Today, 10:37 AMWiderstreit
- I am for giving Volksgrens the AT-rifle-grenade without requirements. (remove the Faust)
- I am for giving Volksgrens a normal grenade (remove the fire-nade)
- I am for giving Sturmpioniers a klick-me-bomb (removing the shock-nade at Vet3)
- I am for replace Püppchen with my alternative design for leIG18.
- Make Püppchen a Commander-Unit.
OKW is simply a shit of a fraction-design, same for Brits. And Ostheer would be better with Soviets-tech-System and Soviets would be better with Ost-tech-System...
I think the Brits adequately showed what happens when you'd remove snares from a faction. Replacing the Rakettenwerfer isn't an option either, as it would either leave OKW without an ATG (if you'd keep the AT/AI ISG in Battlegroup) in the most viable meta (Mechanized) or it would make Battlegroup even less attractive (if you'd move the ISG to the HQ).
I'd also be against units that efficiently serve two distinct roles at the same time. I never liked how with the ZiS going for heavy anti-tank also gives good AI (or anti support weapons) and by now it's clear that giving the M-42 a dual role was a mistake as well. The game is about strategic unit choices with limited resources and dual purpose units are bad for balance.
OKW does need some redesigns, but mostly to make spread out the faction's power level more evenly across all stages of the match (tone down opening power, earlier Obers, etc.) and to get rid of some cheesy mechanics of certain units (Raketten stealth creep, Uhu, etc.) so the faction becomes more enjoyable both to play with as well as against.