Login

russian armor

Radio Intercept QoL for team games

11 Mar 2021, 07:21 AM

Radio Intercept is a prime example of those abilities where an arranged team with voice chat has a massive advantage over randoms. I mean one could type it in chat, but that quickly becomes a burden after the very early game and would most likely lead to degrading performance, especially in 4v4.

Imo, as a quality of life improvement, if one of the players has this ability unlocked, then it should be applied to all of their teammates as well, ie they can hear/read what units the enemy has built. Radio Intercept is the only 'recon' ability in the game that can't provide information to your teammates as well (without telling them).

As an alternate solution, if the ability is unlocked, then all freshly built units appear on the minimap (or perhaps even through the fog of war) for about 5-10 seconds. This could help when the event feed scrolls too quickly, leaving no time to read what unit the enemy has built (especially when it comes to okw where the radio intercept voice lines are lacking).

I wonder if any of these solutions are possible to do with the modding tools.
11 Mar 2021, 07:31 AM

I don't know. Personally I just ping the side it came from and state what it is, most people understand enough.

This is really suppose to help prepare yourself with the added benefit to help your team mates.

This isn't a qol, it's a buff as it's the players responsibility to tell their team mates. I get what your saying but it's really is your responsibility.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★