently saying no, serious business. Rumour says Ubisoft bought publishing rights.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS