Login

russian armor

CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch - BETA

PAGES (16)down
Pip
15 Aug 2021, 17:02 PM

I think that the Sniper Nerf is quite a novel way to deal with them, though I might suggest the sight nerfs be reverted. Being slowed significantly after firing should be enough to make them not "self-sufficient", but the combination of both nerfs may be a little much.

I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out in practice though, perhaps I'm overestimating the impact of this.
15 Aug 2021, 17:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Instead of buffing major sight I would be all in for buiffing sight of M20 and Greyhound somehow. Maybe just a sightbonus that kicks in if not moving. I'm all in for combined arms and not putting any additional recon on major which already has the recon plane.

Atm even fully vetted M20 and fully vetted Greyhound have less sight than an AT-Gun has range. Combine that with low armor and health and M20/Greyhound die by trying to scout if your enemy scouts your frontline too.

Maybe M20 should be put in HQ and unlocked by LT+Cpt/Lt+tech/Cpt+tech then. So that it is a general scout tool like the major would be and not a backtech option if you went for Captain.

I think the major is one of the best changes. USF lacks munition free scouting. Tying sight to LVs is a great concept, but CoH2 screwed up the part in making LVs viable in the late game. If they die, it is not worth building them again, so all sight is gone.

Major seems like a good choice since it is fragile, only one unit allowed and everyone will get the squad.

Another question is if USF really needs the buff, or what it will give to even it out.
15 Aug 2021, 17:26 PM

I think the major is one of the best changes. USF lacks munition free scouting. Tying sight to LVs is a great concept, but CoH2 screwed up the part in making LVs viable in the late game. If they die, it is not worth building them again, so all sight is gone.

Major seems like a good choice since it is fragile, only one unit allowed and everyone will get the squad.

Another question is if USF really needs the buff, or what it will give to even it out.

Why should it give anything in return? It's winning rates are abysmal in teamgames and for scouting you need to backtech. With the pak/raketen galore that is 3v3+, getting an LV for scouting is pointless.
15 Aug 2021, 17:35 PM

i think one of the reason they dont such scouting is because they have a non doc recon plane they can call in
15 Aug 2021, 17:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why should it give anything in return? It's winning rates are abysmal in teamgames and for scouting you need to backtech. With the pak/raketen galore that is 3v3+, getting an LV for scouting is pointless.

USF winrates are abysemal in team games? What?

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2021, 17:35 PMAlphrum
i think one of the reason they dont such scouting is because they have a non doc recon plane they can call in

Yes, but USF also lacks muni, making that recon rather rare. Plus, the Major is supposed to double as an FRP, which often does not allow for recon.
Overall I'd say USF has indeed worse recon outside of doctrines than other factions
15 Aug 2021, 18:00 PM

USF winrates are abysemal in team games? What?

Yes, but USF also lacks muni, making that recon rather rare. Plus, the Major is supposed to double as an FRP, which often does not allow for recon.
Overall I'd say USF has indeed worse recon outside of doctrines than other factions

https://coh2stats.com/
All. 3v3 and 4v4. Monthly.
Much higher axis winrates.
I highly doubt major recon would disrupt anything in 1v1s where USF is good so I still don't know why it should give anything in return.
15 Aug 2021, 18:42 PM

Could we fix the disconnect issues plz?
15 Aug 2021, 19:51 PM

It is not skill when the plane comes in at 0.1 seconds when you are at the side of the map and have no way of moving in time unless you can predict the future. How do you counter that? That is the point I am trying to make with the inherent design problem of Strafe based skills. If you are in the Center of the map then yes you can see the plane coming and have time to react but many maps have VP points on the right and left corner meaning that any engagement on those sides of the map makes strafe skills unable to be dodged.

At that point it doesn't take skill but knowledge on abusing map poor map design. What is the point of AA units then if every single Air ability is being converted to a strafe every patch?

it comes full second later then IL-2 rocket strafe.

Loiters is 1 click win abilities and should be phased out. Also AA tools do not counter them completely, they rather reduce loiter's duration. Only prenerf M5 krautmower used to do it properly.

USF needs a Captain with upgrade to have AA, Brits need Centaur. Only SOV have access to easy AA.Imagine going Lt as USF and then paying ridiculous tax to even get AA. Great change.

And if the ability is OP - make a post about why do you think it is so.
15 Aug 2021, 20:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://coh2stats.com/
All. 3v3 and 4v4. Monthly.
Much higher axis winrates.
I highly doubt major recon would disrupt anything in 1v1s where USF is good so I still don't know why it should give anything in return.

All games since July considered, USF not even 3.5% off of 50%. I wouldn't call that abysemal but well...

To the point: I assume since USF performs well in 1v1 and 2v2, a buff should alsp come with a nerf. There will be more M20s in 1v1, on the other hand the major will also be used more often at the front line and not as an FRP. Plus, munis are not as scarce in team games, allowing more recon overflights. As you said, a rather minor buff but (without testing) I'd say it should probably come with a minor nerf too
15 Aug 2021, 21:24 PM

All games since July considered, USF not even 3.5% off of 50%. I wouldn't call that abysemal but well...

To the point: I assume since USF performs well in 1v1 and 2v2, a buff should alsp come with a nerf. There will be more M20s in 1v1, on the other hand the major will also be used more often at the front line and not as an FRP. Plus, munis are not as scarce in team games, allowing more recon overflights. As you said, a rather minor buff but (without testing) I'd say it should probably come with a minor nerf too

Well, considering that USF on average has 2x less games than axis factions (around 10k vs 21k+), that 3.5% difference for 11k games is still low, and for my standards, abysmal. Balanced is 50+-1%, 2% is bad, 3+% is really bad. Not really a proof of anything, but showing trends, definitely.
I really can't think of any reason why and what you would nerf because of major getting vet1 spotting buff. Munis are not scarce in teamgames for USF. I don't think I've ever floated more than 80 munitions past minute 25. Smoke, mines, phosphorous, BARs, Zooks (especially in games vs sturmT), nades, etc.
Fuel is not scarce in teamgames. Once you reach the popcap, unless you're soviet, you'll be hogging fuel like Americans
15 Aug 2021, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2021, 18:42 PMKepler
Could we fix the disconnect issues plz?

Try verifying your cache on Steam. It's a problem a fair few people had.
15 Aug 2021, 23:04 PM

On 1v1 and 2vs2 the top company at loadout is Airborne. I assume it will be picked quite often. Its my favorite USF commander too across all game modes.

Major sight buff gives absolutely nothing to Airborne since Pathfinders will be always way better for that task (same for Recon but that one gets way less picked).

To be honest: I don't think major buff will be anyhow visible in stats more than 0,1% to 0,2%

16 Aug 2021, 02:18 AM

major is far harder to kill than 222 and only need vet1 to get +15.

i think it is major boost.

in the end, ost has weak sight options late game. weakest imo
16 Aug 2021, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2021, 02:18 AMmrgame2

222 is great, and pios aren't bad either... And commanders give spotting scopes, and there are numerous air scout abilities... You're just incorrect

Scouting is decent in all factions, but spotting scopes on 222 is an example of an outlier which is OP, another one is the vetted T70 recon mode...

Hull-down panther with sufficient sight has bonkers range btw
16 Aug 2021, 08:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, considering that USF on average has 2x less games than axis factions (around 10k vs 21k+), that 3.5% difference for 11k games is still low, and for my standards, abysmal. Balanced is 50+-1%, 2% is bad, 3+% is really bad. Not really a proof of anything, but showing trends, definitely.

How often a faction is played has nothing to do with win rate. Especially a comparison to the no of games of Axis factions makes no sense at all. How should this ever be achieved if there are 3 Allied factions but only two Axis ones?
Regarding the percentages I don't agree. Getting withing a range of only a couple of % for modes that are notoriously hard to balance because especially 4v4 is just a huge mess overall and that on top of all have never been the main target of balance, all that together is pretty decent. Perfect? Nope, some minor alterations should be done, but they also should not mess with smaller modes too much.

I really can't think of any reason why and what you would nerf because of major getting vet1 spotting buff. Munis are not scarce in teamgames for USF. I don't think I've ever floated more than 80 munitions past minute 25. Smoke, mines, phosphorous, BARs, Zooks (especially in games vs sturmT), nades, etc.
Fuel is not scarce in teamgames. Once you reach the popcap, unless you're soviet, you'll be hogging fuel like Americans

It's not about floating resources. You can have +100 mun income and float nothing if you just spam abilities all the time. It is about being less restricted on resources and actually being able to use abilities, which is certainly the case in team games compared to 1v1 and even 2v2 due to caches and points/cut offs being safer.

Since we're drifting off topic here, I'll just sum it up: Is the Major nerf worth all this discussion? Probably not. My first gut feeling was simply that USF should get a minor nerf if they get a minor buff, since I consider them decently balanced overall. Either way, according nerf or not, this change won't break USF.
16 Aug 2021, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2021, 02:18 AMmrgame2
major is far harder to kill than 222 and only need vet1 to get +15.

i think it is major boost.

This is wrong on so many levels.

First the standard/default sight is 35.

Whermacht:

Pioneers
Sniper
Scout Car
SdKfz 251/1 Half-track
Officer Units
G43 Upgrade
Spotting Scopes which allow every single one of your Vehicles to have extra sight range and with Spotting Scopes are the only faction able to hit 90 Vision range (Scout Car with Vet and Scopes)

Compare that with USF which only have :

USF:
M20
Pathfinders
Stuart is also the only light vehicle at 35 range vs 50 (it needs Vet 1 to hit 50 Sight - Something the Scout Car can do right out the gate)
Major in upcoming patch - At the Expense of losing your only way to get Forward Retreat (A HUGE Negative)
Imagine asking OKW to pick between Forward HQ and have extra sight.

USF as a whole should be the faction with the most sight options. Especially Since they are supposed to focus on being mobile and flanking (since they dont have easy access to MG early on, OKW is in the same boat).Nor do they have access to stock options for LMG forcing them to be up close. (OKW have Obers) Forcing you to always be close on top of not having non stock Artillery (which OKW also has stock as well as great sight options to allow them to actually flank)

USF should have

+15 sight on all Officer Units (LT - Captain - Major) Since they are the only officer units with Stock 35 vision

M1919A6 LMG made stock, unlocked after Major (Puts it in a similar time frame as Obers)

Stuart - Give it a Recon Ability like the T-70 so it can be useful late game as a Recon Unit

Considering that USF does not have Access to non doctrinal artillery these are changes that would help the faction get close to the 50% win ratio and make up for the lack of artillery by making it easier to flank.

16 Aug 2021, 10:30 AM

This is wrong on so many levels.

First the standard/default sight is 35.

Whermacht:

Pioneers
Sniper
Scout Car
SdKfz 251/1 Half-track
Officer Units
G43 Upgrade
Spotting Scopes which allow every single one of your Vehicles to have extra sight range and with Spotting Scopes are the only faction able to hit 90 Vision range (Scout Car with Vet and Scopes)

Compare that with USF which only have :

USF:
M20
Pathfinders
Stuart is also the only light vehicle at 35 range vs 50 (it needs Vet 1 to hit 50 Sight - Something the Scout Car can do right out the gate)
Major in upcoming patch - At the Expense of losing your only way to get Forward Retreat (A HUGE Negative)
Imagine asking OKW to pick between Forward HQ and have extra sight.

USF as a whole should be the faction with the most sight options. Especially Since they are supposed to focus on being mobile and flanking (since they dont have easy access to MG early on, OKW is in the same boat).Nor do they have access to stock options for LMG forcing them to be up close. (OKW have Obers) Forcing you to always be close on top of not having non stock Artillery (which OKW also has stock as well as great sight options to allow them to actually flank)

USF should have

+15 sight on all Officer Units (LT - Captain - Major) Since they are the only officer units with Stock 35 vision

M1919A6 LMG made stock, unlocked after Major (Puts it in a similar time frame as Obers)

Stuart - Give it a Recon Ability like the T-70 so it can be useful late game as a Recon Unit

Considering that USF does not have Access to non doctrinal artillery these are changes that would help the faction get close to the 50% win ratio and make up for the lack of artillery by making it easier to flank.

how is it incorrect? i am just saying ost late game recon is poor. and the major sight buff is very good, and they are much harder to dispatch than 222.

it is not like every game you take spotting scopes doctrine.
16 Aug 2021, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2021, 10:30 AMmrgame2

how is it incorrect? i am just saying ost late game recon is poor. and the major sight buff is very good, and they are much harder to dispatch than 222.

it is not like every game you take spotting scopes doctrine.

Major sight with buff is 50. Both axis factions have stock tools with a greater sight than 50 (Ostheer with vet). A three man squad without camouflage can be spotted easily and killed in a single AOE-Blast. I guess Major will be used very carefully for direct scouting, loosing a vet3 major should be avoided.

If you are going for Airborne (most picked for loadout in 1vs1/2v2) or Recon company you won't even use major for direct scouting at all since Pathfinders are way better suited for that task.

Don't think the major buff is a major buff.
16 Aug 2021, 13:32 PM
16 Aug 2021, 15:15 PM

Sturmtiger should be 700mp 200 fuel and immobile while reloading. Repair crit should not be available when reloading and it should be able to be decrewed if hit while reloading.

Current proposed nerfs are not enough.

+1. 700 Mp is a bit too much, but currently the price is laughable. Its almost as cheap as a P4, while having the stats of a heavy. Atleast revert it back to 620/180.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS