Login

russian armor

Put coh3 on hold

16 Apr 2023, 10:51 AM

So after a very long wait during the coh2 experience(i've been playing since 2013), we have endured imbalance bias and frequent dissatisfaction. None the less, our community has stayed faithful over the past 10 years, enjoying the elements that made coh2 great and ignoring the difficulties. All this time we have hoped for the game to finally reach balance, with the idea of Coh3 so distant that it didn't matter. Finally, as a big surprise coh3 was announced and it looked pretty good, there were some cool new elements and big visual improvements and we expected many more good additions during the wait until its release.
However, after this long patient wait, we are given a coh3, without a Pre-alpha stage of community testing (1 short week doesn't count), without any real opportunity for community feedback or ideas with only limited new features to the gameplay and most importantly an IMBALANCED game that has learned nothing from coh1 and coh2. So CoH3 is released expecting years of pointless patches until it finally reaches a semblance of balance? What is the point?
Furthermore, i am sure everyone hoped that CoH3 would attract many thousands of players from the RTS community, making the franchise we love stronger. Instead, the coh3 player base has hardly exceeded that of Coh2, many of whom are coh2 players who have just moved on.
So, in the months after its release CoH3 has failed to gratify the community with a fun balanced new game; has made little money (and how could it with no advertising?) and is setting the entire franchise at risk of permanent closure.

What i suggest is that the CoH3 servers are shut down for some months until the "balance team" and developers spend some time getting it right and putting it in the market as a success which will attract more players. Once they have done that, maybe they should release it in a Pre-Alpha stage to test the community's reaction to the changes? I know that it's tough for us, because we lose the 60$ we spent, but i think if it means saving the game and or the franchise it's worth it.

I also know that this post will not even be taken into account by the developers, as they don't even listen to their player-consultants (stormless, Tightrope), but maybe if enough of us see this as a good idea, something will happen.

:clap:

16 Apr 2023, 11:55 AM

It's also completely unrealistic to expect them to do that, but go off.
16 Apr 2023, 15:02 PM

Would that even be legal?

Reclassifing the game as Early Access would be far more reasonable, but still... wont happen
16 Apr 2023, 16:49 PM

Yea it is completely unrealistic to expect anything, and frankly i don't know weather it would be legal, if they labelled it under a non-permanent shutdown.

Does coh2.org even have any bearing on decisions made? If it does, the more people get involved in this discussion the better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★