Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Ostheer Feedback

PAGES (49)down
10 Apr 2021, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 14:47 PMButcher
Not a fan of taking away scopes from Elefant.

The Elefant has been nerfed so hard over the years that taking away the scopes is just the nail in the coffin for this unit. breaking news: It's dead since the IL-2 strafe in Soviet airbonre and ram (still not fixed).

Also it is lazy design just like the Tank Commander not working for the OKW Command Tiger.

Just replace the ability in the doc if the premium heavy isn't supposed to get it.

Smoke could work, though that is too similar to the other Elefant doc. So keep the scopes.

Lots of people mostly axis mains keep complaining no td should selfs spot, complaining about the su85 night and day. How is the ele an exception? Dont people have an army in front of it providing vision or what.
Its not like soviets have any chance to take it out outside cheesing it with ram and off map.
Pip
10 Apr 2021, 17:50 PM

You're not really arguing the same point as me either. This doesn't really have anything to do with what I'm saying, cause you haven't even mentioned the AT strafe. Which is my only point here

I didn't say it would be meta without the elefant. I said the elefant isn't the only good thing about the commander. And that the strafe needs to be removed. Not sure what your point is

My point is that even with the removal of the AT strafe (Which I would agree should be switched with a different ability), one or the other Elefant Doc would still be meta, as the Elefant itself is simply too valuable in teamgames. That's all, really.

Why?
Why should the Elefant be the only unit (besides the SU85) that does not need a spotter to use superior range?

And the the Elefant has not been nerfed hard. It is literally a strong meta in everything except 1v1.

Honestly, if people did want Spotting Scopes on the Elefant, for it to be anywhere near close to balanced it really would need to be changed. Such an unit being able to self-spot with no downside/opportunity cost is inherently a problem. The best solution probably is just to not let the thing have them, unless you wanted to give it an SU-85 styled vision cone.

Otherwise; People are just going to need to use a Scoped 222, other vehicle, or infantry to spot.
Pip
10 Apr 2021, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 08:36 AMKatitof

Game is 7 years old.
Literally everyone got it by now as its included in complete editions and frequently on -75% or more sale.

The only reason why you wouldn't have it is if you don't play the game at all.

Could you go ahead and provide an estimation of the required playtime to unlock all commanders, without spending more money on microtransactions?

Have you unlocked every commander strictly through playtime?
10 Apr 2021, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 14:47 PMButcher
The Elefant [...] breaking news: It's dead since the IL-2 strafe in Soviet airbonre and ram (still not fixed)

Stats of May 2021

Doesn't look too dead to me.
10 Apr 2021, 18:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 17:54 PMPip

Could you go ahead and provide an estimation of the required playtime to unlock all commanders, without spending more money on microtransactions?

Have you unlocked every commander strictly through playtime?

If you got the game on release/WFA release you should have every commander through gameplay even if you play on and off.

If you got the game through humble bundle or free, the problem is that you need to farm way too many bulletins and skins before getting coins.

In regards to Ele, i expected that Fortifications was gonna be more picked but the AT strafe is just good enough to kill mobile artillery on teamgames.
Pip
10 Apr 2021, 18:35 PM

If you got the game on release/WFA release you should have every commander through gameplay even if you play on and off.

If you got the game through humble bundle or free, the problem is that you need to farm way too many bulletins and skins before getting coins.

The point is really that it's a lot of time investment needed just to have access to all the features of each faction, particularly if you've already paid to unlock some of those factions separately to the base game.

At this point, Lelic just handing all the commanders out free to every player would be a nice way to promote goodwill. (And I hope no such gameplay modifications are locked behind an inordinate time investment/real money transfers in CoH3... if that ever exists)
10 Apr 2021, 18:40 PM

Doesn't look too dead to me.

Need to point out that those are load out commander stat and not commanders actually picked.
10 Apr 2021, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 18:40 PMVipper

Need to point out that those are load out commander stat and not commanders actually picked.

You wouldn't put non meta commanders on your loudout and end up on top 200.

Its not perfect indicator, but its great trend indicator that can be correlated to meta and what is seen on top players streams and tournaments.
Pip
10 Apr 2021, 18:51 PM

Do you have some "Commanders picked" statistics?
10 Apr 2021, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 18:51 PMPip

Do you have some "Commanders picked" statistics?

No I do not.

From my experience I can say that I always have an Elefant commander in my load-out since I generally play 2vs2 but I hardly use it.

On the other hand I would choose Elefant commander in 4vs4 if no one else picked it or picked a JT.

If I had to guess, I would say that in 2vs2 I am facing Elefants in less 1 out of 10 games and usually in specific maps. But that would be a guess.
10 Apr 2021, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 18:42 PMKatitof

You wouldn't put non meta commanders on your loudout and end up on top 200.

Its not perfect indicator, but its great trend indicator that can be correlated to meta and what is seen on top players streams and tournaments.

That is irrelevant to what I have posted. I have pointed out that the specific stat are of "load out" and not commander's picks.

Jaeger armor was simply not picked in 35k game in may 2021.
If you have the actually numbers of how many times it was feel to provide them and if you want to guess how "not perfect" these numbers are go ahead.

But none of that in now way changes the fact that numbers refer to loadouts and not picks which is a something that imo needed to be clarified.
10 Apr 2021, 19:46 PM

I really don't, because that would subtract absolutely nothing from the fact that Jaeger Armor is still by far the most popular commander. In regards to disproving the claim that "it's dead", it makes no difference if these stats are just commanders in loadout or the ones picked in games.
10 Apr 2021, 20:21 PM

I really don't, because that would subtract absolutely nothing from the fact that Jaeger Armor is still by far the most popular commander. In regards to disproving the claim that "it's dead", it makes no difference if these stats are just commanders in loadout or the ones picked in games.

I have a question: Why is JA being Meta a problem???? It's only the most picked commander because the allied META is TD's and Arty. And if you want nerf the commander so hard that it pick rate goes down you might as well Just give a I win button to allies in team game.
10 Apr 2021, 20:37 PM

This SHTD overpick disparity doesnt show up in the OKW roster who also deals with allied TD and Arti spam, nor does the other Ele commander (all top 200 players own any commander they want, even from raw play time). Something in JA was the special sauce that squeezed out all other commanders. Sanders's stats are AFTER the removal of Stuka Dive Bomb, so SDB wasnt the only overbearing factor. The past few patches have aggressively balanced the recon game, controlling and reducing vision with an emphasis on combined arms and removal of self-spotting. The spotting scope change is in line with it, and with the serious buffs to Fort doctrine, the commanders should hopefully be competitive.
10 Apr 2021, 21:02 PM

I really don't, because that would subtract absolutely nothing from the fact that Jaeger Armor is still by far the most popular commander.

I do not know which commander is the most popular it might Jaeger it might not be. What I do know is that it was not picked every-time time it was in the load-out so it was not picked 35K times as the those number would indicate if presented without clarification.

In regards to disproving the claim that "it's dead", it makes no difference if these stats are just commanders in loadout or the ones picked in games.

I have not claimed that commander is dead. As I posted I would pick an Elefant commander in most 4vs4 maps if no one else did (or there was not JT.)

I simply believe that is better to explain, what the numbers presented mean, exactly.
11 Apr 2021, 00:17 AM

First we have to divide all numbers by three since you put three commanders in your loadout. Then we can see a trend. For 2v2 I would guess the Jaeger doctrine gets picked less than the stats make us believe. For 3vs3 and 4vs4 I do think its even worse. If playing allied you see an Ele pretty much every game, sometimes even two of them. If we play axis we usually pick one Ele in the team.

I do think the doctrine is no way less potent as it was with Stuka Dive Bomb. Only the targets changed. You now have to have constantly half an eye at your Katjusha/M8A1/Priest/Sexton since they Ju-87 is way more spammable and comes in very fast if the edge of the map is close. Often this results in less time to react in comparison to Stuka Dive Bomb.

In addition it can help fo finish snared tanks sinks it penetrates each allied tank from every direction as it seems. It only cost 110 MU intead of the 200 MU for Stuka Dive Bomb. Doctrine is still a combo of killing tanks at front and indirect fire units at back, but the mobile ones.

Since we go for static howitzers in maybe 1 of 10 games but mobile indirect fire in every game I find that way more annyoing.
11 Apr 2021, 00:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 21:02 PMVipper

I have not claimed that commander is dead.

He didn't say that you did. Someone else did, and he posted those stats in response to them. Those stats clearly show it's not dead, regardless of the fact that it's loadouts
PAGES (49)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS