Login

russian armor

CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch - BETA

PAGES (16)down
26 Aug 2021, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2021, 09:04 AMAradan

Overnerfed, no reason build 120mm.
Range was last advantage, now is better choose standard cheaper and low pop non-doc mortar.

This only nerfs brain-dead 120MM spammers who set and forget them. The autofire range was also pretty toxic on some 1v1 maps. It still has a better AoE profile and a longer barrage range which is more than enough to make it worthwhile. If anything I'd like to get the Flares back as I think that had way more utility than the delayed fuse rounds...
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 26 Aug 2021, 22:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch is currently available for testing as a Beta. Full patch notes at the link above.

IMPORTANT!!!

To access the Beta:
- In Steam right-click Company of Heroes 2 
- Click Properties 
- Navigate to Betas 
- Select "Community3” 
- Wait for your game to patch to the test build 

We will update this Beta branch with any new changes if need be during the testing period. As always, community testing and feedback is essential to help ensure this update is as good as it can possibly be. Please take the time to test these changes and provide your thoughts on the official forums, or right here in this thread.

The Beta for the CoH2 Balance Patch has received an update today. Help us with a final round of testing! Instructions for how to access the Beta at the top of the post. Find the latest changes here.
26 Aug 2021, 23:49 PM

Is it possible to retouch a couple vehicle skins some just don't blend in super well like the british m10 or command tiger but by taking the base texture and adjusting the hue and saturation they might fit in a little better to their new factions. Also the tiger ace can it's skin be made a little less yellow.
27 Aug 2021, 00:04 AM

Scott patch notes:
Barrage AOE near distance from 1 to 0.25
Barrage AOE near damage from 0.75 to 1

First of all this is not a straight buff. If the new Scott deals 80 damage up to 0,25 AOE distance and then decreases linear to 32 damage at 2 AOE distance while the old Scott deals 60 damage up to 1 AOE range and then decreases linear to 32 damage at 2 AOE distance, then the old Scott deals more damage somewhere between 0,85 and 1,99 AOE distance (didn't calculated the point exactly where 60 damage line surpasses the decreasing line that comes down from 80 damage). The overall damage should be about the same in that case with the new Scott beeing somehow slightly better vs single squads and the old one beeing better vs multiple squads.

Secondly the Scott got nerfed from 1,27 OHK to 0 OHK in february, now you put it back to 0,25 AOE. That alone isn't enought to make it somehow more viable apart from beeing a mobile smoke machine. This is pretty much nothing, especially if the overall damage dealt stays the same.

What USF really lacks in lategame is blob control apart from Calliope commanders (and partly 105mm Sherman). So to free USF from taking Calliope in teamgames next to always Scott should have somehow more blob control. I thought about giving some suppression to the Barrage. So if you predict blob movement successfully you can force retreats. This won't change low damage of Scott, Calliope will still wipe while Scott only deals some damage but it would give a nondoctrinal T4 blob control tool to USF.
27 Aug 2021, 00:11 AM

Care to give USF an ACUTAL non-doc anti-blob? And UKF for that matter. We all know the MGs dont do crap vs late game blobs.

Also, it turns out the B-4 was not over-powered. Notice it has disappeared from play once the community learned to retreat. It doesnt need nerfs this patch.

Finally, Please do something for the Cromwell. Its really inefficient.

If the balance team REALLY wishes to reach, increase damage to Raks from small arms, as they just don't die when they are out of position.
27 Aug 2021, 00:17 AM

Glad they're reverting the UKF tech changes bit by bit. ACRE and ST nerfs are reasonable imho.
27 Aug 2021, 01:43 AM

AVRE and ST are still able to pretty much nuke any support weapons without much of a counter play, unless you have some spotting unit inbetween them.

Unless you hit retreat\move back the second you see them appear, there is no way to doudge them, I belive even rak with its retreat cant escape without taking damage.

Also speaking of AVRE, I think not only its frontal armor should be lowered, but the rear aswell, because its pretty much almost immune to medium flanks with its 180 rear armor.
27 Aug 2021, 03:47 AM

- Lol, now M26 will have 290 armor back, poor Sander words.
- Buffed Scott still little, but better than nothing. pak Howie should have a same buff.
I dont like new nerf for 120mm mortar. It only have 5 man now, not 6. 80 Range auto fire is enough.
27 Aug 2021, 03:58 AM

I dont like new nerf for 120mm mortar. It only have 5 man now, not 6. 80 Range auto fire is enough.

Agreed, it should get 1 nerf not 2. Revert the range nerf if the units clump together now.
27 Aug 2021, 09:17 AM

This only nerfs brain-dead 120MM spammers who set and forget them. The autofire range was also pretty toxic on some 1v1 maps. It still has a better AoE profile and a longer barrage range which is more than enough to make it worthwhile. If anything I'd like to get the Flares back as I think that had way more utility than the delayed fuse rounds...

Brain-deads spammers will spam stock cheap and low pop stock mortar. 120MM is going practicaly removed from game.
27 Aug 2021, 09:20 AM

August 26, 2021

Churchill AVRE

The problem with the unit (similar to ST) has to do more with the damage out put and less with durability. I suggest you change the squad wiping machine design and adding a hard cap on number of entities it an kill with the shot. One could increase secondary damage to compensate.

Rear armour should adjusted to other units.

Also consider increase CP.

Sturmtiger

Consider increasing CP, hard cap on kills.
Move to another commander

Ambush Camouflage

Simply break the camo/sprint combo that should not be available in the first place and make them 2 separate abilities.
(same goes for Commando sprint and ppsh/hit the dirt)
27 Aug 2021, 15:36 PM

Pershing gets 290 armor? Why not just bring it back to 300?

Or would that be a full admission that nerfing it's armor in the first place was a stupid decision
27 Aug 2021, 16:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2021, 23:49 PMSolar.
Is it possible to retouch a couple vehicle skins some just don't blend in super well like the british m10 or command tiger but by taking the base texture and adjusting the hue and saturation they might fit in a little better to their new factions. Also the tiger ace can it's skin be made a little less yellow.

I played with original skin colours, how about this? Summer one has brutal camo, like german panther and tiger ace in vCoH, and winter has the same scheme, but with white colour as base
27 Aug 2021, 16:38 PM

Also, it turns out the B-4 was not over-powered. Notice it has disappeared from play once the community learned to retreat. It doesnt need nerfs this patch.

The Cooldown Change (I believe it is 90 seconds now?) Is a good change however it should scale better with Vet so that Vet 3 B-4 is the same as it is now while Vet 0 it is worse in the next patch. This would be the ideal solution.

Finally, Please do something for the Cromwell. Its really inefficient.

If the balance team REALLY wishes to reach, increase damage to Raks from small arms, as they just don't die when they are out of position.

COH 2 Game Design as a whole is a mess and lacks focus most likely due to the different balance designers/teams from Relic over the years. Medium Tanks in General are inefficient and function like Light Vehicles with Extra Steps (Look at T-34 for example which realistically should be on par with a Panzer IV but is basically a T-70 with a chance to do damage to enemy vehicles)

Both the Cromwell and the Sherman used the exact same gun. The armament of the two tanks is essentially identical - the British 75mm gun fired the exact same ammunition at just a tiny bit higher muzzle velocity as the US 75mm and they both had two rifle calibre machine guns, one coaxial and one in the hull front - so there is literally nothing to pick between them in terms of firepower. The Main difference came down to the different armor between the two tanks, Yet for some reason the Cromwell and the Sherman have vastly different performance in the game.

I would like to see all Medium/Heavy Tanks Use the Sherman Design of Explosive Rounds for Anti-Infantry and AP rounds for tanks. This way we can adjust/balance each accordingly instead of trying to have a single profile for everything. This would not only promote combined Arms (instead of spamming one thing) but improve balance overall in the game.

Take a Scenario where a King Tiger is pushing and is against a Sherman and Rifleman Squad. Current version of the game King Tiger would click on Rifleman Squad, delete it then proceed to smacking the sherman. If it had to choose between AP or HE rounds, then the tank cant Solo Yolo and actually needs support aka combined arms as intended. This would help wether it is Comet, IS-2 etc and make Infantry with AT Weapons more valuable as they wouldn't get insta-gibbed before getting close enough to firing (Panzer Grenadiers)

27 Aug 2021, 17:46 PM

I played with original skin colours, how about this? Summer one has brutal camo, like german panther and tiger ace in vCoH, and winter has the same scheme, but with white colour as base
I love it. Please get this in or is it available as a mod that works in auto match?
27 Aug 2021, 18:37 PM

A round of positive changes.

I agree with Vipper, merging camo and sprint was a mistake. I'd rather make sprint and tactical movement one and separate the sprint ability and camo ability into specific commanders
27 Aug 2021, 20:35 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Multitasking, predominates in coh2. sprint and camouflage should be in separate units/docs. but in coh2 there are no limits
27 Aug 2021, 20:51 PM

#1 nerf for the ST. Remove the crew stun AoE. Its impossible to dodge and prevents counter attack. And nerf the Suppression radius as well. Its super safe, as 1/4th of the screen can't respond to the attack.

We saw with the suppression nerfs on the B-4 its REALLY impactful.
27 Aug 2021, 21:54 PM

Reduce Ranger and USF officer population!
Reduce UKF infantry and engineer population by 1,after increase squade size they are normal.
OKW volks should be cheaper,reinforce cost about 23?Or like Soviet and Ost have high tech will Reduce reinforce cost.And IRstg upgrade maybe could for all infantry squad at least could upgrade by Fusslier and Assault commander squade.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS