Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
4 Apr 2021, 08:57 AM

I just saw tightrope video of UKF particularly Raid sections and Vickers K... is this a joke or what? Winning every single engagement regardless of vet and range, congrats! Engineers/vickers/and other type of infantry units no need to be used anymore!

In addition to increased capture rate and faster sandbags build time, the later is a bug so since they said they will be 50% slower in building sandbags.
4 Apr 2021, 08:59 AM

I just saw tightrope video of UKF particularly Raid sections and Vickers K... is this a joke or what? Winning every single engagement regardless of vet and range, congrats! Engineers/vickers/and other type of infantry units no need to be used anymore!

Lets not be so harsh, that is why it is preview so that can people test and fix issues.

The problem is not actually the Vickers K that is basically a bad but the the combination of VK and Enflieds. The unit get superior long range fire power from Enfield at long range and VK cover everything else.

That is why some weapon should not mix. It not only the weapon profile that is important to have strong and weak ranges but the whole squads profile when it uses weapon of different type.
4 Apr 2021, 09:00 AM

Recovery sappers are a bit lame right now - not worth a commader slot just for the ability to throw smoke grenades and salvage.

maybe they could be given lee enfields and the ability to build bunkers and sandbags?

and then they could be added to advanced emplacements, so that advanced emplacements could build bunkers, and make advanced emplacements less one dimensional-emplacements only?.
4 Apr 2021, 09:03 AM

Recovery sappers are a bit lame right now - not worth a commader slot just for the ability to throw smoke grenades and salvage.

maybe they could be given lee enfields and the ability to build bunkers and sandbags?

and then they could be added to advanced emplacements, so that advanced emplacements could build bunkers, and make advanced emplacements less one dimensional-emplacements only?.

Recovery sapper come with smoke grenades/salvage/increased repair speed. They are quite a useful unit.
4 Apr 2021, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2021, 09:03 AMVipper

Recovery sapper come with smoke grenades/salvage/increased repair speed. They are quite a useful unit.

uh i just dont think that the smoke nades and salvage is a full commader slot i guess.

they do start with better repair speed but i think -? that normal engineers can get that saim repair speed after minesweeper + bolster?

I just was hoping to make them more flavorful and unique i guess. i guess not
4 Apr 2021, 09:37 AM

uh i just dont think that the smoke nades and salvage is a full commader slot i guess.

they do start with better repair speed but i think -? that normal engineers can get that saim repair speed after minesweeper + bolster?

minesweeper does nothing for repair speed on sappers.
5 normal sappers vs salvage sappers, the salvage sappers are still faster but not much

however the heavy sapper upgrade make the normal sapper faster in repair speed but i guess this is a bug
4 Apr 2021, 09:58 AM

Maybe not. I was simply point out that that they are not a bad unit.

I guess one could try the following:

"Field Recovery Operation" renamed to "Royal Sapper" move "Advanced Emplacement Regiment" replacing "Defensive Operations".

Ability allow to build Royal sapper from HQ (CP 0 call-in should be avoided since it map depended)

Unit has savage, smoke grenades and come with 5 rifles. Repair speed replaced by 20% repair speed to emplacement plus no damage penalty when repairing.

This should solve repairing issue for the commander.

4 Apr 2021, 10:10 AM

u have to compare the raid section to other doctrinal infantry like jäger light from okw not to mainline
4 Apr 2021, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2021, 09:58 AMVipper

"Field Recovery Operation" renamed to "Royal Sapper" move "Advanced Emplacement Regiment" replacing
"Defensive Operations".

Ability allow to build Royal sapper from HQ (CP 0 call-in should be avoided since it map depended)

Unit has savage, smoke grenades and come with 5 rifles. Repair speed replaced by 20% repair speed to emplacement plus no damage penalty when repairing.

I like this idea. I dont necessarily think the repair speed bonus has to be made specific to emplacements, I dont think it will cause issues, though it probably shouldnt stack with heavy sappers. Imagine the speed they would repair at if it was made to stack!
4 Apr 2021, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2021, 10:10 AMmadin2

u have to compare the raid section to other doctrinal infantry like jäger light from okw not to mainline

It does not matter with what you compare them. They are simply too good at all range leaving little room for "relative positioning"
4 Apr 2021, 11:02 AM

I still dream of the day people consider a preview an actual preview (i.e. a testing ground) and keep in mind that especially in the first iteration there are going to be a lot of values that need further tweaking. We're creating a new weapon here, is it really a surprise that the values might be off on the first try? Wait for further iterations before coming up with these kind of remarks please. This type of feedback is worthless.
4 Apr 2021, 11:19 AM

I still dream of the day people consider a preview an actual preview (i.e. a testing ground) and keep in mind that especially in the first iteration there are going to be a lot of values that need further tweaking. We're creating a new weapon here, is it really a surprise that the values might be off on the first try? Wait for further iterations before coming up with these kind of remarks please. This type of feedback is worthless.

Yeah, some people get mad quickly, they should be more calm, any way thanks for your efforts you are really doing a great job in keeping this game alive.
4 Apr 2021, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2021, 09:58 AMVipper

"Field Recovery Operation" renamed to "Royal Sapper" move "Advanced Emplacement Regiment" replacing
"Defensive Operations".

Can be a thing, but these guy fist need another name, since "royal sapper" is basically stock engineer at least it feel. Something like "Garrison engineer", idk.

But then, Will they still get salvage ? I dont think it fit the Commande's theme anymore. Smoke grenade also dont get along if they are mean to stick around and support emplacement. At the end, turn those bonus into passive for stock engineer is more likely to cut it. Unlock bunker (also on tommy), tank trap and some repair speed is more than enough.

On the other hand, recovery sapper are mean to stick around and support vehicle as far as i believe. I will give in smoke grenade in exchange for critical repair, or event remove emplacement from their construction menu, replace by a repair station. That, and may be Rename then to REME - Royal Electrical And Mechanical Engineer.

Further more, demolition sapper, who already exist, can be introduced and will be the guys to carry smoke grenade, going to royal engineer replacing flamethrower.
4 Apr 2021, 11:32 AM

One could make the "emplacement engineer" a separate and just keep the rifles/advanced repair speed for emplacement/no repair damage penalty and keep recover engineer a separate unit.
4 Apr 2021, 11:37 AM

I know works are till being done and do believe many pp (including myself) appreciate that.

In the case of raid section, i hope that you can decide their identity, either being light infantry role (recon section), supplement mainline(osptruppen/panzerfuli) or heavy infantry/elite role (ranger) then give them a more appropriate name before going further.
4 Apr 2021, 12:16 PM

+
4 Apr 2021, 13:05 PM

Unit name Raid section sounds ok but i think that unit should represent foreigners something like ostrupen.
4 Apr 2021, 13:28 PM

Unit name Raid section sounds ok but i think that unit should represent foreigners something like ostrupen.

Canandian or australian section sound like it. especially australian, if the loadout is 5-6 man squad with molo and cheap reinfoce cost, resemble conscript.
4 Apr 2021, 13:31 PM

Canandian or australian section sound like it. especially australian, if the loadout is 5-6 man squad with molo and cheap reinfoce cost, resemble conscript.
Think voice lines is the main issue...
4 Apr 2021, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2021, 13:31 PMVipper
Think voice lines is the main issue...

it can be overlooked to a certain degree, but yeah. It remind me once i created a highland infantry section with sniper voice line, sound pretty nice i will say. Sure the ausies wont sound that good. I will just stick with Recon section then, they can fit to more than one commander.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS