Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
14 Apr 2021, 14:28 PM

The rifle grenade changes are being reverted due to the lack of user friendliness. While it is an annoying weapon to deal with, it is not particularly powerful on its own with a travel time and delayed detonation. We are restoring the Rifle Grenade Launcher to its original form with only a slight nerf to its reload time.

Someone from the balance team can explain how:

1- something not particularly powerful can have been nerfed to the ground on the first patch iteration.
2- still get nerfed, I mean: it is not particularly powerful but slight nerf to its reload time.

Shall we nerf all flamthrower because they are particularly more powerfull on their own vs cover.
14 Apr 2021, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2021, 11:57 AMVipper

quite simply using the data from "https://coh2stats.com/stats/month/1614556800/1v1/soviet"; each commander get a score according to how often it appears on the load out in each mode.

Since there 9 USF commander in 1vs1 Airborne company would have a score of 9 while armor company a score 1.

Now one can add the score from each mode and then divide by 4 and see how popular a commander is across all modes.

Or, here me out here, we DONT use whatever convoluted measurement system you just set up to cherry pick stats and we just use the actual numbers from the website itself. We can select by all game modes across different timelines. We dont need the Vipper Model to tell us which commanders are popular.
14 Apr 2021, 16:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 14:28 PMEsxile

1- something not particularly powerful can have been nerfed to the ground on the first patch iteration.
2- still get nerfed, I mean: it is not particularly powerful but slight nerf to its reload time.

Shall we nerf all flamthrower because they are particularly more powerfull on their own vs cover.

Hey, if it was me, i would had keep the manual functionality but buff it it requires it.
14 Apr 2021, 16:48 PM
Patrion 14

I think rifle grenades could have seen an addition to rifle company (swapping with RE flamers) as a passive upgrade to riflemen, that allows them to shoot rifle grenades equivalent to Wehrmacht ones. Would have made more sense thematically for both doctrines IMO.
14 Apr 2021, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 14:28 PMEsxile

I'm certainly not on the balance team, but I have no problems with nerfing it and think they should have kept the first version.

Auto attacking Grenades are incredibly powerful at that timing, and require far more input (and screen time) to counter than they do to use. Its a zero risk, high reward weapon.

The original proposed version would have kept the Grenades free, but forced user input to use. I think that is a fair way to at least equalize out the amount of APM required to fight them.
14 Apr 2021, 20:56 PM

I'm certainly not on the balance team, but I have no problems with nerfing it and think they should have kept the first version.

Auto attacking Grenades are incredibly powerful at that timing, and require far more input (and screen time) to counter than they do to use. Its a zero risk, high reward weapon.

The original proposed version would have kept the Grenades free, but forced user input to use. I think that is a fair way to at least equalize out the amount of APM required to fight them.

The original version kept the 60 munitions cost to upgrade it and nerfed their cooldown into oblivion.
My point stand, if it was a good idea to make them requiring user input fair enough then why didn't the team just followed with the idea?
Instead we've got a declaration that the ability is in fact weak but get nerfed anyway. :loco:
14 Apr 2021, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 20:56 PMEsxile

The original version kept the 60 munitions cost to upgrade it and nerfed their cooldown into oblivion.
My point stand, if it was a good idea to make them requiring user input fair enough then why didn't the team just followed with the idea?
Instead we've got a declaration that the ability is in fact weak but get nerfed anyway. :loco:

The reason is explained:
"The rifle grenade changes are being reverted due to the lack of user friendliness."

Patch notes do not say it is weak:

"While it is an annoying weapon to deal with, it is not particularly powerful on its own with a travel time and delayed detonation. We are restoring the Rifle Grenade Launcher to its original form with only a slight nerf to its reload time."

The cool down is not a nerf to oblivion either its about 14% longer.
14 Apr 2021, 22:06 PM

Im a fan of the targeted rifle grenade, but autofire is better if its kinda buggy.
14 Apr 2021, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 20:56 PMEsxile

I couldn't tell you.

I'm just giving you my opinion. I think the live version is incredibly strong, and thought the first revision was a fair change. I'd completely disagree with their assessment that it is weak and that the revision wasn't user friendly. Its the same as a Grenadier Rifle grenade, and would most likely have paid for itself with 3 uses. It even had the upside of not knowing when the Grenade was going to be launched.
14 Apr 2021, 22:24 PM

I couldn't tell you.

I'm just giving you my opinion. I think the live version is incredibly strong, and thought the first revision was a fair change. I'd completely disagree with their assessment that it is weak and that the revisi4on wasn't user friendly. Its the same as a Grenadier Rifle grenade, and would most likely have paid for itself with 3 uses. It even had the upside of not knowing when the Grenade was going to be launched.

Is it the same? I cant check right now but I think the gren rifle nade is much stronger. Haven't seen anyone get wiped by the echelon nade. Heck, my volks didnt even lose 50%hp super clumped up vs it a couple of games ago.
14 Apr 2021, 22:34 PM

Wc51 nerfed range? r u kidding me????
14 Apr 2021, 23:03 PM

Is it the same? I cant check right now but I think the gren rifle nade is much stronger. Haven't seen anyone get wiped by the echelon nade. Heck, my volks didnt even lose 50%hp super clumped up vs it a couple of games ago.

I meant in usage it would have been effectively identical to how you use the Gren Rifle Grenade. You would just get to use it a lot more liberally since its free.

The Grenadier Rifle Grenade itself does about twice the max damage, has a lower minimum range, and no delayed fuse on landing, but has a lower max range, smaller aoe radius, and lower penetration.

In practice the RE Rifle Grenade is far weaker as it has far more limited wipe potential, but with each one being free I think the upgrade would have paid for itself in 3-4 uses. I think the ability to wait for when you want to use it could even be an upside, as they know the grenade is coming and have to keep a watchful eye on their squad as it gets into the half health range.
15 Apr 2021, 00:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 22:34 PMChukiki
Wc51 nerfed range? r u kidding me????

Yeah. It got overnerfed.
Unavailable decrewing. Range 45->35(V1 : 40)
How Gee......
15 Apr 2021, 01:00 AM

wow, just sad how they ruin a rare unit
Pip
15 Apr 2021, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2021, 01:00 AMChukiki
wow, just sad how they ruin a rare unit

The WC-51 was a rare unit? What, in the sense that it wasn't "Well done"?
15 Apr 2021, 01:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2021, 01:29 AMPip

The WC-51 was a rare unit? What, in the sense that it wasn't "Well done"?

Some people play only 1 mode/faction and don't acknowledge that something else exist. It's like saying no one uses the Ele becasue they only play 1v1.
15 Apr 2021, 01:36 AM

[youtube]avHCcrgvO6w?t=1746[/youtube]
the reaon why timed rifle nade from RE is actually OP buff, not nerf:
Why new change, Tightrope can quickly pump out 4 nades in very short time indeed, completely wipe out inf in green cover for sure.
15 Apr 2021, 01:46 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

What follow up? This one?

You know if the priest still has the UI bug where shells land long based on the target circle? Can that be fixed this patch?
MMX
15 Apr 2021, 05:12 AM

You know if the priest still has the UI bug where shells land long based on the target circle? Can that be fixed this patch?

it still does have the unusually high scatter offset of 0.3 AFAIK. means ~30% of all shots will scatter long (and 30% farther from the center of the targeting circle if overshooting than if undershooting).
there may be a reason why it has this peculiar settings, but i guess it could be tested if the priest can function fine without it. would make the barrage a bit more predictable for sure.
15 Apr 2021, 05:22 AM

Don't forget the Sexton has it too! For some reason!
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS