Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
24 Aug 2019, 19:37 PM

No. The models on the lower floors burn to death, while the remaining models seem to stay on the upper floors and remain completely unharmed by the DOT (as long as the garrison is tall enough).

Flame grenade deals noticeable less damage than it should:

The flame grenade DOT does not have damage all in hold anyway as far as I remember so it would not harm models in large building either. Imo it should be turned to true even if it does not work on multi-store building.
24 Aug 2019, 22:03 PM

Sturmtiger

Solid changes. (ST CP 8 while command Panzer at CP 7 seems a bit strange thou)
One the other hand the unit should not be be in the panzer elite commander. The unit does not benefit from Heat round or panzer commander and the commander aready has a barrage to deal enemy fortification. The unit could be move to another commander.
In addition the commander could further improve by making the 221 and 223 as separate units rebalanced with different cost and abilities (221 could have 0 fuel cost).

Fallschirmjäger

Imo the unit is not suited for airdrop deployment since it it has a small number of entities and can easily be wiped during the drop. Either increase entity count so that the unit can survive the drop or find another way of deployment like call-in or infiltration which OKW currently lack and redesign accordingly. Bundle grenade could be replaced by a WP grenade or Blendkörper if unit retains camo maybe add a mine.
Airdrop fallsch can become available to ostheer Luftwaffe doctrine.

Assault Artillery

Solid changes. On the other hand maybe keep the number of shell to 20 but reduce MU cost since it is rather high?

Sturm Offizier

Solid changes, I had been advocating for vet bonus for officer for years.
The officer's aura bulletin should either make sure it works or replaced with something else.
Imo share veterancy should be removed from all officers that can deal damage. What are the XP values for each vet level?

Command Tiger I

Solid changes. On the other hand imo super heavies should come later. In addition PF need to be looked at since they are over priced.

Thorough Salvage

Solid change as I had suggested many year ago.
25 Aug 2019, 03:12 AM

Move SturmTiger to breakthrough doc
Move CommandTiger to elitepanzer doc
Move Jagertiger to great offensive doc
And how about make SturmTiger Grande ability be a automatic attack like Pershine and Comet?And make SturmTiger crews can't be kill when reload?
25 Aug 2019, 03:49 AM

why reduce tiger vet requirements? The thing already vets super fast.
26 Aug 2019, 15:05 PM

can we experiment with changing starting units from SP to VG and not mess with resources so much?
26 Aug 2019, 20:48 PM

There's No way to tell if The Panzer Authoritarian can shoot yet or not until your being shot at. A visual indicator showing if the gun is not up yet would be helpful.

(I wouldn't mess with the setup animation though it actually looks kinda cool if you watch them set up the truck).
26 Aug 2019, 21:01 PM

There's No way to tell if The Panzer Authoritarian can shoot yet or not until your being shot at. A visual indicator showing if the gun is not up yet would be helpful.

(I wouldn't mess with the setup animation though it actually looks kinda cool if you watch them set up the truck).

It will shoot at infantry anyway if you activate anti-air mode. :snfCHVGame:
27 Aug 2019, 05:31 AM

@modteam:Any Chance to lower the mun price for the pfusies'g43 Upgrade?
27 Aug 2019, 15:59 PM

Flak Half Track changes is just wont simply improve it at all. They should do more to fix its current issues.

It is just not that viable as it used to be. Considering that its sheer consistency is horribly lacking now. Just an unreliable unit and just a waste is all I can say about how it is now.

It just used to be better but the change really ruined it.

Nerfed every trait that used to make it unique and good.

Really done a great job on nerfing it to a state that is simply is not usable anymore. Really made me upset that it was not longer a viable option anymore than as it used to be before.

Just more frustating and horrible to use now lol. Just what a fix was that.

It is just complete garbage.

What makes it good anyway?

It cant even do one thing properly
27 Aug 2019, 16:15 PM

On the topic of the flak trak if I recall properly (been a while since I used it) a set up flak trak will actually lose to a kraut mower that comes to it. Maybe a ROF buff will make it more reliable at all the roles it should be/ could be filling.
27 Aug 2019, 16:25 PM

On the topic of the flak trak if I recall properly (been a while since I used it) a set up flak trak will actually lose to a kraut mower that comes to it. Maybe a ROF buff will make it more reliable at all the roles it should be/ could be filling.

It is current accuracy is too poor and scatter, that is my problem with it. It misses to frequently for that much damage output especially when it must deploy before shooting.

Reload is long currently too which makes it bad and bad and bad on top of everything else about it.

Just too many downsides at the moment with it. There is nothing good about it anymore. too exposed and vulnerable in too many situations.

One thing it does not even have at all and it is simply just described in one word only.

CONSISTENCY.

It simply does not have that at all.

It was good before but now is just garbage unfortunately.

I suggest making it accurate in the beginning already by moving its vet 2 accuracy bonus only to vet 0 instead.

So, that it can vet and scale properly which it cant even do with its current performance.

Odd thing about it, it begins to only do well when ti reaches vet 2. Any lower, it is simply utter garbage as it is even problematic to even scale due to its poor stats in the beginning.

Here is a forum I made based on this topic. https://www.coh2.org/topic/96376/thoughts-on-okws-flak-half-track
27 Aug 2019, 22:00 PM

Some suggestions:
Volksgrenadiers
Swap the mp40 upgrade with the stg/mp44 upgrade. Reasoning: The stock mp44 upgrade has no real meaning. Its just there to buff volks on all ranges and gives them a pretty early power spike. There is not much tactical decisionmaking behind that.Additional to this swap vet 5 volks could get the obers k98 (from 12 to 16 dmg, dunno about acc). Then okw can decide between close range volks or long range volks. Mp40 behind mech/bg seems reasonable. The mp44 upgrade could then be buffed to double bar lvl + cost increase+higher cp requirements.

Raketen:
maybe it could swap with the IRHT. So Battle group then has anti tank and the IRHT in t0 (unlocked with schwerer placed) is easier to get. Instead of camo the raketen could get some vet1 hulldown ability to increase its range or acc.

Sturmoffizier:i think the unit needs one additional ability. Perfect would be one of the abilities from wehr arty off. So either Diversion or concentrated fire.
27 Aug 2019, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2019, 22:00 PMGeblobt
Some suggestions:
Volksgrenadiers
Swap the mp40 upgrade with the stg/mp44 upgrade. Reasoning: The stock mp44 upgrade has no real meaning. Its just there to buff volks on all ranges and gives them a pretty early power spike. There is not much tactical decisionmaking behind that.Additional to this swap vet 5 volks could get the obers k98 (from 12 to 16 dmg, dunno about acc). Then okw can decide between close range volks or long range volks. Mp40 behind mech/bg seems reasonable. The mp44 upgrade could then be buffed to double bar lvl + cost increase+higher cp requirements.

I think you meant to say swap STG44 with MP40. With the ober kar98 at vet5 it might be interesting. I liked that idea.
27 Aug 2019, 22:54 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Why does it feel like the Tiger 1, IS2 and pershing ALL feel so much better than the KT. I've used all of them and the KT is "ok" but it isn't the new tiger/is2/pershing which are all fantastic.
27 Aug 2019, 23:11 PM

Why does it feel like the Tiger 1, IS2 and pershing ALL feel so much better than the KT. I've used all of them and the KT is "ok" but it isn't the new tiger/is2/pershing which are all fantastic.

Mobility is the biggest difference between KT and the tanks you mention i think. With that and the turret rotation speed it's probably harder to get good use out of the main gun, that would be my guess

Still maintain they should make it doctrinal and buff it hard. Idk how you can balance it as a stock unit
27 Aug 2019, 23:31 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Hey I was playing yesterday in the 1.2 mod. Obersoldaten CANNOT upgrade LMGs after the schwer is destroyed even if you purchase the panzer authorization. That seems kinda excessive. Basically if you lose the schwer, any unupgraded ober is practically worthless being a more expensive upkeep grenadier.

Can we amend that?
27 Aug 2019, 23:32 PM

i really think panzer fusi needs a price reduction or a better rifle https://imgur.com/a/tO7E0oW

this is literally pre patch volks vs pre patch rifle but reversed

now with the nerf to okw man power this will be felt even more
28 Aug 2019, 19:51 PM

lol, I feel the same way.

KT should at least feel the same or better considering all its modules and what consists of the tank itself is simply superior to all the heavy tanks during the war.

Definitely was far better than the Tiger 1.

Everything about KT was faster, stronger and deadlier.

Funny how it feels the other way around.
28 Aug 2019, 20:58 PM

further testing with pfusi shows their performance to be the similar to a gren squad while costing 40 more mp

losing to cons at mid and close range and barely wining at long range

the myth of g 43 pfusi beating bar x2 rifle is false too (even at max vet)
28 Aug 2019, 22:00 PM

lol, I feel the same way.

KT should at least feel the same or better considering all its modules and what consists of the tank itself is simply superior to all the heavy tanks during the war.

Definitely was far better than the Tiger 1.

Everything about KT was faster, stronger and deadlier.

Funny how it feels the other way around.

Umm, everything about preview KT IS better.
Better damage, better health pool/armor, better penetration.
It simply doesn't deserve to be any better vs infantry then other heavies, because there is no balance reason for it.
And not sure what anything about KT should be faster, when it was heaviest and slowest tank of the war.
Individually, it couldn't even engage IS-2 without any problems, so it hardly was superior at all if you want to move on historical background.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS