Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
Only Relic postRelic 31 Mar 2021, 21:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Please post all feedback from the Commander Update beta for the British faction here.

Full notes here

Overview of old versus new line-ups:
Commander Balance Patch 2021 Spreadsheet
31 Mar 2021, 23:27 PM

Why on earth did the Mortar come out of Lend Lease? You should be shoving the Land Mattress and Mortar (or Resupply) in every doc you can.

If you want to give Lend/Lease an off-map, remove the vehicle repair.

Flamethrowers alone are not worth a doctrinal slot. Both Feursturm and Rifle Company have other things bundled in with them.

Raid Section feels like it should have been designed as a CP0 alternative way to play Brits.

Vickers design is a step in the right direction, but would really benefit from being available in more docs.
31 Mar 2021, 23:29 PM

Since Vehicle Crew Repair is in 4/9 commanders, maybe one could be replaced with the mortar team? Probably Vanguard Operations? Or lend-lease, even
31 Mar 2021, 23:43 PM

At first glance:

Assault
Nice to see my suggestions of adding durability instead of pure DPS to this abilities being tested

Forward HQ

Maybe these abilities should bring the ambient building to a set amount of health? 75%?

Hold the Line
Nice to see that my suggestion about toning the ability are being tested.

M3 Resupply Halftrack
Nice to see that the weapon transfer to other player has been removed as I had suggested

Vickers K Light Machien Gun

Although the change is in the right direction and inline with what I had suggested it seem the wrong way around from realism point of view. Bren should be the weapon able to fired on the move and VickerK the LMG even if that means swapping stock and doctrinal...

The new vicker K might be too good for Heavy sappers.

Churchill Crocodile
Remove flares
1 Apr 2021, 00:08 AM

I take it the consensus on Royal Arty flares is that they're fine? I don't have much else to say about the UKF changes personally, look in the right direction for the main part.
1 Apr 2021, 01:40 AM

Vickers K needs to be tested I feel like allowing 5 Man Sections to have 60% moving accuracy LMG X 2 is just a recipe for ultra mega no skill cheese blob. I like the idea for the Raid Section and Heavy Sappers but the M3 Vickers in Special Weapons is probably OP AF. Probably need to limit it to 1 or give Stock Tommies a different profile or something.
1 Apr 2021, 01:42 AM

Please change frontline flares. They are absolute cancer in 4v4 maps. Sure, they may not be as offensive as Spec Ops flares, but in 4v4s they will actually illuminate a broader area. While it doesn't help set up arty kills, it lets your whole team know exactly what they will be running into.
1 Apr 2021, 02:54 AM

Raid sections need to be tested and very carefully. Right now, they can be considered free bolstered inf section, which are easier to hit in cover, but at the same time they are always just as good out of cover + have access to same caches\trenches\sandbags + they again have weapon unlock without actually unlocking weapon racks. And on urban maps they allow UKF to skip grenades because they have mollies.

So you skip bolster, you skip nades, you skip weapon raks, you can capture points faster, you move faster, you have sprint. For the cost of not having a grenade and ability to have pyro\meds (but you still have 1 starting inf section + medics). This feels like an overkill.

I can see ppl using Sappers\Vekers\Bren early on untill 1 CP they go strate for 5 man Raidsection and then just rush for T3.
1 Apr 2021, 02:56 AM

Soviets is getting mg bunker but ukf still dont have one ?

And where does the ability of 17pounder Firring barrage come from ? It sound sills just by the look
I can see you dont want to make the 25 pounder emplacement but there is no need for something unrealistic like an 17 pounder barrage.
1 Apr 2021, 03:34 AM

i dont see the need of raid section in mobile assault since there is alrady commandos. The lackluster advance cover combat can be replace by assault or smoke raid or event raid operation and will be far more effective. And if another infantry unit have to come in this commander, i believe the assault section will be more suitable On the other hand, why dont you bring back recon section to Royal arty to replace the problematic flare that everyone agree that need to go?

i think the ideal of removing out of cover debuff and cap bounus is good, but not worth to be a stand alone unit with all the hard work. It can be merge with pyrotechnic supplies to form another play style avaiable stock. As pyro can be change that remove the debuff in exchange for taking up 1 slot item.

And i once head from sander that infiltration commandos will begetting pistol to spawns as 5 man and upgradeable to sten gun, will this happening ?
1 Apr 2021, 04:42 AM

after some quick test, i do believe that firing on the move vicker K is going to be problematic with sections. Heavy Sapper can be somewhat fine, given that they only have 1 of those and it come late.

On the other hand, with the change on echelon's rifle grenades, may be the M3 resupply Ht can use a similar ability that allow it to equip the selected infantry squad (section only) with a lee enfield rifle grenade (existed animation). This can replace the vicker K so the new fire on the move weapon can be keep for other special unit like raid section or commandos.

The change to concentration fire operation is great, it nolonger feel like a massive waste of munition anymore. But if possible, i think make the railway shot come later will be more realistic. As the symbol of the ability have a mortar shell in it, and the announcement voice say "all avaiable force will strike", i think it can be made that the barrage start with some quick mortar shot, following up by some 25 pounder shell and ending by the pin point railway shot.
1 Apr 2021, 04:54 AM

one more thing, can the improve upgrade on the boffor unlock the "suppression barrage" without the need of an garrioned squad, that will be handy
1 Apr 2021, 05:57 AM

I think Early Warning ability should be nerefed or removed like the OKW artillery flare, it gives a huge amount of vision so easily without any risks.

1 Apr 2021, 05:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 05:57 AMOlfin
I think Early Warning ability should be nerefed or removed like the OKW artillery flare it gives a huge amount of vision so easily without any risks.

+1

Imo a sight range increase for all units during the ability's duration would achieve a similar result, after all early warning is meant to work on frontline territories. It's just some maps geometry allows the flares to spawn significantly deeper.

Alternatively the flares could be put on the valentine, similar to how the command panther received the flares, freeing up a commander slot.
1 Apr 2021, 06:05 AM

+1

Imo a sight range increase for all units during the ability's duration would achieve a similar result, after all early warning is meant to work on frontline territories. It's just some maps geometry allows the flares to spawn significantly deeper.

Alternatively the flares could be put on the valentine, similar to how the command panther received the flares, freeing up a commander slot.

Exactly
1 Apr 2021, 06:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Overall good chabges.
I still have two additions:
- remove early warning flares
- lower the price of infiltration commandos (if necessary scrap the infiltration spawn. It is not that good anyway)
1 Apr 2021, 06:35 AM

The Vickers K change just feels... wrong. It is an LMG, like it literally has lmg in its name. And every other lmg in the game is most effective at long range. The BAR is an automatic rifle, so its ok to have a different profile.

Instead of turning the Vickers K into a british BAR it should be made even stronger imo, almost in-line with the LMG42 or M1919. The heavy sapper upgrade would need one free weapon slot and the M3 Supply Halftrack would be able to give only 1 Vickers per squad, identical to the M1919 weapon rack for USF. Cost would be increased to 70.
1 Apr 2021, 06:46 AM

The Vickers K change just feels... wrong. It is an LMG, like it literally has lmg in its name. And every other lmg in the game is most effective at long range. The BAR is an automatic rifle, so its ok to have a different profile.

Yeah the Vickers K change is weird, if anything the Bren Gun is more like a BAR and a Vickers K is more like an MG 42. I fully understand why it was done but if they need to be differentiated I'd probably make the Bren more close and mid range oriented and the Vickers K mid to long range oriented.

Personally I think the Vickers K being a general weapon was a mistake, and it would have been easier to differentiate them if it was an upgrade for Commandos, as Commandos were the main (only?) users of the Vickers K LMG.
1 Apr 2021, 06:57 AM

Personally I think the Vickers K being a general weapon was a mistake, and it would have been easier to differentiate them if it was an upgrade for Commandos, as Commandos were the main (only?) users of the Vickers K LMG.

Actually that would make sense, so there would be no more elite bren but instead they would have vickers K, visibly representing the better stats. However something would need to be done then about the gap left at the heavy sappers and the M3 supply HT.
1 Apr 2021, 07:02 AM

If the vicker K is going to fire on the move, it should be keept for elite unit like commandos as upgrade, and not available in pair. In the current version of beta, sapper can be set up with 3x vicker k, fire on the move and have amor on top, which is very unhealthy.

Please consider replace it with rifle grenade or turn it into ukf m1919.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight