Login

russian armor

CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch - BETA

PAGES (16)down
18 Aug 2021, 14:14 PM

the problem is that it is way too accurate and hits like a truck everything. 1 accurate hit and squad is no longer fit for combat

Tbh it hits everything very accuratly. At least in 3v3\4v4 its a meta for a soviet to spam them. Imo it would have been some what alright if not the fact that it comes with 6 models, and to decrew it you need to kill all 6 of them.

With its raw damage, its impossible to counter it with your own mortar, not only because 120mm outranges and outdamage you, but because it can outsit you. This only allows it additional aggresive placement, making it even more accurate.

But over-all I would say that it performs somewhat on a resonable level, but it survivability should be tonned down drastically, to be 4\5 men and decrewing with 1 model left like other mortars. Considering you already have better range and damage, there is no reason for it to be almost immune to other inderect inits and hard to decrew.

This and the fact that almost all of the best soviet commanders comes with it.
18 Aug 2021, 14:25 PM

In a vacum from static positions. The avre is strong no doubt but within their respective factions the ST imo is a stronger unit imo. The ST is picked a lot more. But then again you dont see brits used a lot and maybe its used as much percentidge wise.

This thread is not about live but about the patch version. Both Avre and ST have receive changes so talking about how these unit currently perform in live is not very helpful.

Using the unit in preview mode and providing feedback in their "new" performance is much more helpful.
18 Aug 2021, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2021, 14:25 PMVipper

This thread is not about live but about the patch version. Both Avre and ST have receive changes so talking about how these unit currently perform in live is not very helpful.

Using the unit in preview mode and providing feedback in their "new" performance is much more helpful.

Yes i see your point.
18 Aug 2021, 15:12 PM

Tbh it hits everything very accuratly. At least in 3v3\4v4 its a meta for a soviet to spam them. Imo it would have been some what alright if not the fact that it comes with 6 models, and to decrew it you need to kill all 6 of them.

With its raw damage, its impossible to counter it with your own mortar, not only because 120mm outranges and outdamage you, but because it can outsit you. This only allows it additional aggresive placement, making it even more accurate.

But over-all I would say that it performs somewhat on a resonable level, but it survivability should be tonned down drastically, to be 4\5 men and decrewing with 1 model left like other mortars. Considering you already have better range and damage, there is no reason for it to be almost immune to other inderect inits and hard to decrew.

This and the fact that almost all of the best soviet commanders comes with it.

Did they revert the 5 men back to 6? Making it 4 men is overkill it would need a buff to damage and or rof then.
Also its quite a bit more expensive, has a longer reload and bigger scatter area so at max range to my knowlidge it isent more accurate.
Its better traits are longer range and better aoe profile.

Imo the unit is fine.

18 Aug 2021, 20:52 PM

Did they revert the 5 men back to 6? Making it 4 men is overkill it would need a buff to damage and or rof then.
Also its quite a bit more expensive, has a longer reload and bigger scatter area so at max range to my knowlidge it isent more accurate.
Its better traits are longer range and better aoe profile.

Imo the unit is fine.

It is still 5 men.
I agree the unit is fine, works best with sight, the barrage is long due to reload and not very accurate however once you get the delayed fuse it becomes great against buildings. Truthfully I feel it hits better than the pak howi but not as much utility.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 18 Aug 2021, 21:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch is currently available for testing as a Beta. Full patch notes at the link above.

IMPORTANT!!!

To access the Beta:
- In Steam right-click Company of Heroes 2 
- Click Properties 
- Navigate to Betas 
- Select "Community3” 
- Wait for your game to patch to the test build 

We will update this Beta branch with any new changes if need be during the testing period. As always, community testing and feedback is essential to help ensure this update is as good as it can possibly be. Please take the time to test these changes and provide your thoughts on the official forums, or right here in this thread.

We've released an update for the latest CoH2 balance patch Beta. This includes new skins and Commander portraits! Review the notes here and find the Beta instructions above.
18 Aug 2021, 22:10 PM

- Sniper nerf getting decreased (omegalul)
- No ST nerfs (still solo kills support weapons with 0 escape chance unless instant retreat)
- No CalliOP nerfs
- No forward reinforce nerfs

Trash patch preview. Just release coh3 already.
18 Aug 2021, 22:27 PM

120mm backseat gaming nerf! thanks god
18 Aug 2021, 23:15 PM

Just lol. Might not touch CoH until Coh3, this is ridiculous
18 Aug 2021, 23:32 PM

Well I guess they can't please everybody. Yay for Bolster reversion, nay for Comet/Anvil cost buff.

Time to develop to a high art those sandbag camping skills as OKW it seems. Welcome back Sandbag Commander. :lol:

Also yay for unit and commander portraits! A pleasant surprise.

EDIT: I still say the AVRE buff is a bad idea
18 Aug 2021, 23:50 PM

The new models for the updated squads look very nice, but shouldn't they also have portraits that better reflects what their models look like?
18 Aug 2021, 23:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2021, 23:50 PMLewka
The new models for the updated squads look very nice, but shouldn't they also have portraits that better reflects what their models look like?

They are coming, don't you worry ;)
19 Aug 2021, 02:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2021, 23:57 PMKasarov

We are not worthy!
19 Aug 2021, 03:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2021, 23:57 PMKasarov

Oh sweet! That's great to hear! <444>3
19 Aug 2021, 05:03 AM
19 Aug 2021, 05:14 AM

SU-76

Due to the SU-76's limited gun traverse which forces the unit to always rotate onto target, the moving accuracy is being increased to help compensate for this penalty. The SU-76 will still not be particularly strong at chasing due to its limited gun traverse, requiring targets to be directly in front of it in a narrow arc unlike other fixed gun tank destroyers.

Moving accuracy from 0.5 to 0.75

Great to see my suggestion applies but like I said this should be made for all fixed turret medium tank destroyer, because they are particularly crippling to use in 1vs1 due to their need to rotate.

The SU-76 itself has other issues, like not finding a niche role especially due to the low damage per shot.

Changing it back to a 160 damage per shot with lower rate of fire would give it a role as early Panzer IV counter
19 Aug 2021, 05:19 AM

Well I guess they can't please everybody. Yay for Bolster reversion, nay for Comet/Anvil cost buff.

-50mp for a late game upgrade? That's what you're objecting to?

EDIT: I still say the AVRE buff is a bad idea

I would welcome the AVRE and ST just being removed at this point
19 Aug 2021, 05:27 AM

Just release coh3 already.

Don't know about you but don't want a cp77 or fo76 situation.
19 Aug 2021, 05:35 AM

Imo it would have been some what alright if not the fact that it comes with 6 models, and to decrew it you need to kill all 6 of them.

Why does this glaring exception for the 120mm Mortar exist in the first place?
19 Aug 2021, 06:47 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Officer should no longer appear on this icon:
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W