Login

russian armor

UKF infantry rework modding

24 Aug 2020, 05:13 AM

So, i have get into tho modding stuffs recently and the fist thing i come up with is a rework for UKF infantry line up.

Main points include:
- No more global bolster.
- 5th man upgrade is per squad and require reinforce to full size.
- Historical reference squad load out and up grade system on sections.
- No more moving healing section blobs.
- No smoke/arty call in on mainline
- Assault officer rework with historical reference as a support oriented unit.
- Add close range fighting capabilities for sapper.

The change is as follow:
1. Field HQ.
- Have two upgrade for research:
+ Pyrotechnic supplies: 100 mp /20 fuels.
+ Weapon rack: 100 mp / 20 fuels.
+ Bolster research is removed.
- Infantry section:
+ Cap rate change to 1 from 1.25.
+ RA = 0.85.
+ Spawn as 4 man.
+ Have 2 weapon slots.
+ Have 2 upgrade as: Riles section upgrade and Bren gun section upgrade.
+ Rifle section upgrade require pyro supplies researched and cost 25 muni. Upgrade add a captain thompson smg to the squad, allow squad to be reinforced to 5 man and use mills bombs as well as HEAT grenade. The upgrade also give 1.25 cap rate and 0.8 bonus to RA but take up all slot.
+ Bren gun section upgrade require weapon rack unlocked and cost 45 muni. Upgrade add a Bren lmg in to the squad and allow squad to be reinforced to 5 man and gain 1.5 building rate (trench, bags and caches). Upgrade take up 1 slot so squad still can pick up another Bren at the rack for the total of 2 lmg.
+ Rifle section and bren section upgrade is mutually exclude.
- Vicker MMG team and UC are unchange.
- Medic squad removed.
2. Platoon CP.
- Royal engineer:
+ Cost up to 250 and spawn as 4 man with tommy sten gun.
+ Reinforce cost to 28 mp per model.
+ Have two upgrade: Heavy engineer and assault sapper. The two are mutually exclude.
+ Heavy engineer upgrade cost 45 muni. Upgrade allow squad to be reinforced to 5 man, add a mine sweeper, double building and repair sqeed, add amour and decnstructe emplacement ability. Squad also gain 2 tommy rifles. Upgrade take up all slot.
+ Assault sapper upgrade allow the squad to be reinforced with a tommy model holding a thompson smg, use heavy gammon bomb and smoke grenade. Squad gain a 0.8 RA. Upgrade take up all slot.
- Assault officer renamed to Pltoon HQ section.
+ 4 man squad of 1 officer carry pistol and 3 tommy models carry rifles.
+ Have tommy med kit preupgrade.
+ Recon sweep require company CP to be built.
+ Can upgrade to deploy a bombardier, cost 45 muni, require weapon rack or pyro unlock. Upgrade increase squad side to 5 and add a rifle grenade launcher to the squad as well as unlock a smoke launcher ability like that of usf echelon.

Link to the mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2207769361

24 Aug 2020, 09:59 AM

Although the MOD seems to be in good direction :

smoke grenades and gammon bomb should not be allowed

"Assault" officer with rifles makes little sense and should have the name changed

Stock reckon plane should not be available

Thompson available to infantry should be avoided and could simply replaced by sten model smg. (Generally speaking Thompson should limited to elite infatry only since the do not use a SMG profile and have good mid DPS)

Having engineer units using a mix of SMGs and bolt action rifles should also be avoided since the unit performance changes allot when taking casualties.
24 Aug 2020, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2020, 09:59 AMVipper
Although the MOD seems to be in good direction :

smoke grenades and gammon bomb should not be allowed

"Assault" officer with rifles makes little sense and should have the name changed

Stock reckon plane should not be available

Thompson available to infantry should be avoided and could simply replaced by sten model smg. (Generally speaking Thompson should limited to elite infatry only since the do not use a SMG profile and have good mid DPS)

Having engineer units using a mix of SMGs and bolt action rifles should also be avoided since the unit performance changes allot when taking casualties.

The officer in my mod is nolonger an "assault" officer, as i rename him to Platoon HQ section. His load out is base on actual HQ section of a British rifle platoon of the time, which consist of 4 man with rifle and a 2 inches mortar team of man (mortar team is represented by the rifle grenade and smoke ability). He is a support oriented unit. Recon plane require company cp so it is like that of major. Still, i can replace it with some kind of flare for sniper like soviet.

About tommy thompson smg, i did use the sten model at the begining but i cant find a sten gun icon to add to the UI so i change to thompson. Due to my limitations of my modding skill, i cant make the icon of rifle section and bren section clearly distinct so i go with the thompson and bren icon.

Assault sapper is just an experimental of my own for fun purpose only along side several other thing like 2 man sinper team or 25ib emplacement. They event have a supper thompson profile. They are not meant for balance and i wont suggest them into the live game. If anything, for serious, i will make a version of assault sapper upgrade without smoke and change gammon bomb to some thing else.

With the heavy engineer section upgrade, what i want is to change whole squad to rifles and allow putting away sweeper but again due to limitation of skill, i cant get it fully done.
24 Aug 2020, 13:27 PM

The officer in my mod is nolonger an "assault" officer, as i rename him to Platoon HQ section. His load out is base on actual HQ section of a British rifle platoon of the time, which consist of 4 man with rifle and a 2 inches mortar team of man (mortar team is represented by the rifle grenade and smoke ability). He is a support oriented unit. Recon plane require company cp so it is like that of major. Still, i can replace it with some kind of flare for sniper like soviet.

A change is name would be a good change.

Imo stock reckon plane is an issue because of how powerful UKF off map are.

About tommy thompson smg, i did use the sten model at the begining but i cant find a sten gun icon to add to the UI so i change to thompson. Due to my limitations of my modding skill, i cant make the icon of rifle section and bren section clearly distinct so i go with the thompson and bren icon.

If it due to limitation it fine but I am sure there will be people willing to help you if you ask them.

Assault sapper is just an experimental of my own for fun purpose only along side several other thing like 2 man sinper team or 25ib emplacement. They event have a supper thompson profile. They are not meant for balance and i wont suggest them into the live game. If anything, for serious, i will make a version of assault sapper upgrade without smoke and change gammon bomb to some thing else.

Testing in nice but just wanted to point out that having a single stock unit that can smoke and blow up stuff is not good design imo.

With the heavy engineer section upgrade, what i want is to change whole squad to rifles and allow putting away sweeper but again due to limitation of skill, i cant get it fully done.

How about changing default weapon to rifles and have the upgrade replace all off them with smgs?
24 Aug 2020, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2020, 13:27 PMVipper

If it due to limitation it fine but I am sure there will be people willing to help you if you ask them.

Yes, im still leaning. Yet the whole idea of my is bren sections and rifle sections are completely district and both valuable. My plans was to set moving acc of base sections at low level and let rifle section upgrade improve it up to 0,55 or so as well as a more mid range rifle profile. If rifle sections can fight decently on the move and carrying grenade then things such as assault sapper is less necessary. Meanwhile bren section have good old double lmg on 5 man squad set up on top of being able to built defense faster but also come with the drawback of non having any grenade and poorly on the move.

Testing in nice but just wanted to point out that having a single stock unit that can smoke and blow up stuff is not good design.

But if the smoke get removed and i use assault sapper's gammon bomb combines with officer's smoke then will it be ok ?

How about changing default weapon to rifles and have the upgrade replace all off them with smgs?

The issue im having is not the type of weapons but "changing weapon of the whole squad". upgrades related tp changing squad weapons often mess up with pick up items. Further more my original ideal is giving them better default smg at higher unitt initial cost, the assault sapper upgrade only add the model, not improve their weapons.
28 Aug 2020, 00:29 AM

UKF faction rework update v1.1
1. Field HQ.
- Have two upgrade for research:
+ Pyrotechnic supplies: 100 mp /20 fuels.
+ Weapon rack: 100 mp / 20 fuels.
+ Bolster research is removed.
- Infantry section:
+ Cap rate change to 1 from 1.25.
+ RA = 0.85.
+ Spawn as 4 man.
+ Have 1 weapon slots.
+ Have 2 upgrade as: Riles section upgrade and Bren gun section upgrade.
+ Rifle section upgrade require pyro supplies researched and cost 30 muni. Upgrade add a tommy Sten smg to the squad, allow squad to be reinforced to 5 man and use mills bombs as well as HEAT grenade. The upgrade also gives 1.25 cap rate, 0.8 bonus to RA and 1.2 accuracy but take up all slot.
+ Bren gun section upgrade require weapon rack unlocked and cost 45 muni. Upgrade add a Bren lmg in to the squad and allow squad to be reinforced to 5 man and gain 1.5 building rate (trench, bags and caches). Upgrade dont take up slot so squad still can pick up another Bren at the rack for the total of 2 lmg.
+ Rifle section and Bren section upgrade will lock out each other.
- Vicker MMG team and UC are unchanged.
- Medic squad removed.
- M1 81mm mortar team added, require platoon CP to be deployed.
2. Platoon CP.
- Royal engineer:
+ 0.9 RA
+ Cost up to 250 and spawn as 4 man with Lee Enfield rifle (have mid range profile).
+ Reinforce cost to 28 mp per model.
+ Have 3 upgrades: Heavy engineer, assault sapper and AT sapper. The three are mutually exclude.
+ Heavy engineer upgrade require weapon rack unlocked and cost 60 muni. Upgrade allow squad to be reinforced to 5 man, add a mine sweeper, a sapper Bren gun, double building/repair speed, add +1 amour and deconstruct emplacement ability. Upgrade take up all slot.
+ Assault sapper upgrade require pyrotechnic supplies unlocked and cost 45 muni. Upgrade allow the squad to be reinforced to 5man, equip whole squad with Sten smg (officer guard sten) and heavy gammon bomb. Squad gain a 0.8 RA. Upgrade take up all slot.
+ AT sapper upgrade require weapon rack and cost 50 muni. Upgrade allow the squad to be reinforced to 5 man and add a PIAT launcher. It take up no slot so squad can pick up another PIAT for total of 2.
- Mortar pit removed.
- Boffor tech removed.
- AEC unlcok cost to 20 fuel and unlock both AEC and boffor.
- Assault officer renamed to Platoon HQ section.
+ 4 men squad of 1 officer carry pistol and 3 tommy models carry rifles.
+ Have tommy med kit pre-upgraded (improve CD and range).
+ Recon sweep require company CP to be built.
+ Can upgrade to deploy a bombardier, cost 45 muni, require weapon rack or pyro unlock. Upgrade increase squad side to 5 and add a rifle grenade launcher to the squad as well as unlock smoke launcher ability.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★