Login

russian armor

Gren G43

8 Nov 2020, 18:26 PM

What would be wrong with giving them the jaeger infantry sniper g43 to commanders with g43 4 man grenadier?

8 Nov 2020, 18:27 PM

8 Nov 2020, 18:37 PM

Remove the upgrade from Grens altogether.
8 Nov 2020, 18:39 PM

Google "JLI OP" and you'll have 20 threads explaining to you what.
8 Nov 2020, 18:46 PM

Why? They already have a sniper
8 Nov 2020, 19:29 PM

I had prepared a lengthy reply with numbers but decided against it in the end. They'd actually be worse at close range and on the move with how much that Sniper rifle behaves (0.1 moving accuracy and lousy dps at close/mid).

Either way, it won't be added.
8 Nov 2020, 22:07 PM

Would create a similar problem that 5-man Grens already have where they are too efficient against line infantry that aren't fully kitted with Bar's or Brens. I would be okay with adding a 3rd G43 to the Package and maybe increasing the cost from 45 to 60 but that is about it.
8 Nov 2020, 23:24 PM

I think a good improvement would be to increase mun cost to 60 but give three G43s to the squad.

But this JLI approach would be broken
9 Nov 2020, 00:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

G43 grens basically mimic the current situation with PPSH Conscript.

IF and only IF it requires a buff, it should not be with direct offensive improvement.

I can't remember which commanders have G43, cause i could recommend faster capping (reinforcing the aggressive nature of the weapon) or maybe -2 reinforce cost (which would end up been -4 total when T4 is set up).

My issue with a 3rd G43 is critical mass and the weapon profile which incentives blobbing and running around "sniping" people on retreat.
9 Nov 2020, 02:21 AM

though gren G43 does need a buff i think JLI G43s are absolutely terrible for grens... id just buff them to 3 G43s along with a reinforce reduction + price to 60
9 Nov 2020, 07:34 AM

G43 grens basically mimic the current situation with PPSH Conscript.

IF and only IF it requires a buff, it should not be with direct offensive improvement.

I can't remember which commanders have G43, cause i could recommend faster capping (reinforcing the aggressive nature of the weapon) or maybe -2 reinforce cost (which would end up been -4 total when T4 is set up).

My issue with a 3rd G43 is critical mass and the weapon profile which incentives blobbing and running around "sniping" people on retreat.

Jaeger infantry, lightning war and elite troops have all g43s.
9 Nov 2020, 07:44 AM

Hm, I thought the G43 was a popular upgrade, so what is wrong with it?
9 Nov 2020, 07:52 AM

The only thing I can think of is the interrogation casting range is too small which allows crawlers to go out of range.

I don't agree with the sentiment of buffing the g43s and increasing costs, it's more powercreep and it leaves less munitions available for mines and other stuff. The game is already overloaded with plain no trade off damage boosting upgrades.
9 Nov 2020, 08:25 AM

Yes, but on PanzerGrens, cuz it increases their effective range, gives them even better DPS while moving in close range or chasing retreating squads and only slightly reduces close range standing efficiency.

On Grens it's a bit weird, doesn't increase their long range DPS at all, but makes them better at close range, something that Grens are generally not intended for (and still far worse than PGs). It made a bit more sense while PGs were locked behind T2.
9 Nov 2020, 09:02 AM

power creep
9 Nov 2020, 15:11 PM

Yes, but on PanzerGrens, cuz it increases their effective range, gives them even better DPS while moving in close range or chasing retreating squads and only slightly reduces close range standing efficiency.

On Grens it's a bit weird, doesn't increase their long range DPS at all, but makes them better at close range, something that Grens are generally not intended for (and still far worse than PGs). It made a bit more sense while PGs were locked behind T2.

Eh. I still kinda like it on grens just because of the mobility. I think it also has merit despite pgrens just because you get them at a cheaper cost and have another snare (vs pgrens) it's got pros and cons I think
9 Nov 2020, 15:19 PM

+1
I am Ostheer main and I agree...

In my opinion g43 upgrade to grens simply for people who decided to skip t2(Pgrens) to t3 when before the patch that which gives Pgrens to main building.

They dont really need g43's they just need to be efficient guardian for mg's and with little buffs it can be done like rate of fire or accuracy bonus near mgs or something like that but that for another discussion.
9 Nov 2020, 17:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I also agree that G43 on Grenadiers are not great, but also not that bad. The upgrade saves some munitions early on while giving a decent DPS boost.
It's okay though that it is not better than the MG42 upgrade.
However I have to say that I did not play much with them recently, but if the general consensus is that they could use a small buff then I'd say either a utility buff (sight range increase or sprint) or move the 10% RA buff from vet squad leaders to here
9 Nov 2020, 17:45 PM

I also agree that G43 on Grenadiers are not great, but also not that bad. The upgrade saves some munitions early on while giving a decent DPS boost.
It's okay though that it is not better than the MG42 upgrade.
However I have to say that I did not play much with them recently, but if the general consensus is that they could use a small buff then I'd say either a utility buff (sight range increase or sprint) or move the 10% RA buff from vet squad leaders to here

%10 ra bonus makes them relatively op with 2 g43's even that I like to use them...If a buff gonna happen it can be buff to grens light cover maaaybe garrisoned cover accuracy against allied inf or just against allied support weapons. But either way thats not grens really needs...
9 Nov 2020, 17:53 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Are grens + G43s fine right now? Why would we fix what isn't broken?

There's a place for g43 grens, due to how cheap they are, the fact that grens come early, and the utility of the Panzerfaust.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★