Login

russian armor

COH3 Mapping Advances

5 Feb 2024, 06:36 AM

We have all seen 1000 posts about what needs fixed in Coh3. I wanted to point out some cool new features that may have been missed by the casual observer. Todays post is about the new OBJECT RENDERING SHADER.

COH3 OBJECT SHADER
Shader: A program that runs on the GPU that can do all kinds of calculations to determine the final pixel that gets rendered.

One awesome advance in Coh3 is when map objects are rendered, the terrain under them is mixed into the resulting render. This means US MAPPERS can actually modify the way some objects look!!! WHAT!!!

Here we have a giant boulder/mountain piece.

Here the object has been lowered into the ground. And we can see that when it is rendered, the shader has picked up the reddish sand color and applied it to about a meter or so (blue dots) of the boulder. Very cool.

Here I applied a grid texture to help show the effect.

If you want to fully utilize this effect, you need to build up the terrain under the object so it is just below the objects height. Here we went nuts and made Terminator Mountain.

Other objects that have this effect are buildings, stairs, sidewalks, etc. This is one more thing that makes me say Relic started off with a grand plan. Elevation for Italy scenarios and this effect to a add dusty sandy look to things in the desert.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★