Login

russian armor

We need to change mg's mechaninc.

• This thread is locked
25 Oct 2019, 03:29 AM

First of all Hi to everyone,as I'm on about to make this post I want to tell you that I'm 1200 hours into this game and I've played since cohv which was my most favorite action strategy game of all times.

First of all,I don't want advice on how to counter mgs(I already know.),I don't want you to tell me oh don't walk into them if they become an issue and listen to what I have to say.

I fairly think that an german mg cost as much as an conscript squad ,has a wide arc and can pindown really easily any unit in his sight forcing them to retreat or suffer losses without having the change to fight back once you're pinned down which happens in 0,5 secs from when mg started to shoot at you.

This is not how real life works! not even in war,soldiers don't just sit there all day long with they head in the sand and dirt and waits for machine gun to shoot at them and kill them one by one,even if they are in a pinch situation they will find a way to shoot back do something while taking cover,not running back home through mg fire like scarred humans because that would get them more killed than actually having a chance to be alive.

Why is 6/10 werch players heavily spamming mg especially in 2 v 2 and up,like the whole battleground becomes an insta pindown altilerry battlefield which is not fun and stresfull as fuck,do you have fun making tetris with mgs and put them behind eachother for more protection? do you enjoy sipping your coffe and starring at your mg how it pins and kills enemy troops? is it a fun game aspect for you? I'm asking because it's actually terrible how many people who play germans relly on their mg suppresion for their lack of skill or creativity in this game.

What do I think it needs to change for the mg's for the sake of making this game more fun and tactical:
I actually have 2 or more suggestions which are all good and very balanced.

1.Let mg's the way the are now but unlock all of them into tier 1 like okw.
-This is the lamest suggestion but I would still prefer this than to play against a player who just poops up mgs(it's not fun,I don't enjoy playing with mg spam or fighting against it).

2.Reduce the suppresion alot but improve the accuracy of the mg's so he infantry are still being pinned but they shoot back at the mg they don't just sit like ducks waiting to be shot,you can also make an ability to spend ammo and make the mg's shoot as fast as they can for better suppresion for a limited time but that's all ,they don't need to be terminators which are countered by mortars and vehichles only.
- If you make players spend ammo on their mg to pindown as they are doing right now in the game you make them think twice before spamming more than 2 mgs and you also make them to choose when to use the pindown ability or not! ,It's a tactical decision and it actually makes me respect the mg players if it's implemented.

3.Often in fights when you try to flank mg's if you're still in the big range of german mg and he shoots 2 bullets your squad will be pinned down for 3 seconds or more and the squad that's still alive and its not being shoot at,it stays pinned for 8 seconds.I FEEL LIKE THEY STAY TOO MUCH WITH THEIR FACE IN THE GROUND AND DO NOTHING ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY KNOW FROM WHERE IS MG SHOOTING AND THEY JUST SIT THERE WAITING FOR MG TO SHOOT BACK (Remember D-day,those americans fought on the beach against multiple mg's and they died but still manage to win,you're the commander and you choose your units to fight and suffer bleed or retreat and loose territory and manpower).

I hopefully that someone understand me and the community takes my side I really wish for mg's to be changed ,it's ridiculous how they are implemented and it's very dumb,they should pin only the squad they're shooting at and ofcourse make others be scarred but not render anything usless,in this game retreating it's loosing because you loose territories,manpower and ammo and more than often players use mg spam because it's reliable and cheap,cost's no ammo and they're good at defending your territories.
I got tired of pin down I want it to be changed.

25 Oct 2019, 03:31 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Don't copy paste spam please :)

/locked
25 Oct 2019, 03:31 AM

I know it's a repost but I did not know which sub is the right one for this post,so I'm really sorry if I did it wrong.

As I mentioned in my recent post that you can find and I used my suggestions,it's not about the counter and what needs to be done about mg's.

We need to tackle the player mentality who rely exclusevily on mg's without making them think twice before cliking on more than 1 mg at the start of the game.

First of all mg's should be costing ammo if you want them to shoot at max potential and pin down like german mg,second they should have less suppression and more accuracy,can you imagine in a real war scenario 15 soldiers sitting ducks in the range of an mg with their head in the dust getting killed without shooting back throwing nades or putting their hands on their head? and why would it save your units if you retreat them running home ,how are they not getting killed from the mg when they run back home ,they simply run through a rain of bullets.

Mg's need to be moved to tier 1 or 2 or it needs to be changed the way it works with the pindown mechaninc,make players spend 30 ammo for 15 secs of pindown or 20,make them less supressive and more accurate so infantry shoots back with less accuracy but they still do shoot back.

If an infantry is being shoot and pinned and the mg is shooting at the other ifantry,that infantry should immediatly start to fire at mg or throw grenades or anything because more than once I encountered my units staying pinned down for 6-8 secons from mg suppresion.

Yes I know german mg's are all superior and best muh gun ever but a bullet on your head would make that weapon usless,ok?,it's war ,on d-day allies went through multiple mg's and still won and lots of scenarios,it's a real war not girls simulator where they sit ducked in fear of being shoot.

CHANGE THE MENTALITY NOT THE COUNTERS!

I love this game the infantry battles alot,I like tank battles too,I still think bunkers should pin down full and be really usefull because they're stationary buildings not men shooting it.
25 Oct 2019, 03:32 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You're fine I moved the other post. Use this one:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/100667/changing-the-way-mgs-work
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak