Login

russian armor

KV1 and Churchill can take too much damage

PAGES (19)down
3 Jun 2019, 17:04 PM

Vet 3 Panther having less armor than a KV-1 really shows you where this game went. Down the drain. The community devs just had the idea of getting rid of most good German vet options. Be it the vehicle vet 2 or be it the OKW vet levels which essentialy got nerfed out of the game. The heavy tank buff for Allies was just the cherry on top.
3 Jun 2019, 17:04 PM

YES, Now go look at what those changes were. HINT: I already mentioned them. All they changed on the 19th was the speed while launching smoke, popcost, and its crews moving acc (hardly a huge buff) Jesus dude

All the changes you mentioned came before comet nerf

Jesus dude you are the one continuing this while being offensive. Now pls read more carefully:
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2019, 16:44 PMVipper

That claim is incorrect, Churchill has high acceleration and rotation and is not easy to flank.

That claim is also incorrect Churchill has received a number of buff like lowering fuel cost and defensive smoke.

Defensive smoke come after the Comet nerf.

Now pls stop wasting all our time and simply move on.
3 Jun 2019, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2019, 17:04 PMVipper

Now pls stop wasting all our time and simply move on.

After you. Make a worthwhile point besides just arguing with people. Do you think the churchill should be nerfed and how? Otherwise you're the only one wasting peoples time

BTW i was rading plenty carefully. "A number of buffs" is a BS claim. It received 3, and none of them were significant. and saying "defensive smoke" is not the same as actually saying the change correctly. Which is a speed while the smoke is being launched.
3 Jun 2019, 17:07 PM

Vet 3 Panther having less armor than a KV-1 really shows you where this game went. Down the drain. The community devs just had the idea of getting rid of most good German vet options. Be it the vehicle vet 2 or be it the OKW vet levels which essentialy got nerfed away totally.

The table you are quoting is literally saying a vet 3 (2) Panther has more frontal armor (286) than the KV-1 (270). The Panther having less rear armor than the KV-1 is logical because of their roles and it is realistic on top of that.
3 Jun 2019, 17:09 PM

The table you are quoting is literally saying a vet 3 (2) Panther has more frontal armor (286) than the KV-1 (270).
Total armor is way lower on the Panther. Also StuG has less pen than Allied tds. Play against the KV-1 and witness the amount of bounces and you will see what I mean.
3 Jun 2019, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2019, 17:03 PMLago

As of the next patch, the SU-76's chance to frontally penetrate a Brummbar or a Panther at 50 range is 62%.

That drops to 56% for the Panther and 47% for the Brummbar when they get their skirts.

EDIT: Unless it interpolates. In that case, a little higher.

Penetration is linear.

I am not sure why you are stretching here with the performance of the SU-76 in the next and what you really want to argue. Churchill is more durable than both the Panther and Brumbar and Su-76 is not recommended counter to them.
3 Jun 2019, 17:13 PM

Total armor is way lower on the Panther

So what? It fits their roles and it is historically accurate.

The Panther had 40mm side and rear armor and 45mm of turret side and rear armor.
The KV-1 had 75mm side armor and 60mm rear armor, and 75mm of turret side and rear armor.

Frontal armor was a sloped 85mm for the Panther and a sloped 75mm for the KV-1.

The ingame values are actually surprisingly accurate.

3 Jun 2019, 17:14 PM

So what? It fits their roles and it is historically accurate.

The Panther had 40mm side and rear armor and 45mm of turret side and rear armor.
The KV-1 had 75mm side armor and 60mm rear armor, and 75mm of turret side and rear armor.

Really? Historical accuracy? Okay. The KV1 is outdated and can be penetrated regularily by a Panzer IV.
3 Jun 2019, 17:15 PM

After you. Make a worthwhile point besides just arguing with people. Do you think the churchill should be nerfed and how? Otherwise you're the only one wasting peoples time

BTW i was rading plenty carefully. "A number of buffs" is a BS claim. It received 3, and none of them were significant. and saying "defensive smoke" is not the same as actually saying the change correctly. Which is a speed while the smoke is being launched.

Ok you seem to have engaged in personal vendetta.
Have a nice day.
BB now
3 Jun 2019, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2019, 17:15 PMVipper

Ok you seem to have engaged in personal vendetta.

Nope. Just asked you to make an actual point, but I guess you dont have one

Churchill is fine. Do you disagree? And how.

You quoted me first, but who knows why, you didnt even state your opinion on the unit. You just felt the need to say I was wrong (but im the one making it personal...?)
3 Jun 2019, 17:17 PM

Some misconceptions.

1- USF roflstomped OH, so they gave OH an MG42 at T0 and mp to handle them. Nerf of RET lead to basically just rifle spam strats with 0 possibility of any variation early on because tech is too slow. Mortar was design to offer an alternative.

2- Penals were the original only squad which had a flamethrower which never exploded. Flamethrower crit was removed couple of years after launch for all other units. Penals either saw little/niche use when they were a 360mp squad with G43 like DPS on their SVTs and basically no use when they were made into 270mp units. Penals were made the defacto unit for Soviets, when you basically removed Maxims from the game and Conscripts were stripped of their cheese abilities and their muni cost increased, in favour of stats boost which never manage to cut it to viable state.

3- Anything that screams cheese has been nerfed or changed to be harder to pull off. They no longer are IWIN buttons on their own.

4- Volks shrecks were not nerfed, just plained removed when the faction received a complete rework like no other faction received. Double sturm has always been a niche opening, either post or pre rework. Obers saw plenty of use when they were completely broken and after that it has always been an issue of having them arrive way too late into the game.

1. Usf mortar quickly fell out of favor until smoke got moved from rifles.

2. I did have pene flamethrowers explode. Its possible that had them pick a dropped flamer wich could explode. But its quite while ago.
I agree with the penal conscript maxim statement. Though i find cons and having cheese a bit of a stretch.

3. I agree. Allies needed cheese to win the late game. Wich was complained about a lot. Now they still complain. No more paperweight late game to callin meta.

4. Volks overlap with both obers and sturms and are a lot cheaper and easier to use. That and obers no longer being op as fuck makes volks the choice. Cheap, puch above their weight, durable, while having sandbags and snare plus incindiary and stg upgrade. The last 3 the lacked before their change.
3 Jun 2019, 17:35 PM

The table you are quoting is literally saying a vet 3 (2) Panther has more frontal armor (286) than the KV-1 (270). The Panther having less rear armor than the KV-1 is logical because of their roles and it is realistic on top of that.

Considering that Panther is Wehr main tank to counter Allies heavy, yet its armor is weak to support this role as a mobile tank counter. It got no vet bonus to supplement this role, no penetration increase, no move accuracy increase, no damage increase. Just weak 90-99 armor on its 2nd half that even cheap SU76 can deal 120 damage from 60 range. SU76 need not flank it, just have a nice angle side opening, i repeat rear armor is not rear armor, but 50% of the tank.

Allies TD all out range it, allies infantry all have super fast snares, Soviet even have heavy engine damage. And best of all, Allies TD on vet get pen bonus that completely ignores panther vet armor. Poor scaling for Wehr, dont you agree?

And when you list out all TD available to each factions, their ranges, their penetration, their damage, their accuracy, their vet bonus. Dont make sense why Allies need so strong rear armor tanks that are still popcap affordable.
3 Jun 2019, 17:44 PM

Vet 3 Panther having less armor than a KV-1 really shows you where this game went. Down the drain. The community devs just had the idea of getting rid of most good German vet options. Be it the vehicle vet 2 or be it the OKW vet levels which essentialy got nerfed out of the game. The heavy tank buff for Allies was just the cherry on top.

This game came out of the drain imo. Allies can now fight all the non doc tanks with their stock units. Not just the p4 ostwind luch and 222.
Okw is not the easy low input high reward faction it once was.
Panthers can no longer dive in with high likelyhood of scoring a kill and get away with zero damage suffered.
Kt is no longer the i win button.
Allies no longer reley on call in tanks for their late game.
Allies can actualy use vehicles vs oke now with the shreck blob being a thing of ghe past.

Axis lost their good vet bonusses, allies lost almost all their cheese they needed to win.
So all in all this game got better.
3 Jun 2019, 18:13 PM

Right well.. On topic we still come to the issue of meatshields. They need to be difficult to dislodge but also dangerous enough to WANT to dislodge (live cons suffer from this atm. Durable but no teeth) if it's not difficult to dislodge then it's not a meatshield (see the old kv-1 for details) if it's too hard to push off then it's OP (see the old KT)

Its a difficult road to balancing this type of unit. Imo it's made more difficult by being able to potentially field multiple. A single churchill is a pain, a pair is unstoppable. I realise that's a load of resources but it's in the realm of possibility.

I would:
Drop health to standard heavy tank levels-even as a meatshield it is a bit forgiving
Limit it to 1 on field as a call in (similar treatment to comet to make it attractive) once anvil is etched-its easier to balance knowing it can't be massed
Reduce popcap and price to compensate-this makes it easier to make it part of your army without being either dead weight or absolutely overpowered

Go from there and see if it needs more changes.
3 Jun 2019, 18:34 PM

Right well.. On topic we still come to the issue of meatshields. They need to be difficult to dislodge but also dangerous enough to WANT to dislodge (live cons suffer from this atm. Durable but no teeth) if it's not difficult to dislodge then it's not a meatshield (see the old kv-1 for details) if it's too hard to push off then it's OP (see the old KT)

Its a difficult road to balancing this type of unit. Imo it's made more difficult by being able to potentially field multiple. A single churchill is a pain, a pair is unstoppable. I realise that's a load of resources but it's in the realm of possibility.

I would:
Drop health to standard heavy tank levels-even as a meatshield it is a bit forgiving
Limit it to 1 on field as a call in (similar treatment to comet to make it attractive) once anvil is etched-its easier to balance knowing it can't be massed
Reduce popcap and price to compensate-this makes it easier to make it part of your army without being either dead weight or absolutely overpowered

Go from there and see if it needs more changes.

it is difficult to limit to one on field (same as the comet) since you give up or the Comet or the Churchill. I mean, OKW get one per field KT but still can combine it with a panther. Same goes for the Tiger which can be combined with the panther or brumbar.
3 Jun 2019, 18:36 PM

I would:

This is too much IMO and decreasing it's price is not a good trade-off. It needs stat buffs if you're gonna nerf it's health to other heavy levels while it still has 240 armor. Otherwise it brings nothing to the table.

I don't understand the need for a limit if you've taken away it's only strength
3 Jun 2019, 19:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Considering that Panther is Wehr main tank to counter Allies heavy, yet its armor is weak to support this role as a mobile tank counter. It got no vet bonus to supplement this role, no penetration increase, no move accuracy increase, no damage increase. Just weak 90-99 armor on its 2nd half that even cheap SU76 can deal 120 damage from 60 range. SU76 need not flank it, just have a nice angle side opening, i repeat rear armor is not rear armor, but 50% of the tank.

Allies TD all out range it, allies infantry all have super fast snares, Soviet even have heavy engine damage. And best of all, Allies TD on vet get pen bonus that completely ignores panther vet armor. Poor scaling for Wehr, dont you agree?

And when you list out all TD available to each factions, their ranges, their penetration, their damage, their accuracy, their vet bonus. Dont make sense why Allies need so strong rear armor tanks that are still popcap affordable.

PV outranges the tanks with low pen enough for it's armor to matter. PV HP pool is more important than having high armor against TDs. The changes made to the PV in conjunction to buffing it's RoF, made it better against TDs, better at vet 0 and removing the few cases on which the unit would bounce everything or getting destroyed by a few lucky pens.

1. Usf mortar quickly fell out of favor until smoke got moved from rifles.

2. I did have pene flamethrowers explode. Its possible that had them pick a dropped flamer wich could explode. But its quite while ago.
I agree with the penal conscript maxim statement. Though i find cons and having cheese a bit of a stretch.

3. I agree. Allies needed cheese to win the late game. Wich was complained about a lot. Now they still complain. No more paperweight late game to callin meta.

4. Volks overlap with both obers and sturms and are a lot cheaper and easier to use. That and obers no longer being op as fuck makes volks the choice. Cheap, puch above their weight, durable, while having sandbags and snare plus incindiary and stg upgrade. The last 3 the lacked before their change.

1- All mortars fell out of favour when they nerfed them and improved formations.
2- Trust me, Penals only saving grace was a flamer which wouldn't explode and a satchel which would wipe any unit which was on deep snow. I was salty enough in those days that i had the world record on having the CE flamer explode on less than 1s after purchasing it with my first 60 munitions.
4- Not really. Sturms are early units, Volks are midgame and Obers are meant for late.
3 Jun 2019, 19:03 PM

Doctrines exist specifically for that.
If you can't handle(as in lack of skill, because tools are there for all factions now) something, pick a doctrine that'll make it easy for you.

Was supposed to say "Doctrinal solution to a non-doctrinal problem" but I was in a rush and screwd it up...
3 Jun 2019, 19:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2019, 18:34 PMEsxile

it is difficult to limit to one on field (same as the comet) since you give up or the Comet or the Churchill. I mean, OKW get one per field KT but still can combine it with a panther. Same goes for the Tiger which can be combined with the panther or brumbar.

TBH, it would be easier to make them stronger and limit them to 1 on the field, for both cases.

Comet on release was basically a Pershing which could be spam. Churchill doesn't break the game unless you reach critical mass and only starts to be annoying on 2v2 and up when you can combine it with more units to support them. On 1v1, most of the cases i've seen in tournaments it ends up spending most of the time repairing that doing anything else.

PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS