Login

russian armor

Men of War 2 - CoH Competition, or Killer?

21 May 2023, 11:27 AM

Eugen makes "Wargame", European escalation, airland battle, red dragon, both steel divisions, and their new one coming up is WARNO. I've enjoyed red dragon for what it is, and I definitely wouldn't call it SC2 paced. There can be fast micro in particular with aircraft, but other than that it's just turning weapons on/off and it's around cohs level of micro.

all BS games
21 May 2023, 16:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

all BS games

Damn can't argue with that
26 Jun 2023, 19:37 PM

There's a MoW spinoff series called Call to Arms, and while that game is a bit of a F2P/P2W mess Ostfront, it's WW2 "DLC" that's also a form of spiritual successor to Assault Squad 2 is pretty good and really reminds me of the original CoH with it's dark and grim atmosphere and feeling.

We also made a mod called MACE for it which adds additional units for Germany and soon for the Soviets as well as the US as a new faction, which they are coincidentally also adding in another DLC expansion to the game so I can recommend it to everyone here to try it out.
27 Jun 2023, 19:59 PM

There's a MoW spinoff series called Call to Arms, and while that game is a bit of a F2P/P2W mess Ostfront, it's WW2 "DLC" that's also a form of spiritual successor to Assault Squad 2 is pretty good and really reminds me of the original CoH with it's dark and grim atmosphere and feeling.

We also made a mod called MACE for it which adds additional units for Germany and soon for the Soviets as well as the US as a new faction, which they are coincidentally also adding in another DLC expansion to the game so I can recommend it to everyone here to try it out.

Coh1 never had a "grim" and "dark" feeling.

COh2 had it. Especially at launch. When everthing died to to everything in mere seconds. One mortar round? Kills half a squad. Blizzard. Kills the last guy on retreat. Vision? Zero. Katyscha and Pwerfer BArrage. Army gone.

That was dark.
28 Jun 2023, 12:59 PM

COh2 had it. Especially at launch. When everthing died to to everything in mere seconds. One mortar round? Kills half a squad. Blizzard. Kills the last guy on retreat. Vision? Zero. Katyscha and Pwerfer BArrage. Army gone.

That was dark.

No, this was -

Refer to 29:25 time mark as one example, there's also a few more during that video alone if we're to not mention the rest of the cutscenes.

The game's story telling, cinematics and graphics themselves were realistic, dark and gritty and neither CoH2 nor CoH3's cartoony by comparison visuals have anything on them. Both games are more colorful and full of sunshine, they cannot replicate the artificial dread that went through your bones the first time you played the original game.
28 Jun 2023, 18:07 PM

That was dark.

Skip to 0:29 for intro

CoH 2 maine menu had a great atmosphere apparently, before I started playing it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★