Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
21 Aug 2019, 16:11 PM

Sander, no offence, but I have a feeling you have never played against a kubel spam judging by your response with USF and why can't you give a buff to vet1 riflemen and nerf the vet2 buff to balance it out when you see the weak performance of the USF early game? Is there a reason why USF has to be the weakest faction of allies?
21 Aug 2019, 16:28 PM

Sander, no offence, but I have a feeling you have never played against a kubel spam judging by your response with USF and why can't you give a buff to vet1 riflemen and nerf the vet2 buff to balance it out when you see the weak performance of the USF early game? Is there a reason why USF has to be the weakest faction of allies?

Because USF TOO STRONG ATM!!!
21 Aug 2019, 16:42 PM

Better to just move the vet 1 RA reduction of Volks to vet 2 instead of touching Riflemen veterancy. For no apparent reason, Volks are the only mainlines that get a combat bonus at vet 1.
21 Aug 2019, 16:48 PM

Better to just move the vet 1 RA reduction of Volks to vet 2 instead of touching Riflemen veterancy. For no apparent reason, Volks are the only mainlines that get a combat bonus at vet 1.

That is inaccurate. Conscripts (and Penal both) get vet 1 combat bonuses (via passive ability), several other units also.
21 Aug 2019, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 14:43 PMVonIvan
Make Rangers 2 CP, considering all other elite inf is 2 CP now except falls/airborne

+1 No reason not too. Rangers are squishy when they first come out by no mean OP. Especially considering how fast the PGren blob hits the field now in every other game.
21 Aug 2019, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 16:48 PMVipper

That is inaccurate. Conscripts (and Penal both) get vet 1 combat bonuses (via passive ability), several other units also.

Conscripts get tripwire flares, that's not a stat buff.

Penals.. eh, ok, they get a combat bonus, but that's still not as impact as the bonus on Volks. Volks turn from mostly equal to Cons/Rifles to superior against them. Meanwhile, Penals are already superior to their contemporaries, but you atleast have a higher number of squads to work with as Axis.

In any case, it would be a bad idea to give Riflemen a combat buff at vet 1, because it has shown to be a bad idea with Volks. It would put Ostheer in an even tougher spot early on.
21 Aug 2019, 18:04 PM

1919s for rifle company would make it more viable and makes a lot of sense. Both other 1919 docs are artilery based. Would be nice to have access to ez8 and 1919. Mines, fire up, riflemen defenses no one really cares about at least I dont. White phos call in is good, RE flamers good, Ez8 is decent wish it had a bit more speed to make it a better flanker and better at trying to escape panthers.

21 Aug 2019, 18:06 PM

Rifle Company is obviously designed to be a mobile doctrine, the 1919 doesn't fit it at all.

It would be better to give some minor buffs to the existing 1919 doctrines (earlier M5 and 1919 timing, suppression strafe cost reduction).
21 Aug 2019, 18:12 PM

Rifle Company is obviously designed to be a mobile doctrine, the 1919 doesn't fit it at all.

It would be better to give some minor buffs to the existing 1919 doctrines (earlier M5 and 1919 timing, suppression strafe cost reduction).

Well I thought about riflemen thompsons, but then it kinda takes away from mech and there is so many thompsons already.
21 Aug 2019, 18:40 PM

Conscripts get tripwire flares, that's not a stat buff.

Penals.. eh, ok, they get a combat bonus, but that's still not as impact as the bonus on Volks. Volks turn from mostly equal to Cons/Rifles to superior against them. Meanwhile, Penals are already superior to their contemporaries, but you atleast have a higher number of squads to work with as Axis.

In any case, it would be a bad idea to give Riflemen a combat buff at vet 1, because it has shown to be a bad idea with Volks. It would put Ostheer in an even tougher spot early on.

No that is inaccurate, Conscript get both tripwire and RA:
Veterancy 1 now grants 0.92 received accuracy
Veterancy 2 +25% Molotov range replaced by faster Molotov throw speed
Veterancy 3 now grants +10% accuracy modifier
Veterancy 3 Received accuracy from 0.6 to 0.707

and yes there is little reason to give riflemen a vet 1 combat bonus.
21 Aug 2019, 18:47 PM

sander vipper u are discussing with people that don't read patch notes, it's useless
21 Aug 2019, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 18:40 PMVipper

No that is inaccurate, Conscript get both tripwire and RA:
Veterancy 1 now grants 0.92 received accuracy
Veterancy 2 +25% Molotov range replaced by faster Molotov throw speed
Veterancy 3 now grants +10% accuracy modifier
Veterancy 3 Received accuracy from 0.6 to 0.707

and yes there is little reason to give riflemen a vet 1 combat bonus.

Oh I see, thank you, I didn't know. I can understand why they did that, but it's not really necessary now that Conscripts have a strong, relatively early upgrade that allows them to scale with Axis infantry. Ostheer, USF and ..UKF, are at an early disadvantage, because they don't have such a bonus.

sander vipper u are discussing with people that don't read patch notes, it's useless

I feel I made some fair points alongside of it, can't say that of all posters.
21 Aug 2019, 20:41 PM

Oh I see, thank you, I didn't know. ...

No problem glad that I could help.
22 Aug 2019, 01:08 AM

Honestly, I feel Rifle.Co just needs slightly cheaper WP (Like down to 110 like clusterfuck mines or a bit less) to be an extremely solid choice after the changes roll through.
22 Aug 2019, 02:21 AM

I can understand why they did that, but it's not really necessary now that Conscripts have a strong, relatively early upgrade that allows them to scale with Axis infantry.

Even at T3 the upgrade comes later than LMG grens stg volks brens and bars...
22 Aug 2019, 03:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 18:12 PMRocket

Well I thought about riflemen thompsons, but then it kinda takes away from mech and there is so many thompsons already.

I suggested a Veteran Sergeant upgrade for Rifle Company in a previous thread.

Short version of it is:

1 extra man with an M1 Carbine and a different model ( use Lieutenant model or rifleman model with the radio from the Pathfinder added)
Costs 60 munitions
Takes up 1 weapon slot
Adds a reduced recurved accuracy modifier
Grants the sprint and flare ability to the squad ( cannot be used without the Veteran Sergeant upgrade)

Basically it bundles the Rifleman sprint and flares ability into one spot and gives Riflemen in Rifle Company a unique upgrade that favors mobile and aggressive play by giving added durability to the squad, but prevents you from adding two BARs on the squad. You get better durability but less firepower than a regular double BAR squad.
22 Aug 2019, 06:49 AM

I suggested a Veteran Sergeant upgrade for Rifle Company in a previous thread.

Short version of it is:

1 extra man with an M1 Carbine and a different model ( use Lieutenant model or rifleman model with the radio from the Pathfinder added)
Costs 60 munitions
Takes up 1 weapon slot
Adds a reduced recurved accuracy modifier
Grants the sprint and flare ability to the squad ( cannot be used without the Veteran Sergeant upgrade)

Basically it bundles the Rifleman sprint and flares ability into one spot and gives Riflemen in Rifle Company a unique upgrade that favors mobile and aggressive play by giving added durability to the squad, but prevents you from adding two BARs on the squad. You get better durability but less firepower than a regular double BAR squad.

I originally disliked this idea, particularly since it locks half the doctrine (and already rather expensive abilities for USF) behind a 60 muni upgrade, but it is far superior to the "x weapon upgrade" concept found otherwise.

Though I should say a retexture of the ranger model would probably work best for what you are going for, as it is closest to the rifleman model.
22 Aug 2019, 17:35 PM

3 points I would like to bring up

1. The rifle/RE damage changes will affect the LT, Captain, and Major models that carry their respective weapons correct?

2. Scott: I agree with the cause for these changes, the scott should not be devastating on autofire and should reward players who use barrage. The barrage however is not fantastic as it is hard to use vs moving infantry, and it is not super effective vs pak walls and weapons teams which the Scott should do better to counter.

I think the barrage could benefit from having the max range increased for two reasons

a. The primary purpose of this unit should be to counter weapons teams and static play using barrage. It is currently not very good at doing so and presently it is an autofire AI platform in most cases. More range and better accuracy vs static play would help differentiate it from the HE sherman
b. 80 range barrage cannot be used against Pak43s. Even against a Pak 40 if the unit moves up slightly after the first hit in many cases the scott is in danger of being hit itself. Moving a Pak40 every 55 seconds(new barrage cooldown) or so is not very hard and if done the Scotts 60 autofire range puts it in danger if you try to take out this unit.

Patchnotes on scott

3. The Mortar Halftrack: this unit is primarily used for White phosphorus. If this is adjusted i think a buff to make the regular mortar more effective is required or the unit will not be used. The same could be said for the Ostheer mortar halftrack which is not frequently seen as well.

Is this unit currently considered to be over performing in general? I do not see it as such but would appreciate clarification on what perspective the balance team have on this unit.
22 Aug 2019, 18:40 PM

3. The Mortar Halftrack: this unit is primarily used for White phosphorus. If this is adjusted i think a buff to make the regular mortar more effective is required or the unit will not be used. The same could be said for the Ostheer mortar halftrack which is not frequently seen as well.

Is this unit currently considered to be over performing in general? I do not see it as such but would appreciate clarification on what perspective the balance team have on this unit.

Mrgame2 and Thekingsown10 made enough threads bitching about the white phosphorus that balance team nerfed it by 300% :clap:
22 Aug 2019, 19:05 PM

SEPTEMBER 2019 PATCH PREVIEW - Version 1.2 Changes
August 22nd 2019

USF

Pershing
- Far AOE damage from 0.2 to 0.225
- Mid AOE distance from 0.35 to 0.4
- HVAP cost from 90 to 60.
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #