Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
28 Aug 2019, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2019, 22:00 PMKatitof

Umm, everything about preview KT IS better.
Better damage, better health pool/armor, better penetration.
It simply doesn't deserve to be any better vs infantry then other heavies, because there is no balance reason for it.
And not sure what anything about KT should be faster, when it was heaviest and slowest tank of the war.
Individually, it couldn't even engage IS-2 without any problems, so it hardly was superior at all if you want to move on historical background.

KT was not the slowest vehicle in the war.

It was designed with the better equipment than the predecessor the Tiger (1).

The engine of the KT is better but the overall weight of tank is what made it somewhat slower but the KT could go 41kmh while the Tiger (1) 45kmh.

Not much of a difference in speed you see.

Optics were superior, designs, armour, equipment, technology. Just simply a huge upgrade overall.

For a super heavy tank. Surely that was really fast, even faster than some Sherman variants.

Turret turn rate of KT was better than the Tiger (1). It depended on the usage of energy used by the tank. King Tiger turn rate was faster than the Tiger 1 which is pretty amazing when you think about it.

Despite it being bigger the KT, the turret turn rate was definitely faster and better.

KT current turn rate in game is like being traversed by hand which is pretty much a joke to what it actually was in reality. It did not run out fuel in game, did it?

Bigger gun is deadlier but slower reload (which Coh2 got right with the reload). It was still reasonably fast for a big gun like that.

What it should have been in game:

Speed similar to Tiger 1 but slightly slower but in game its drastically slower (which is a false statistic).

Turrent turn rate should be the same for the sake of balancing otherwise it should be faster than Tiger.

29 Aug 2019, 07:51 AM

Hi guys,

Can we please have a discussion about ways to limit the huge power gap between battlegroup and mechanized hq?
I would like to see more radical changes- and it is surprising imo that we havent discussed the option of swapping units between mechanized and battlegroup.
  • luchs could be moved to battlegroup
  • flak ht moved to mechanized

this change would make a lot of sense imo because...
  • the luchs can better operate on its own compared to the flak ht
  • the flak ht would be a lot better if you could protect it with the puma
  • battlegroup would be a lot better but mechanized not significantly worse.

I know that costs propably had to be adjudted but could we at least give more radical (it doesnt have to be this idea) changes a try?

I mean we dont have nothing to loose- if things dont work out the way we hoped for we can go back to the status quo. Thats exactly the way you have chosed with loweting okw's starting ressources.

Now is the time for bold moves. Lets use this chance and test as many different approaches as possible.

29 Aug 2019, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 07:51 AMSmartie

It depends on the gamemode, in team games going for battlegroup is generally better, it provides most of your support unit needs (mortar, AA, recon, except stuka), and once schwerer is up you can upgrade it for FRP.
29 Aug 2019, 07:59 AM

Hi guys,

Can we please have a discussion about ways to limit the huge power gap between battlegroup and mechanized hq?
I would like to see more radical changes- and it is surprising imo that we havent discussed the option of swapping units between mechanized and battlegroup.

I know that costs propably had to be adjudted but could we at least give more radical (it doesnt have to be this idea) changes a try?

I mean we dont have nothing to loose- if things dont work out the way we hoped for we can go back to the status quo. Thats exactly the way you have chosed with loweting okw's starting ressources.

Now is the time for bold moves. Lets use this chance and test as many different approaches as possible.

That would warrant battlegroup cost increase to the level of mechanized, because of timing issues on P2. It can't arrive any sooner then it does now.
However keep in mind that with changes to schwerer, going BG HQ will allow you to rush obers relatively fast and that alone should suffice if you get a PF or 2 for AT to fend off allied lights.
29 Aug 2019, 08:45 AM

Hi guys,

Just doing that and leaving the way the Flak Half Track is currently performing, is simply no way.

It would be better to improve its performance since its currently lackluster, that is the problem.

USA AA Halftrack can handle both infantry and lights better currently. Can do while and while not on mobile (on the move, its only capable against infantry yet it is somewhat more efficient than what FHT can ever do while being stationary).

The problem with the FHT is consistency and its potency, it simply does not have that.

Its accuracy, scatter and reload is real bad (nerfed to a bad state). DPS output is real bad.

Takes too long and does too little for that crappy output. That is why it is not favoured because of its lacking performance. Cant do anything right as it used to.

It needs to have improvements in order for it to be able to self-sustain itself better.

Devs needs to really see how it actually performs.

Its simply in a terrible spot, its performance mainly.

It has literally been nerfed too much.
29 Aug 2019, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 07:59 AMKatitof

That would warrant battlegroup cost increase to the level of mechanized, because of timing issues on P2. It can't arrive any sooner then it does now.
However keep in mind that with changes to schwerer, going BG HQ will allow you to rush obers relatively fast and that alone should suffice if you get a PF or 2 for AT to fend off allied lights.

I mostly agree with your post and im aware of the issues.but i still think it would not hurt to test it at least with adjusted fuel prices.mod team also switched unis when they reworked us tech and it worked out fine.

Its just unsatisfying that mech tier gets 3 good / strong units and battlegroup has 1. A proper rework of the flak ht could potentially help and the perspective of earlier obers is nice. But we still dont know the impact of earlier obers without mg34.

Maybe the new 1.3 version will help to ease the problem maybe not. But if we do a big okw rework we should be open minded for bigger changes - at least in a test version.

29 Aug 2019, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 09:53 AMSmartie

Maybe locking Luchs behind the medics upgrade can be good ? It will also kill many timing issues.

Current :
100MP 15 fuel for truck -> 200MP 45 fuel for mechanized -> Luchs = 300MP 60 fuel before luchs.

Proposed :
100MP 15 fuel for truck ->200 MP 25 fuel for mechanized -> 150(?) MP 15 fuel for medics -> Luchs = 450(?)MP 40 fuel before luchs.
This change can be good considering OKW MP nerfs.
29 Aug 2019, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 09:53 AMSmartie

I mostly agree with your post and im aware of the issues.but i still think it would not hurt to test it at least with adjusted fuel prices.mod team also switched unis when they reworked us tech and it worked out fine.

Its just unsatisfying that mech tier gets 3 good / strong units and battlegroup has 1. A proper rework of the flak ht could potentially help and the perspective of earlier obers is nice. But we still dont know the impact of earlier obers without mg34.

Maybe the new 1.3 version will help to ease the problem maybe not. But if we do a big okw rework we should be open minded for bigger changes - at least in a test version.

If the trend of easier tech option that started with USF started and now continued to Ostheer and Soviet I really see no other option but to allow OKW to get all trucks also.
29 Aug 2019, 10:10 AM

Ober data is Vet3 Grenadier,if Grenadier vet 3 bouns change to 20% damage reduction,how about make ober no vet data be 0.9RA and 20% damage reduction?
29 Aug 2019, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 10:09 AMVipper

If the trend of easier tech option that started with USF started and now continued to Ostheer and Soviet I really see no other option but to allow OKW to get all trucks also.

Nothing prevents them from getting all trucks and in fact, they are the only faction that is rewarded with doing so by allowing super heavy to be built.
29 Aug 2019, 10:13 AM

Ober data is Vet3 Grenadier,if Grenadier vet 3 bouns change to 20% damage reduction,how about make ober no vet data be 0.9RA and 20% damage reduction?

They are already the best anti-infantry infantry in the entire game. I think they are good as they are and giving them such change will empower their godlikelyness even more
29 Aug 2019, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 10:10 AMKatitof

Nothing prevents them from getting all trucks and in fact, they are the only faction that is rewarded with doing so by allowing super heavy to be built.

And nothing prevented USF from getting all tech and were the only faction being rewarded with 3 officers yet their tech tree was overhauled.
29 Aug 2019, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 10:09 AMJilet

Maybe locking Luchs behind the medics upgrade can be good just like USF LT tier ? It will also kill many timing issues.

Current :
100MP 15 fuel for truck -> 200MP 45 fuel for mechanized -> Luchs = 300MP 60 fuel before luchs.

Proposed :
100MP 15 fuel for truck ->200 MP 25 fuel for mechanized -> 150(?) MP 15 fuel for medics -> Luchs = 450(?)MP 40 fuel before luchs.
This change can be good considering OKW MP nerfs.

I like your idea; it just shows that we have some options to make this swap work.
29 Aug 2019, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 10:13 AMJilet

They are already the best anti-infantry infantry in the entire game. I think they are good as they are and giving them such change will empower their godlikelyness even more

then try the new ppsh-penals which are cheaper, 6 models, satchels and high dps on all ranges
29 Aug 2019, 10:46 AM

then try the new ppsh-penals which are cheaper, 6 models, satchels and high dps on all ranges

I rather use the versatile and "that can do something" conscripts with that doctrine.
29 Aug 2019, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 10:14 AMVipper

And nothing prevented USF from getting all tech and were the only faction being rewarded with 3 officers yet their tech tree was overhauled.

You might want to re-read the reasons why that has happened.

Not a single one of them translates to OKW, because OKW ATG and HMG aren't exactly locked in different techs.
29 Aug 2019, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 10:57 AMKatitof

You might want to re-read the reasons why that has happened.

Not a single one of them translates to OKW, because OKW ATG and HMG aren't exactly locked in different techs.

And with the coming patch Soviet T2 and Ostheer tech is also becoming cheaper. Eventually OKW tech will also have to become cheaper.
29 Aug 2019, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 11:04 AMVipper

And with the coming patch Soviet T2 and Ostheer tech is also becoming cheaper. Eventually OKW tech will also have to become cheaper.

Soviet T2, namely maxim, was nerfed out of the game, it really was only a matter of time before it gets equalized in cost to T1 as T1 offers superior firepower and support for along time now, you basically paid more to get less.

Ost is also hardly comparable, given the fact they have one tier extra compared to other factions(soviet T1 and T2 are equal in power, different in utilities - on paper that is and hopefully I don't need to explain why 4 soviet tiers can't be compared to 4 ost tiers) and that extra tier was underused due to cost gate, so that's too justified.

OKW tech costs aren't out of line compared to any other faction in game so no, they will not have to become cheaper, because there are no cost imbalances there.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS