Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
1 Apr 2021, 07:05 AM

If the vicker K is going to fire on the move, it should be keept for elite unit like commandos as upgrade, and not available in pair. In the current version of beta, sapper can be set up with 3x vicker k, fire on the move and have amor on top, which is very unhealthy.

Please consider replace it with rifle grenade or turn it into ukf m1919.

Its literally to be a BAR copy, why wouldn't it fire on the move?
With new stats, its an LMG exclusively by name, just like BAR.
1 Apr 2021, 07:12 AM

But BAR is Browning Automatic Rifle. Even back in WW1 it was designed for walking fire.
1 Apr 2021, 07:13 AM

Raid sections are just terrible, with bronken abilities ui and overall bad design. Spint and molo feed like conscipt clone and then there are an lmg upgrade. I cant understand the unit at all, like what is the point, the role and the reason behind this ? If aggressive is needed, there are assault sections, if it was to be light role infantry, there are recon section. Just, why ?

Also, remove mortar from lend lease is an other bad change. Like, where are that all of "give ukf more mobile indirect" ? Swap out the crew repair. Return the mortar section or better, a 4cp pack Howie call in or mortar ht call in.
1 Apr 2021, 07:17 AM

But BAR is Browning Automatic Rifle. Even back in WW1 it was designed for walking fire.

"The U.S. Army, in practice, used the BAR as a light machine gun, often fired from a bipod."
We're arguing semantics here really, point is, doesn't matter how the weapon was called, it was designated and used as LMG and in game its "assault-ish" rifle and now, so is vickers.

I do hope vickers will pick up now a bit, because I do love how it sounds, but I'm a bit disappointed you no longer can give it to team mates, it was pretty much the only reason to use this doctrine in team games and somehow I can't see it becoming more popular in 1s with these changes, because 1s is clearly what its being geard towards now.
1 Apr 2021, 07:20 AM

Point is, if there will be a Bar clone, the bren will be a better candidate in term of practical and realistic.
Edited: To make it clear, i dont have much of an issue with the profile. But take look at the animation, in game, bar is fire from the shouder and look basically like a rifle, but the vicker k is just big, chunky and seeing a non elite troop running and firing with it while he cant do the same with a lighter bren is somewhat annoying (to me)
1 Apr 2021, 07:33 AM

Point is, if there will be a Bar clone, the bren will be a better candidate in term of practical and realistic.
Edited: To make it clear, i dont have much of an issue with the profile. But take look at the animation, in game, bar is fire from the shouder and look basically like a rifle, but the vicker k is just big, chunky and seeing a non elite troop running and firing with it while he cant do the same with a lighter bren is somewhat annoying (to me)

I wonder if replacing the bren rack with a vickers rack would be possible.
1 Apr 2021, 07:35 AM

I wonder if replacing the bren rack with a vickers rack would be possible.

Possible, but also make no sense. Bren is a standard issue weapon, Vicker K is not.
1 Apr 2021, 07:44 AM

Possible, but also make no sense. Bren is a standard issue weapon, Vicker K is not.

I mean if we really want to make the bren into a bar, then the vickers would take its place. Otherwise infantry sections would suffer a nerf, at long ranges at least.
But I still say the vickers should receive a buff to its current profile to emphasize its lmg role more, while restricting its availability a bit in return.
1 Apr 2021, 08:01 AM

I mean if we really want to make the bren into a bar, then the vickers would take its place. Otherwise infantry sections would suffer a nerf, at long ranges at least.
But I still say the vickers should receive a buff to its current profile to emphasize its lmg role more, while restricting its availability a bit in return.

That is why i suggest bring in rifle grenade for the m3, so vicker k can be keept for a number of specific units.
1 Apr 2021, 08:09 AM

What was the reasoning behind removing the mortar from Lend Lease? UK is lacking indirect already and you remove another indirect piece in exchange for a vague strafing run? 500 IQ play.
1 Apr 2021, 08:16 AM

I take it the consensus on Royal Arty flares is that they're fine? I don't have much else to say about the UKF changes personally, look in the right direction for the main part.

They will be adjusted, it just didn't make it in yet.
1 Apr 2021, 08:19 AM

They will be adjusted, it just didn't make it in yet.

Please let it be the recon section. Raid section are bad :(
1 Apr 2021, 08:37 AM

Just to push this discussion into the most productive way, here are a few guidelines for suggestions:
- no new units;

>Raid section gets introduced...

I mean last time in the winter patch preview the raid package was introduced and quickly turned down, I really don't get this push to introduce a slightly different IS for brits. Especially in a doctrine which already introduces flamethrowers for engies (molotov redundant) and provides commandos (bar-like vickers redundant).

Or is it done in a desperate attempt to get some advertisement money from Raid Shadow Legends? :P
1 Apr 2021, 08:46 AM

>Raid section gets introduced...

No sight of existed unit that actually make sense like demolition sapper or recon section. Some time i just can understand stuffs.
1 Apr 2021, 08:50 AM

Get rid of all flares bar infantry fired ones, too much BS.
1 Apr 2021, 08:52 AM

The raid package got abandoned too soon but at least it have great potential, especially if it can be combine with the upgrade system of section, i believe. The raid section as an separate unit, i dont see it will go anywhere. Put assault section in there and think will fell a lot better. The infiltration commando can just be scrapped, as there are no point of using them from building anyways.
1 Apr 2021, 08:59 AM

The raid package got abandoned too soon but at least it have great potential, especially if it can be combine with the upgrade system of section, i believe. The raid section as an separate unit, i dont see it will go anywhere. Put assault section in there and think will fell a lot better. The infiltration commando can just be scrapped, as there are no point of using them from building anyways.

Imo the scoped enfield should go into pyro sections, taking up one slot, but having the critical hit ability of pathfinder and jli scoped rifles. It would also explain the extended sight.

As for infil commandos they should spawn with pistols with full squad size and upgrade with stens for free, similar to stormtroopers. (rifles on spawn on commandos would synergise too well with brens).
1 Apr 2021, 09:08 AM

Lend Lease Assault should have had Vehicle Crew Repairs swapped for the Strafing Run and not the M1 Mortar. This repair ability is too commonplace and feels like filler.

As for infil commandos they should spawn with pistols with full squad size and upgrade with stens for free, similar to stormtroopers.

Pretty good idea.
1 Apr 2021, 09:17 AM

Imo the scoped enfield should go into pyro sections, taking up one slot, but having the critical hit ability of pathfinder and jli scoped rifles. It would also explain the extended sight.

As for infil commandos they should spawn with pistols with full squad size and upgrade with stens for free, similar to stormtroopers. (rifles on spawn on commandos would synergise too well with brens).

I suggested the same back when the raid package was tested, basically pyrotechnics add a scope Enfield, remove the out of cover debuff and unlock arty. Bad new is the scope rifle animation seem to be missing in the 64 bit version so we may wont see it anymore.

Let infiltration commando spawn with pistol has been mentioned by sander so i believe it will happen. But with that change, raid section will become event more of a noneeded.
1 Apr 2021, 09:31 AM

Personally I don't feel like the Vickers K needs to be able to fire on the move, Tommies with two Vickers K's before were already strong it just wasn't easily accessible because you needed Weapon Racks on top of the HT. I'll have to test the Raid Sections more to see if they are slightly too strong for their timing. Like I said earlier either take the Vickers K off the unit or make it so they can't fire on the move. If Vickers K are able to shoot on the move I would maybe limit them to one similar to the M1919. We don't really want a repeat of the Riflemen with 2x 1919's again.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS